Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find.
Quote | Reply
So I tried a pair of Nike Zoomfly shoes at a local half marathon a few weeks ago and those things let me go about 10 - 15 seconds per mile faster than I had any business running on that day. I don't know where it came from, but I know that I liked it.

So now I am a full on convert and would love to find the 4% version. Anyone got any leads on to where there might be a stash of them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New Training/Racing Log - http://www.earthdaykid.com/blog --- Old Training/Racing Log - http://colinlaughery.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sat out in front of Fleet Feet for 2 hrs before they opened on black Friday and people here made fun of me lol. (of course I got IT band shortly after that and have only worn them once, ugh)

Not sure, maybe check with fleet feet (call a bunch of different stores?). Or just check runningwharehouse.com everyday, there have been some showing up there.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [colinlaughery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sometimes its a matter of luck finding them, while searching for them id google them every few days to see if anything popped up. After a few weeks through googling I found finishline.com got a shipment of them and I bought several pairs. They sold out pretty quick. If you really want them that bad you can pay like 100 bucks over retail and get them on ebay.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
following runningwarehouse on social media was how I tracked down a pair.

just takes a combination of luck and willingness to pull the trigger.

I had 2 pairs at one time and had trouble selling an unused pair in the classifieds here (ended up going on ebay).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Grand reopening of Boulder Running is like today, right? (edit: looks like it's the 14th) They should have a full inventory!

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Apr 10, 18 8:25
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you try the Vaporfly Street, or the regular Fly for your half marathon?

The Fly version really is a great shoe. If you spend much time in Beaverton around the Nike campus, you'll see a TON of people wearing them as every day trainers. The Lunarlon foam is very soft, and the Nylon plate makes them stiff and snappy at the same time.

The Vaporfly Street is made with React foam, which is a huge leap forward for Nike, but I'm not sure they are supposed to be for running. I ordered a pair last week and will put some miles on them to see how they hold up. The Epic Reacts are *great* running shoes as well, but I need a bit more stiffness under the arch to protect against plantar fasciitis which I am prone to with flexible shoes.

The word on the street (I work at Nike, but I've heard this rumor on some shoe fanatic site, so I'm not sharing secrets) is that the next Fly will come with React foam and the carbon plate from the Vaporfly 4%. I don't personally feel the plate upgrade is necessary as the Flys are very light, and would be lighter still with React foam. But if it's a high volume shoe that I can buy at the Employee Store, that would be fantastic.

My guess is that the Vaporfly 4% will be superseded (in public) by a new model this weekend in Boston, though I don't know anything for sure, other than Nike wants to keep on winning.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, there is already a Flyknit Vaporfly 4% version for 2019. I've seen it. The upper will be completely changed.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is supposed to be a release of a obsidian colored one tomorrow 4/11/2018. Highsnoberty said that it is going to be on nike.com.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really want to like these. I have a pair of Zoom Fly and like you, run a little faster in them, legs are not so tired afterwards and they are not squishy/spongy like the Hokas.
The only issue is that they are so unstable. It's probably because of the thickness of the sole and the huge drop... just walking around the my ankle/heel moves all over the place. It's probably why I have PF in that foot... It might be some strength / stability issue on my part but it's definitely multiplied 10x in this shoe.

What's your CdA?
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [Charleslo_99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Charleslo_99 wrote:
There is supposed to be a release of a obsidian colored one tomorrow 4/11/2018. Highsnoberty said that it is going to be on nike.com.

And Eastbay, Heartbreak hill sports, selected running stores, if I remember correctly.

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The new Obsidian (navy) colorway launches in the US on April 11th at 10:00 am (EST)

fleetfeetsports.com and about 30 Fleet Feet Sports stores will have pairs in stock but they will go fast

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FF Boots wrote:
The new Obsidian (navy) colorway launches in the US on April 11th at 10:00 am (EST)

fleetfeetsports.com and about 30 Fleet Feet Sports stores will have pairs in stock but they will go fast

Beyond tomorrows launch that will sellout immediately... Do you know if you will you get another colorway or simply more in stock before June 1st?

Literally, just yes or no :)
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
not as easy as yes or no as that is not how Nike is releasing this shoe to dealers these days

typically 2-3 weeks before a launch I get final notification of an allocation and how many pairs I will get and when they can be sold.

All I know of for now is this launch for 4/11 and that there will be an updated 4% in Q4 sometime (exact date not determined)

could there be more restocks this year, I'd think its a safe bet there will be, is there a planed date for them, no there is not. could it be before June 1st, maybe.

I'd be alert at 10:00 am tomorrow

Boots
Fleet Feet Rochester, NY
Fleet Feet Buffalo, NY
YellowJacket Racing, Rochester, NY
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [FF Boots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FF Boots wrote:
not as easy as yes or no as that is not how Nike is releasing this shoe to dealers these days

typically 2-3 weeks before a launch I get final notification of an allocation and how many pairs I will get and when they can be sold.

All I know of for now is this launch for 4/11 and that there will be an updated 4% in Q4 sometime (exact date not determined)

could there be more restocks this year, I'd think its a safe bet there will be, is there a planed date for them, no there is not. could it be before June 1st, maybe.

I'd be alert at 10:00 am tomorrow

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..... fuckin' Nike!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I lucked out and got mine off runningwarehouse for 15% off. If you're on Facebook join the group Running Shoe Geeks. There's shop owners that post when they get stock and will take orders over the phone. That or go to Brazil. After doing 70.3 FL this weekend it seemed every Brazilian athlete had a pair on as well, so they must have a surplus.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Luke’s locker in dallas just posted that they will have them in tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/mungub
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a size 9 on the way that might be a touch too small. Don't know what size you wear but if they don't work I'll be selling them on here probably.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [Insilvis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Insilvis wrote:
I have a size 9 on the way that might be a touch too small. Don't know what size you wear but if they don't work I'll be selling them on here probably.

Size 11.. sorry.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’ll take them sight unseen.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [AdamL2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AdamL2424 wrote:
I’ll take them sight unseen.

You might want to reply to him directly.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My bad wasn’t paying attention. Thought you were saying you had an 11. Sorry about that
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
https://www.fleetfeetsports.com/...fly-4?sku=880847-405

Fleet Feet has their online stock updated now with the obsidian color. I broke down and picked up a pair. I went a half size smaller than the Zoom Fly's per recommendations of a number of people on lets run message board. Hope they fit as I don't think sizes will stick around long enough to do an exchange.

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im glad they don't have a size 12, because I dont have 250 bucks to drop on a pair of shoes.

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [Pun_Times] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i went down a half size than what I thought I needed too after trying several pair on.
Quote Reply
Re: Where to get Vaporfly 4%? Wow is it hard to find. [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They still have 12's right now.
Quote Reply

Prev Next