Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? April 9 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 9 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A week in CALIFORNIA!!!!!

For the week:
Mon. 4/2 – Elliptical 15 min; Stationary bike 16 min. TOTAL 31 min

Tue. 4/3 – Strength workout 50 min; swim 1,100 scy 33 min. TOTAL 1:23

Wed. 4/4 – Walk (all walk is walk/slow jog) 1.8 mi 36 min; swim 1,500 scy 40 min. TOTAL 1:16

Thur. 4/5 – Walk 1.5 mi 31 min; swim 1,600 scy 42 min; bike 8.7 mi 46 min. TOTAL 1:59

Fri. 4/6 – Swim 2,200 scy 1:18 TOTAL 1:18

Sat. 4/7 – Walk 1.5 mi 31 min; strength 34 min. TOTAL 1:05

Sun. 4/8 – Walk 1.8 mi 49 min; walk 1.3 mi 27 min. TOTAL 1:16

9 hours for the week. Happy with that.
Heading out for a jog and to the pool before I head to the airport.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 9 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi Womens. Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik -- I hope you had a great birthday.

My goals last week were:

Quote:
3 bikes, 3 swims, 3 runs, PT and yoga plus a weekend of cheering at Oceanside.

I only swam twice (I lost a whole day of training to a work emergency -- so it goes!) but everything else was solid. I had a great day in Oceanside cheering for all the sports and doing all the sports. My friends who I sherpaed for had great races, I saw some old friends, and got to meet with coaches and talk with their athletes.

I'm going to do my missed swim this week so if I'm ambitious I'll get 4 swims, 3 bikes, 3 runs, PT, and yoga this week.

I hope those of you that made it to camp had a great time and I wish everyone a good week of training.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Last edited by: SoCalTricurious: Apr 9, 18 11:33
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 9 Edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I did have a good birthday, thanks!

Quote:
goal for this week (work goal) is to get a revise-and-resubmit paper resubmitted. This is from my dissertation.
sports goals: 5 swims, at least two rides, bike more miles than I run, day off from running
The only goal I didn't make was to bike more miles than I ran. Happy to have that paper resubmitted!

51.2 miles run, 38.2 miles ridden, and about 1.5 miles swum.

Sport goals this week are the same as last week. I rode this morning so right now I'm up on the bike miles ;-)
Work goal is to get another paper submitted (the other one from my dissertation - it's too long by exactly double).

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? April 9 Edition [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for posting all those pictures from Xantusia; I'm very jealous as until yesterday it was still freezing here!

Into the build phase of my TrainerRoad plan now. We installed the new powermeter on the TT bike and I FTP tested on it yesterday. For a variety of reasons, I was quite trepidatious going in but it wasn't as disastrous as I feared. Plenty to work on though.

Plan for the week - need to add in a couple of strength sessions
M: swim (done) + run
T: trainer ride
W: swim + run
Th: trainer ride
F: swim + run
S: rest
S: trainer ride.

One of my goals for this block of training is to put in the work on the swim. It's my weakest discipline and where I feel I see the least reward even when I put the training in, so those are always the first sessions to be jettisoned. No more!
Quote Reply