Quote | Reply
7th at IMFL the next day. 2nd in age group

https://www.athlinks.com/...1398/Entry/313711443

I wrote this, you should read it:
https://www.slowtwitch.com/...n_Swimming_6700.html
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [Racing2t2] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you forgot to mention the other triathlete sanction on 3/30 at bottom of your link

named julie.......
Last edited by: jeffp: Apr 2, 18 10:48
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
he was targeted... someone must have called the tip line

tallswimmer wrote:
7th at IMFL the next day. 2nd in age group

https://www.athlinks.com/...1398/Entry/313711443

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Racing2t2 wrote:
https://www.usada.org/nicholas-gough-receives-doping-sanction/

I bet he took a Kona spot too. He can now enjoy telling all of his friends why he is not going after all. But will Ironman roll it down?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As the guy who finished right behind him in the AG (1:43)..... I'm speechless right now.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this the Nick Gough of Patriot Multisport or another?

http://poststar.com/...df-033e44ec4c8b.html

Coach at TriForce Triathlon Team: https://www.triforceteam.com
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Both are out-of-competition. Good stuff.
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jeffp wrote:
you forgot to mention the other triathlete sanction on 3/30 at bottom of your link

named julie.......

I am not surprised by either one of these positives, but I view them both very differently. I "know" both of these athletes, not well at all, and I don't think I have ever actually met Nick. We had exchanged messages on FB a few times, and I had congratulated him on his race at IMFL. A few months later while browsing the end of year "most tested" list I had noticed both Nick and Julie on this list. I had messaged both of them as I found it quite odd for them to get tested as AG'ers, more so Julie as her results wouldn't raise any flags, in my opinion. Nick never messaged me back, and looking back at the message, it appears he is now off of FB......

Julie on the other hand messaged me right away, and started telling me about her "story" and what had happened. After many messages, and showing her many references and trying to "help" her through the process, more understanding the process and that she was in the wrong, she accepted what happened although did not agree with it. I have said this in other threads, I think in many cases there is a lack of education, and hers was one of those. Nicks on the other hand, far from it, someone racing at that level knows what they are doing.

Good on USADA for cracking down on this, but I believe that there should be a new "category" created. Anyone that tests positive, or wants to take any illegal/band substances can compete in that category, no Kona slots, no Worlds slots, no AG Nats, but they can still "race". Not sure what is holding up something like this, many people (especially the 'older' crowd) are wanting to continue to enjoy the sport and still enjoy the "other" benefits of life.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Partnered with: Zoot Sports | Precision Fuel &Hydration | ISM
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
As the guy who finished right behind him in the AG (1:43)..... I'm speechless right now.

That sucks....I know people get screwed over when others cheat, but sucks when you put a name to a face (or at least an ST account).

Question....would you go? The precedent was set with Julie Miller.

Maurice
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
contact WTC... he took a slot and paid for it. Did you not get one?

stevej wrote:

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [@BW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
@BW_Tri wrote:
I believe that there should be a new "category" created. Anyone that tests positive, or wants to take any illegal/band substances can compete in that category, no Kona slots, no Worlds slots, no AG Nats, but they can still "race". Not sure what is holding up something like this, many people (especially the 'older' crowd) are wanting to continue to enjoy the sport and still enjoy the "other" benefits of life.

Yeah,a "recreational athlete" category, with no Kona/World Slots, and no awards (overall, age group, or "recreational athlete" category ranking) other than a finisher medal. You don't say "drugs are legal" in this group, but you let it be known that testing resources will be focused on the pro and "competitive age group" categories.

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [asellerg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats him...

asellerg wrote:
Is this the Nick Gough of Patriot Multisport or another?

http://poststar.com/...df-033e44ec4c8b.html

Inside The Big Ring: Podcast & Coaching

Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [mauricemaher] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was in IMFL and a dude with "Gough" printed on the back of his trisuit was drafting like this was a palaton in the tour. I am assuming it is the same guy.
In a race like this you sometimes get too close - I am guilty of passing a very slow group and not stepping on it - I got a penalty and its totally my fault. But what this dude was doing was totally different; he was hopping from one wheel to the next, staying a foot behind, very deliberate drafting.
I remember how pissed off it made me, he wasn't even trying to hide it with his name printed on his butt like that. I thought about posting it here, then figured it is not worth it.
It is not surprising that someone thinks it is ok to suck wheel like that is also a doper. Happy they nailed this a$$hole, hope the Kona spot goes to the next person in line that really deserve it
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [tallswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This makes me laugh. Doping your way to 7th place in one of the most poorly paying sports in the world. What a waste of money.

Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [M----n] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This was an age grouper in an ag-only race...
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Steve got a slot, but just barely. A slot rolled from the older age group that didn't have a finisher. Joe Adriaens should be emailing WTC if he hasn't heard from them already.

ericMPro wrote:
contact WTC... he took a slot and paid for it. Did you not get one?

stevej wrote:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For Julie Rosiek, they only gave her a 2 year suspension - I guess that was done under the "prompt admission" exception?

It seems there have been a lot of doping bans in recent months of AG triathletes that have not been discussed on here:

Bill Beyer was dinged in January for testosterone and had apparently been using for 8 years. 2 year ban, I suppose also because he admitted it.

Jenna Blandford was caught in possession and use of hgH, Oxandralone and testosterone. 4 year ban. Caught in late November.

Lisa Roberts - at doping control declared use of a banned substance vilanterol trifenatate (Breo inhaler) prior to the test. Then she tested positive for it. She got a public warning and previous results vacated.

That's just the last 5 months. The number of mixed martial arts positive tests is staggering. https://www.usada.org/...g/results/sanctions/

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, assuming prompt admission as she was clueless to what she was taking was banned. So she shot them straight and was open with them the whole time, at least from my understanding and exchanges with her. She is still "competing" but at "non-sanctioned" events, such as charity rides etc. She did a lot of research and gave USADA a lot of feedback on changes that should be made, similar to what I had stated above about a "non-competitive / busted dopers / non TUE approved athletes Category".

Was somewhat surprised they let Lisa walk with a public warning, I thought they may have done the same for Julie, but it is what it is.

-Brad Williams
Website | Twitter: @BW_Tri |Instagram: @BW_Tri | Strava | Co-Founder & Coach at: KIS Coaching
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [RowToTri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One of the mitigating factors that has been across a lot of these: not just prompt admittance, but proof of taking the substance under the supervision of a physician, and the levels within the system are indicative of clinical use.

The Lisa Roberts one sticks out relative to the others - especially given the consistency with which the proverbial book has been thrown at other athletes who have lacked TUEs.

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@BW_Tri wrote:
A few months later while browsing the end of year "most tested" list I had noticed both Nick and Julie on this list. I had messaged both of them as I found it quite odd for them to get tested as AG'ers, more so Julie as her results wouldn't raise any flags, in my opinion.
As Eric mentioned above, this surely suggests others had reported them, knowing they were on something. But damn, how dumb do you have to be to know you're on a "most tested" list and keep on doing it.
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [rrheisler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I missed it, but I do not see anywhere in the WADA code that allows for a reduction of the period of ineligibility if the substance was prescribed by a physician for clinical use.

There is a no-fault clause. That can be broadly interpreted, but in general, since one is supposed to be aware of the rules, simple ignorance or clinical use qualifying under this rule would be a tough thing to argue in most situations.

-------------
Ed O'Malley
www.VeloVetta.com
Founder of VeloVetta Cycling Shoes
Instagram • Facebook
Last edited by: RowToTri: Apr 2, 18 13:02
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [mbwallis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mbwallis wrote:
@BW_Tri wrote:
A few months later while browsing the end of year "most tested" list I had noticed both Nick and Julie on this list. I had messaged both of them as I found it quite odd for them to get tested as AG'ers, more so Julie as her results wouldn't raise any flags, in my opinion.

As Eric mentioned above, this surely suggests others had reported them, knowing they were on something. But damn, how dumb do you have to be to know you're on a "most tested" list and keep on doing it.

Sorry, "most tested" list as in USADA shows who was tested an how many times, they were both only tested 1 time. You can view it here: https://www.usada.org/...thlete-test-history/

-Brad Williams
Quote Reply
Re: US Athlete tests Positive [MadTownTRI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, that's even more stupid.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:

Sorry to hear this again. I was as you are now in Texas 2016. Right behind the last slot, one taken by a doper.

The case was made public just in Kona, and I was there because my wife competed. I tried to contact them there but they were very "busy".

I was not correctly answered by IM nor by IM Anti Doping delegate after the many claims I did (no answer at all). Only one elusive answer when questioned by spanish ADA long time later at home. I would have needed the support of strongest USADA with rights over IM. I was completely ignored.

IM is not really interested in clean sport.
Quote Reply

Prev Next