Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Triathlon Fantasy Game 2018
Quote | Reply
My wife and I have been doing this for awhile because we both like following the circuit - I decided to put it up on a blog for 2018 so it's a bit easier to keep track of than our old excel spreadsheet.

If anyone else wants to play - feel free to - it takes like a minute max to fill in who you like and there is no sign-up or anything. Just either post it in the comments for that race or go to the 'contact me' page and send me your picks. I'll update the standings after each race.

Here's the site: trifantasy.wordpress.com

There's 2 races we got for this weekend so make sure to get picks in soon!

Also - don't hate if some of the info isn't perfect yet for the racers...I was just trying to throw something together before this weekend. Let me know if you see anything that needs a major correction.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Fantasy Game 2018 [jhitch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since a LOT of you went to the TriFantasy site...I thought I'd give the scoring updates from this weekend's races (Wanaka + Geelong 70.3).

For the Feb. 2018 Competition the final tally was: https://trifantasy.wordpress.com/...sy-season-standings/
  • Jason H - 12 points
  • Jenny B - 4 points

Even though a lot of you surfed around on the site, no one else actually made picks. It only takes literally 1 minute to make picks!!! You can get to the site here:

https://trifantasy.wordpress.com/

I'll reply back on this thread when it gets closer, but the March competition will kick off the first weekend of the month with Ironman New Zealand and WTS Abu Dhabi. WTS Abu Dhabi is going to have a packed field (Mola, Murray, the Brownlees, Vincent Luis, Schoeman, Birtwhistle, etc.) for men and (Gentle, Duffy, Routier, Holland, Stanford, Learmonth, Hewitt, Kasper, Zafaeres, etc).women. Ironman NZ is shaping up well too with Currie, Cam Brown, Bozzone, Viennot, Dougal Allan, McNiece, Cal Millward and more for the guys and McCauley, Siddall leading the women.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Newest event is live to start making picks!

2018 WTS Abu Dhabi - Men's Race

This is a great time to get involved in TriFantasy - fantasy standings will reset for the month of March - and this is also the first WTS event of the year! Expect to see more races go live this week to make picks for the Women's Race and Ironman New Zealand.

Remember - to make picks - just post it in the comments of the website page...I'll take care of the rest.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just put up the other 2 races for the weekend! Here they are:

WTS Abu Dhabi - Women's Race

Ironman New Zealand - Men's Race

Should be a really fun weekend for pro racing! Make sure to get your picks in on time (WTS by noon Thur EST and Ironman NZ by noon Fri EST).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for setting this up - especially now that TriathlonLive has abandoned the fans at the last minute with their tri race predictions game.

My picks for the women's in Abu:

Duffy
Zafares
Stanford
Holland
Learmonth

For the men:

Birtwhistle
Mola
Blumenfelt
Murray
J. Brownlee

Advocating for research & treatment for Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME).
http://www.meaction.net/about/what-is-me/

"Suck it up, Buttercup"
(me, to myself, every day)
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Fantasy Game 2018 [Scotttriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Got it.

One thing for those making picks - I'll post the scores, but maybe a day late...I usually watch them while I'm doing a longer trainer ride on the weekend but since the races are Friday for WTS...I won't watch them until Sat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great stuff. Am in.
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Fantasy Game 2018 [Baggie bird_rj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow! Those were some crazy races this weekend....especially the ladies WTS race (with Duffy, Zaferes, Brown, Cook, etc. all crashing out).

Anyway - here are the updated Fantasy Standings - As of now - Jenny B is leading for March w/ 7 points!

This upcoming weekend is Ironman 70.3 Bariloche, the men's field is weak but the women's side is pretty strong led by Sarah Piampiano and Alicia Kaye. I'll work to get a fantasy pick page up for it sometime in the next day and update here when it's up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This weekend's race is up to make picks!

Ironman 70.3 Bariloche Women's Race - TriFantasy

Led by female racers Sarah Piampiano, Alicia Kaye, and former ITU racer Pam Oliveira among others- Make sure to make picks before the race starts Sunday morning :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Also - since Sarah Piampiano is now withdrawing (per her Twitter a couple hours ago) - it's just going to be pick the top 2 lady finishers...I don't think this race should be worth too many points since the race field is now suddenly a lot less deep.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a reminder - if you wanna get involved; need to get your picks in for Ironman 70.3 Bariloche by tomorrow night (EST)!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No Mooloolaba World Cup Prognostication? some big horses in that race...
Last edited by: Trauma: Mar 9, 18 9:29
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Fantasy Game 2018 [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ehh... i was just gonna do the WTS races for ITU (Commonwealth Games notwithstanding).

You can never really tell if the top dogs are using World Cup races as a hard training session or showing up to win....whereas you can assume everyone is bringing their A game to the WTS. The other piece is that start lists are always so top heavy in World Cup races (Murray, a couple Aussies and Hernandez then a bunch of young untested kids). Guessing the podium or top 5 with that start list doesn't give a lot of variety.

I can start adding in the World Cup races next round (New Plymouth on 3/25) though if people want? Just a bit last minute for me w/ Mooloolaba.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fair enough... The WCs tend to have a few of the big dogs, and then a lot of the up & comers going for a result but you're right, they do tend to be top heavy... But Mooloolaba and New Plymouth stand to have pretty stacked fields, since many of the stars from Commonwealth countries are already Down Under ahead of the games to train/acclimatize...
Quote Reply
Re: Triathlon Fantasy Game 2018 [Trauma] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Scores are up from this weekend! Congrats to Adame - scored all possible points by naming the top 2 female finishers in Bariloche in order!

Expect to see this weekend's races posted sometime in the next day or so. We have both 70.3 Campeche (Bozzone, Hanson, Wurtele, Weiss, etc. for the men and Wurtele, Corin, Naeth, etc. for the women), and 70.3 Taiwan (T. Van Berkel, Potts, Beals, etc for the men).

I'll post an update here once they're live.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This Weekend's Picks Are Up!

Ironman 70.3 Campeche

Ironman 70.3 Taiwan

Campeche is a deeper field (Bozzone, Hanson, Wurteles, Weiss, Wurf, Corbin, Brandon) so picks are for the men's and women's podium.

Taiwan has a shallower field (Potts, T. Van Berkel, Beals, Dennis, Jerzyk) especially for the ladies so picks are for the men's podium and the women's winner.

Races are Sunday, so picks in by Saturday afternoon (EST) please. Thanks everyone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a reminder that picks are needed by Saturday afternoon. It looks like most ppl who've been playing the last few weeks are back - but if you want to try for a first time, it's super easy!

Also - if you're not super familiar with the pro fields - check out Emily Cocks and Zach Miller on the triathlon preview show podcast - they just released an overview of this weekend's races

Triathlon Preview Show
Last edited by: jhitch: Mar 15, 18 20:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've posted scores for this weekend's 70.3 Taiwan and 70.3 Campeche. Adame and Nick C. had really strong weeks again and have pulled into 1st and 2nd overall for the month. Here are the standings:

Fantasy Standings

I'll get this upcoming weekend's race online in the next day or 2. It's 70.3 Davao headlined on the men's side w/ Tim Reed, Mauricio Mendez, T. Van Berkel, Crowie, Brent McMahon; and on the ladies wit Eberhardt, Duke, Bevilaqua.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This weekend's race is live to make picks! See my link below - looking for the top 3 male and top 2 female finishers. There are some pretty good names racing this weekend. Make sure to get picks in my 3/24 in the afternoon.

Ironman 70.3 Davao Fantasy Picks

This will be the last race for the March competition - and with 20+ points up for grabs and only 5 points separating 1st from 3rd...it'll be interesting to see who ends up winning the month.

April is going to be a big month - Commonwealth Games and Ironman just released the start lists for 70.3 Oceanside and 70.3 Texas - tons of big names!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just a reminder...need to get picks in for 70.3 Davao in the next 24 hours!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It took a couple days longer than I would have liked but Davao 70.3 results are up. Jason won the race with 8 points. The overall March winner was 'Adame' with 24 points!!

Now we're going to be starting April so a great time to get started if anyone new wants to...a bunch of big races this upcoming month including

• 70.3 Oceanside in 2 weeks - huge startlist with Lionel, Frodeno, Timbo Reed, Sam Appleton, Holly Lawrence, Heather Jackson, Jeanni Seymour, Sarah True
  • 70.3 Texas in 2 weeks - another huge startlist - Kienle, TO, Starykowicz, Ben Kanute, Rinny, Mel Hauschildt, Helle Frederiksen
  • Ironman African and North American Championships
  • The Commonwealth Games
  • WTS Bermuda
  • St. Anthony's Tri
  • Challenge Gran Canaria - Ali Brownlee, Ryf, Lucy Charles
  • A bunch of other Challenge Races (haven't found starting lists yet)

If you aren't familiar with the site - take a look around here. I'll post a reminder for picks once I put the first race up live.
Last edited by: jhitch: Mar 27, 18 9:58
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pages are up for the Commonwealth Games! Races are during the day in Australia on Thursday so make sure picks are in by 8 pm on Wednesday EST. Picks are for the podium in each, and it is a Sprint distance race. Remember that this is the first race for April - so get started now if you haven't before to try and win the month's ranking!

Here they are:

Commonwealth Games Men's Race

Commonwealth Games Women's Race

Look out for this weekend's 70.3 Oceanside and Texas in the next day or 2 - I'll post when they are up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oceanside 70.3 is live to make picks! The men's and women's side are both super deep, so we're picking the Top 5 for both races.

Make Picks Here!!!

The race is Saturday morning, so need picks in by 11:59 PM on Friday EST. Good luck!

Also - I've tried to keep an eye on racers' social media in case they might be a DNS...

Sarah Piampiano is out and off the start list
Sam Appleton is out from his Instagram but still listed
Jesse Thomas is questionable from his Instagram due to an ab strain

Keep an eye out tomorrow for 70.3 Texas (aka the race of the uber bikers...Kienle vs. Starykowicz vs. Weiss vs. Kanute)
Last edited by: jhitch: Apr 3, 18 15:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Finally...70.3 Texas is up and ready to make picks. Strong fields for both the men and women...and looking at the men's field - it'll be interesting to see who (if anyone) can hang on with Sebi, Starky, Kanute, and Weiss on the bike.

Pick the Top 5 Men and Top 5 Women - need picks by Saturday night EST...race starts Sunday morning!

Make Picks Here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Scores are up for the Commonwealth Games, 70.3 Oceanside, and 70.3 Texas. Overall...there were some really good picks; especially for the 70.3 races. Jenny B kinda dominated fantasy this weekend and is now 1st for the month, 1st for Long Distance, and 1st for 2018 overall. Also - Nick C. with 21 points in Oceanside....I think that's the highest point total anyone's gotten in a single race this year.

Trifantasy Scores

I'll update the individual racers profiles over the next day or 2.

This weekend we have 70.3 Liuzhou and the Ironman African Championships. I'll try to get them up ASAP.

Start List Highlights:

Liuzhou - Crowie, A. Brownlee (who knows if he shows after his crap showing at the CGs, Metzler, Bevilaqua, Withrow, Jerzyk, Piampiano)

African Championships - Hoffman, Amberger, Cunnama, Wurf, Llanos, Maelert, Schildknect, Clavel, Cheetham, L. Charles, Pallant, Corbin, Vesterby
Last edited by: jhitch: Apr 8, 18 21:19
Quote Reply

Prev Next