Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best Sport/Tri Bra......
Quote | Reply

I've always raced in tanks with built/in bras but switched over to a new Castelli kit that I love but need a good bra. I use some very old Champion bras when I run....but they're starting to fall apart --I'm not kidding when I say they're old! I've used Brooks in the past but i'm not a big fan of the padding. I'm a 36/C and need high impact. Not a fan of the bras with velcro on the straps....have had chafing issues.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Calamityjane88 [ In reply to ]
Re: Best Sport/Tri Bra...... [triagain15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triagain15 wrote:
I've always raced in tanks with built/in bras but switched over to a new Castelli kit that I love but need a good bra. I use some very old Champion bras when I run....but they're starting to fall apart --I'm not kidding when I say they're old! I've used Brooks in the past but i'm not a big fan of the padding. I'm a 36/C and need high impact. Not a fan of the bras with velcro on the straps....have had chafing issues.

The new shock absorber high impact run? Much softer and doesn’t chaffe. The straps are wider and adjustable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like Icebreaker stuff. Never had chafing issues, and wool doesn't smell like tech fabrics start to.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Best Sport/Tri Bra...... [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am a 34C and train and race in the Lululemon All Sport Bras and the Energy Bra in a size 4. I'm a former collegiate swimmer so I'm super picky about the feel of what I swim in and these Bras have been much better than a standard triathlon bra. They're made of a Lycra type material so no chafing and they're tight enough to restrict bounce while not putting much pressure on the shoulders. They're pricey....but they seriously last forever. Also, if you have any issues (ex. I had one with a strap that kinda lost its stretch in the wash) you can bring it in and they'll replace it for free under lifetime warranty.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think Triumph Triaction bras are the best sport bras. I wear a pretty big size (34E) and these bras are by far the best I’ve ever used.
Last edited by: slink: Apr 7, 18 11:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a 36DD after augmentation. Trust me -- these things are heavy and I needed to find an un-padded, high impact, compressive sports bra for training. The Brooks Rebound Racer has been working great for me. I tried it out at my local run shop and I am planning to buy another one. It is pretty comfortable and doesn't hold a ton of water after the swim, which is great. I've never noticed an issue while on the bike or run from it.

http://www.brooksrunning.com/...orts-bra/350037.html
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am a 32D and have struggled to find something appropriately supportive on the run that doesn't suffocate me or chafe too much while swimming and riding. I have had great luck with Title 9 Sports: https://www.titlenine.com/home.do. They offer a great variety of bra types with a convenient support rating system, and have a generous no-questions-asked return policy if things just don't work out after a run or two. Highly recommend! Hope you find a few that work for you!
Quote Reply
Re: Best Sport/Tri Bra...... [staceyhmurphy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you for posting - am struggling with the same thing. Loved the Maia bras from Moving Comfort, but they've changed since being acquired by Brooks and now they don't fit the same way. I'm 36E after 2 kids so need good support!

Wacoal also has some good sports bras, though I don't find them supportive enough for running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ding ding ding....we finally have a winner.

The Shock Absorber Ultimate Fly Bra....WOW....incredibly lightweight and held up great Swim, Bike and Run!

And a great price on Amazon...mine was $26.

If anyone is interested in a Rebound Racer size 38C...let me know...really liked that one but chaffed my shoulder on the run...don't like that velcro adjustability part. Otherwise a good runner up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I measure a 32D, but HATE HATE HATE sports bras with thick bands and seams around the band (did I mention I hate them?) I also hate any bra that requires me to be a contortionist to get it on OR ones that have a hook closure like regular bras do. It's a personal preference thing. I used to use good old fashioned champion ones, but they don't make them the same anymore.

My current go-to bras are Zensah and one of the new Brooks models. All of the below are completely seamless. Seamless is a must have for me!

1) Zensah "gazelle" model sports bra. These work great, have lots of support. Yes, it will smoosh you, but that's the point right? I'm not trying to win any kind of fashion contests with my sports bra- I want something that supports me well. I ran in this for my double marathon at the end of Ultraman Florida - was great the whole time. This bra fits tightly (I wear a small) so when my lats were a little more developed from training for ultraman (10K swim) - i made sure to use body glide on any place where it could be problematic. https://www.zensah.com/...gh-impact-sports-bra

2) Zensah "seamless running" model sports bra- less support than #1 but still good for most runs and for riding too. Also wear a small in this style. I don't usually race in these because I like the stronger support for races. https://www.zensah.com/.../seamless-sports-bra

3) Brooks "Dare Crossback" model. This bra is sized like a regular one, so I wear the 32CD size. When I got this, I worried about how well it would support but I was surprised. I've run in it up to an hour so far, and no problems with it. This bra has a little better looking shape (but as you can imagine based on my comments above, I don't care so much about shape haha). https://www.brooksrunning.com/...ning-bra/350074.html

Please note - with any sports bra, I use body glide liberally on the band area because I have scars from chaffing due to bras and heart rate monitors.

FINALLY - I decided to take a risk and purchase the Brooks "Dare Racerback Run Bra" - violating all of my normal sports bra rules. It was a terrible decision. I'm sure the bra would be fine running but man, this thing takes effort to get into. You have to put it over your head like a racerback, but then flip it backwards to hook, and then flip it BACK around (while tight) to wriggle yourself into it. Then there are weird velcro things on the straps that I imagine are going to be problematic long term. Anyone want it? LOL....https://www.brooksrunning.com/...ning-bra/350073.html
Quote Reply
Re: Best Sport/Tri Bra...... [mtrichick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mtrichick wrote:
3) Brooks "Dare Crossback" model. This bra is sized like a regular one, so I wear the 32CD size. When I got this, I worried about how well it would support but I was surprised. I've run in it up to an hour so far, and no problems with it. This bra has a little better looking shape (but as you can imagine based on my comments above, I don't care so much about shape haha). https://www.brooksrunning.com/...ning-bra/350074.html

I ran 12 miles on Monday in mine, and I absolutely LOVE it. It's a WAY better option than the old Brooks Rebound, where the straps never did what they were supposed to, and chafed to high heavens with any kind of HRM.

Level II USAT Coach | Level 3 USAC Coach | NASM-CPT
Team Zoot | Tailwind Trailblazer
I can tell you why you're sick, I just can't write you an Rx
Quote Reply
Re: Best Sport/Tri Bra...... [mtrichick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yo, I'm in the ibtc big time, which would normally make my experiences irrelevant for this thread. But, I have fibrocystic issues that require me to wear the most supportive sports bras possible when running, and a supportive bra any old time. This can be a problem, since I'm a 34A/B, and a lot of the most supportive bras are made for bigger women. (it also flattens whatever little bubbies I've got, but that's a story for another thread) The Brooks Rebound Racer does cause chaffing, but it's the only bra I've used that fully contains fibrocystic-related pain.

Otherwise, I'm almost always wearing Nike swoosh bras that are a size smaller (xs for me). they're great for racing under a trisuit too--they dry quickly.

Formerly GiantNewb, but not such a newb anymore.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are a number of supportive and comfortable sports bras in the market. You might come across different sports bras that guarantee high support level, but on wearing you tend to experience tight contraptions resulting in unflattering uni-boob. Fortunately, some bra brands are stepping up to bring women with the best regardless of your breasts size and shape especially when it comes to support style, and comfort. You can try some of these recommendations:

1. Panache Underwire Sports Bra
2. Enell Maximum Control Wire-Free Sports Bra
3. Enlite Lululemon Sports Bra
4. Berlei Women's Sf3 High Impact Underwire Sports Bra
5. Mirity Racerback Sports Bra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Runderwear from the UK (also availabke from Australian website) is phenomenal and non-chafing.
Quote Reply