Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have looked and can't seem to find where I can pick up a new rear brake from my Gen 2 7.5. Is my LBS my only option?
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 Seatpost saddle angle stuck? [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! Thought I had replied to this already ,:)
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 Seatpost saddle angle stuck? [BikedPotato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries. I hope that was helpful.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Cptnemo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As they’re Trek sourced, Trek LBS is your best bet. They should be able to check that they’re the right parts too.

Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 Seatpost saddle angle stuck? [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep, all sorted now :) Thanks!
Quote Reply
Gen 1 fork defect [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been having a terrible creaking coming from the front end and also a bit of play developing. Main headset nut is sufficiently tight and bearings are good. i noticed what I think is the crown of the fork separating. I assume this top piece is metal because that's what the stem bolts to, but I don't know how it is connected to the rest of the fork. Can someone please let me know if they have an obvious separation like seen in these pics? I'm pretty concerned that I'm just one hit away from my base bar completely detaching from the fork.

Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Apr 9, 18 10:30
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 for defect [TH3_FRB] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had what looked like a crack developing in the same spot. My fork was completely white so it was easy to see when small. I replaced the fork right away though. Didn't wait to see how far I could push my luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 for defect [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Warranty claim? Seems that's a pretty obvious defect. I'm going to shoot the pics to my local Trek dealer and see what they can do for me. At this point the problem might be no availability for Gen 1 parts.
Last edited by: TH3_FRB: Apr 6, 18 19:55
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The warranty on forks is only 2 years. It's considered a bontrager accessory. Mine was actually already a warranty replacement fork too. I ended up buying a used fork on eBay, one happened to pop up in my size at the right time.
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 for defect [Z28Diddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Accessory? That's some fucking bullshit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't disagree. Especially since it seems to be somewhat common and its not a part you can even purchase.

https://www.trekbikes.com/...trek_bikes_warranty/

LIFETIME
Frames for the lifetime of the original owner (except forks, the Session, Scratch, Slash, and Ticket model frames, and the swing arms on all full suspension bicycles)

2 years
Session (carbon) model frames and swing arms
RIDE+ motor, controller, & battery pack (or 600 charges, whichever comes first)

All original Bontrager forks, rocker links, parts and components (except consumables such as
tires and tubes)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sorry if this has already been covered, but I'm having a hard time finding a size chart that includes pad stack and reach on a 2015 Speed Concept 7.5..

Pad stack and reach are 555mm and 410mm to the back of the pad. Will I fit well on a size small? :)

Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TH3_FRB wrote:
Warranty claim? Seems that's a pretty obvious defect. I'm going to shoot the pics to my local Trek dealer and see what they can do for me. At this point the problem might be no availability for Gen 1 parts.

Surprisingly, most Gen1 parts can be sourced from Wisconsin. I ordered a 10x100 stem (Long-Low equivalent) about 12 months ago, took a while but my country's distributor got it in their next shipment. Same with a new base bar when the old one had a bolt corrode it in.

ZONE3 - We Last Longer
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Tri_Joeri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fitguide and other SC documents are here: https://drive.google.com/...GR4DqcWRteTM1SkFIQjQ

-Scott
Quote Reply
Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd like to increase the stack height of my pads one riser above what is possible with the largest allowed by the longest bolt that came with the bike supplied. I can see on the bolt that it is labelled M6 - does anyone know where I can order a couple of these in some longer sizes? I'm thinking maybe 8 and 9.5 cm. Do I need to specify the thread pitch as well? I have no idea how to find that out - but it seems like if the pitch isn't stated that one is implied?!

Cheers!
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [BikedPotato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes you can, but I’m not sure you should. That’s going to be quite a long cantilever when you’re finished.

If you do try this, you could look at the bottom end threaded part- It’s actually a recessed brake caliper nut. Look for a longer one if that would solve things.

The bolts were hardened steel, so make sure you’re getting something equivalent. There are different pitches for metric threads, but these are standard.

For the 5mm difference have you considered a thicker pad on one side? Also, since the cups rotate, some of it could be made up with that.

Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [BikedPotato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah if using stock pads, you can get almost 1cm of extra height by going to ceegee pads, and they are really comfy.
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just got my bike today:
Trek speed concept 2018, Size large(i'm 6.0/183cm) u5 vapor coat, HED jet black 9 + black disc, vittoria corsa speed open TLR 25mm, silca latex tubes, carbon seatpost/seat, PowerTap P1 pedals. Thank you all guys to help me to chose bike/wheels/tires/tubes.

Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is your stem not seated properly??? There looks like a significant gap between the fork and stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [tridude93] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tridude93 wrote:
Is your stem not seated properly??? There looks like a significant gap between the fork and stem.
I've noticed that yesterday, i was like "is it ok or no", here is a picture below, looks like it have to be fixed:

Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another thing which i've found yesterday and kinda frustrated me - the paint chip on bottom of toptube. I haven't seen it at bike shop. Emailed to local Trek store, looks like they have 1 year warranty on paint. This is u5 vapor coat which cost additional 1000$. Rly, Trek? :(

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I wouldn't ride it until that stem sits flush with the fork. If you are not comfortable with readjusting it just take it into a bike shop to get it sorted out.
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 - Extra long bolts for increased stack height? [tridude93] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking for a Gen2 50mm offset seat post... if anyone has one they could part with shoot me a PM.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ksavostin wrote:
Another thing which i've found yesterday and kinda frustrated me - the paint chip on bottom of toptube. I haven't seen it at bike shop. Emailed to local Trek store, looks like they have 1 year warranty on paint. This is u5 vapor coat which cost additional 1000$. Rly, Trek? :(

Should have been caught by LBS during assembly. Same thing with your stem. I’d be asking the bike shop some hard questions why those issues weren’t caught.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just ordered a new P1 SC with the Bontrager Aeolus xxx 6 tlr wheels and a quarq pm. I was thinking of going the wheel cover route for race day, but remembered there are some clearance issues with wheel covers on the speed concept. Are those clearance issues mostly from the duotrap sensor? If I'm just using that blank plug will I be able to run a wheel cover? I know this has been discussed but I'm on my phone and couldn't find what I am looking for.
Quote Reply

Prev Next