Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Roll Call: Wildflower 2018
Quote | Reply
Just saw this beauty on Facebook, courtesy of Lake San Antonio Resort, dated March 23, 2018. Look at all that beautiful water. Many of us ran under all that a couple years ago....

Who's in for 2018? 39 days until race day.

What's your distance?
Camping, Glamping, Hoteling, or local?
Which is worse? Nasty Grade or the run?

Me: 70.3, local, give me Nasty Grade any day... the run is going to be a bitch (especially since I've been on the injury rolls and only have 39 days to train for the run).

Anybody going out for a pre-race ride? I'm probably riding Easter Sunday. Lake will be open!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Wildflower 2018 [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In, long course for the third time

Camping Redondo Vista

Nasty Grade ain't bad, it's the stuff after the right turn that always killed me. But the run is worse :) in a good way

Odds on Mile 4 run station returning to its former glory?

39 days? fuck
Last edited by: ChrisM: Mar 27, 18 12:05
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Wildflower 2018 [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ChrisM wrote:
Odds on Mile 4 run station returning to its former glory?

Well, based the party down the street last weekend (it was finals week last week) every indication is that the current crop of Poly kids have it in them to "step it up."

ChrisM wrote:
39 days? fuck

Yeah. What ChrisM said...

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m in for the second time at the 70.3. Loved it when I was there last time. The event and atmosphere were awesome, so I’m glad I get to return. That picture has a lot more green than the last time I was there.

Staying at a hotel in Paso Robles. The run is definitely worse than nasty grade.

Quote | Reply
I'm in for the long course. It'll be my first time, I'm really looking forward to it. Plan on 'camping' in a UHaul van, never done it, but seemed like a good idea since I'm flying in for the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the long course. First time at Wildflower but it's been on my list for many years. Camping and hoping for a fun race. May 4 is my birthday, so I used that excuse to get the wife to let me out of the house for the race!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great to see the lake full again and WF back on so many race calendars. One of my favs and I’ve done it 6 or 7 times. I’ll be racing LC as a relay this year...I’m doing the swim and bike.

Camping with a crew of about 80 from my club, TRIBE So Cal.

Can’t wait!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In.
House no camping
Pete

2017 Cervelo P2
2017 Cervelo S2
itraininla.com
#itraininla
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In! Coming all the way from PA to race the half along with a few others.

With all that water, I'm making an assumption that it will be back to the "regular" course, and the swim start/finish will be actually near the transition area? I was at Wildflower as a spectator a few years ago with the long T1 run so I'm not actually sure where the regular swim was supposed to be anyways.

Also, since we have Savageman here as our local race of horrors, I'm predicting Nasty Grade to be cake in comparison and the run to be a train wreck. Let the fun begin!

http://trainingwheelsrequired.wordpress.com
@KellyNCollier
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
70.3 Here, rented a RV w/ a couple of buddies. Never done this race before. Looking forward to it!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
3 of us doing Long Course. Staying in Cayucos and day tripping over.
They both hurt.....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:
Just saw this beauty on Facebook, courtesy of Lake San Antonio Resort, dated March 23, 2018. Look at all that beautiful water. Many of us ran under all that a couple years ago....

What's your distance?

Me: 70.3, local, give me Nasty Grade any day... the run is going to be a bitch (especially since I've been on the injury rolls and only have 39 days to train for the run).

Anybody going out for a pre-race ride? I'm probably riding Easter Sunday. Lake will be open!

I’m in. Monty and I will be expoing all the trisports inventory we don’t sell between now and then, and I’ll be doing the mtb tri.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Wildflower 2018 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I’m racing long course. I think it’s my 5th wildflower long course. Doesn’t get much better; if done right and we have water !

@wildflower RAce director; get better food at the end. It sucks and has for the last 10yrs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for my 23rd Long Course WF!!! Coming out from New Jersey!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SLOgoing wrote:

What's your distance?

You guys are killing me with all this Wildflower and St. Croix talk on St, but really awesome that it's back on....for 15 years I made one of these races my spring ritual...last round at Wildflower was May 2015. We had a good old fashioned ST smackdown in the M50-54 with the top podium going to posters from around here! Now that I think about it, Wildflower 2015, with the "lake bed run" was the last time I have been on a podium in anything in my life!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in for Long Course. First time for there me and so glad to see water again. Thought I missed the chance to race this venue. Camping with a group. Come out and see my buddy's expo and support a new, small grass roots company, Speed Hound. He is sponsoring the swim.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
After having done the long course a couple dozen times, I'm now relegated to the shorter races, and I will be in the off road triathlon to defend my title!! Should I start riding a bike soon, or is it too early( or late!)..

Come see Dan and I at the expo, we are going to have a lotta of stuff really cheap there to unload. Or just come by and say howdy...
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Wildflower 2018 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
SLOgoing wrote:

What's your distance?

You guys are killing me with all this Wildflower and St. Croix talk on St, but really awesome that it's back on....for 15 years I made one of these races my spring ritual...last round at Wildflower was May 2015. We had a good old fashioned ST smackdown in the M50-54 with the top podium going to posters from around here! Now that I think about it, Wildflower 2015, with the "lake bed run" was the last time I have been on a podium in anything in my life!!!!

Oh, I wonder who won that smackdown?

Modesty prevents me. But, someone got their revenge at IMLT (RIP)

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Last edited by: manofthewoods: Mar 30, 18 10:50
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Wildflower 2018 [manofthewoods] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
manofthewoods wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
SLOgoing wrote:

What's your distance?

Let's be clear...."the other guy" won the Wildflower + IM Tahoe Stage Race by A LOT.

Are you going back to Wildflower to defend. I am embarking on a new sporting life as an IM and butterfly swimmer. So far, my results are basically sweeping last place in my age group at the Ontario Championships. I am thinking about going to Nationals in a month so that someone can come in last place and spare the guy who would otherwise hold that position!!!!

I'm also going in for a surgery consult next Friday with the orthopedic surgeon. If she can do a nerve decompression, I think I can get back to 99%....so not saying "never again" to another Wildflower smackdown as stupid as my wife would say that is!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Wildflower 2018 [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
devashish_paul wrote:
manofthewoods wrote:
devashish_paul wrote:
SLOgoing wrote:

What's your distance?

Let's be clear...."the other guy" won the Wildflower + IM Tahoe Stage Race by A LOT.

Are you going back to Wildflower to defend. I am embarking on a new sporting life as an IM and butterfly swimmer. So far, my results are basically sweeping last place in my age group at the Ontario Championships. I am thinking about going to Nationals in a month so that someone can come in last place and spare the guy who would otherwise hold that position!!!!

I'm also going in for a surgery consult next Friday with the orthopedic surgeon. If she can do a nerve decompression, I think I can get back to 99%....so not saying "never again" to another Wildflower smackdown as stupid as my wife would say that is!!!!

I'm going back, but not defending; '16 I kinda sucked. Good luck on the surgery consult. BTW, I'm coming up on 1 year anniversary from my artificial disc that I had put in between C6-C7. Without it I'd have a useless left arm. Got it back immediately post surgery (a miracle basically) ye ha! fingers crossed for ya - Dev.

I saw this on a white board in a window box at my daughters middle school...
List of what life owes you:
1. __________
2. __________
3. __________
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Wildflower 2018 [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So who are all these thousands of peoples doing Wildflower? Who are they? I’m so excited about it coming back I just can’t focus on stuff like “work.”

A lot of folks riding the course over the weekend... good to see so many bikes on Jolon Rd.

More rain coming on Friday and Saturday. Yes!!!!

See you at the festival.

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking forward to going to WF this year, though as an exhibitor in the expo area. I'm actually in need of help in the booth - anyone have friends/families already going who would be willing to work for a few hours on Friday or Saturday? Happy to pay fairly for their time or in exchange for camping space, race registration for Sunday's olympic or sprint, etc. If you know any triathletes (ideally or someone who appreciates the sport) who would be interested in working the booth, make some extra money for gear, please get in touch with me sam@thespeedhound.com.

Good luck everyone and have fun!
Thanks!

Sam
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in for the long course. Will be camping, and yep sleeping on the ground :-)

I am SOOOO not ready for this, but will give it my best on the day. Glad to have done the split run course, but even happier that the 'normal' course is back! Nasty grade or the run??? uh yeah ... both!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Doing the Long course, first time racing here. Really just doing it for shits and giggles, have no intentions on PR'ing or anything. Is this a decent race/course to use your road bike? Kind of leaning that way as opposed to taking my trip bike out there.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Tough Times Don't Last, Tough People Do.
Quote Reply
Re: Roll Call: Wildflower 2018 [TriSpencer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriSpencer wrote:
Doing the Long course, first time racing here. Really just doing it for shits and giggles, have no intentions on PR'ing or anything. Is this a decent race/course to use your road bike? Kind of leaning that way as opposed to taking my trip bike out there.

Tri bike. There is a climb and some rollers getting out of the park, but the majority of the course is a net downhill on the backside. Then you climb nasty grade and there’s a huge downhill then rollers. Definitely a tri bike course
Quote Reply

Prev Next