Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More laps around a 3/8" mile oval race track than you can possibly imagine. I used to live about 2 blocks away and had a contact in the facilities team that would allow me to test any time it wasn't being used for something else. That was like 2005.

I don't know if I have replicated that test with Chung's VE method in Golden Cheetah. I have re-run most of my experiments that way.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just to clear, by “bottle out front,” do you mean the profile aeria configuration, or a horizontal BTA setup (as opposed to a BTA angled upwards on sloping extensions)?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I mean if your extensions are steep (like 25%) in a mantis position, it's faster to put the BTA mount and bottle in front of the extensions rather than "on top". It blocks the same amount of air either way, but putting it out front essentially blends bottle to extensions to arms as a pretty nice leading edge.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for clarifying. Kinda the TJ config, I guess.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, exactly.

Jesse Thomas is doing it now as well. His isn't the cleanest setup, but he's done some clever things.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
robegan99 wrote:

I'm also curious if anyone has had success using this on a Felt IAxx, particularly with a TriRig Omega brake.

The stem fits, but I'm not liking the look of the clearance for the bottle with the nosecone.

Hi Dave

In my case, the hole through which you are running the front brake cable in that picture is partially obstructed by the head tube.

I suspect it will be OK if I was just putting the cable through without the black cable housing. What is the proper way to cable from the brake lever to this hole (with the thread) and throught the hole. Do I use a "noodle" of some kind ?

Any ideas ?

thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can any of the owners of the hydration system chime in with the rough dimensions of it mounted on the stem. Would like to see if there would be a similar issue as the dimond owners seem to be having with the 70mm stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [zinny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zinny wrote:
Can any of the owners of the hydration system chime in with the rough dimensions of it mounted on the stem. Would like to see if there would be a similar issue as the dimond owners seem to be having with the 70mm stem.

This issue with the Dimond is the brake cover. How many bikes have brake covers like the Dimond? As opposed to those with a much smaller profile that are somehow more integrated into the frame/fork like the Trek SC, Cervelo P5, Felt IA, Canyon Speedmax CF SLX?

I don't think the 70mm stem Aeria stem + HSF system would be an issue on a bike without a brake cover or with one that's part of the frame/fork. I haven't studied that though so take that with a grain of salt.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone who has this complete set up and is interested in aero testing it, let me know. Good way to get some free testing either here or in Colorado Springs where I'll be regularly testing very soon.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Anyone who has this complete set up and is interested in aero testing it, let me know. Good way to get some free testing either here or in Colorado Springs where I'll be regularly testing very soon.

I'm game provided you fly me out there. :-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't need to test it that badly! :-)

By "here" I meant L.A. for those who don't know.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on this vs a well set up FC 35? I have an IA4, so, no luck in switching the aerobar.

Insta: Trihennessy - Out Rival Racing Elite Team
- Roka - WattieInk - NormaTec - QUINTANA ROO - Profile Design - Pioneer - Gatorade Endurance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Don't need to test it that badly! :-)

By "here" I meant L.A. for those who don't know.

Your loss. I'm a riot to be around. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I believe it!

We should be able to get this test done on a few weeks and I'll report back.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, would anyone happen to know if I need to install the steertube compression plug to use the aeria ultimate stem? I am trying to install the stem but the compression plug will not fit inside the fork.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [OOquanta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
OOquanta wrote:
Hello, would anyone happen to know if I need to install the steertube compression plug to use the aeria ultimate stem? I am trying to install the stem but the compression plug will not fit inside the fork.

Mine didn’t fit either. I just used whatever plug I already had in there. Downside is you can’t use the stem cap cover as it bolts into the Aeria plug.

Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [OOquanta] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You don't have to use that plug. It's designed to fit with the top cap, so you'll just have to use a compression plug that works and a normal round top cap.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if they sent out a batch of wrong sized plugs. I have a 1 1/8" inch steerer and it didn't come close to fitting. My guess is the plug that came with the Aeria Ultimate stem was closer to 1 1/4". I even brought it to my LBS to get a second opinion that I wasn't retarded.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm visiting PD USA at the moment so shall endeavour to check this tomorrow
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
I'm visiting PD USA at the moment so shall endeavour to check this tomorrow

Thanks! Let me know. I'd kind of like having the right sized plug.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know if there's a quarter turn garmin mount available for this or does it just come with the tube thingy?

http://www.clperformancetraining.com
http://www.pillasport.ca
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [al-gorithm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mount was not included
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [al-gorithm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is no dedicated garmin mount yet. Just the tube thingy.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is that about 35-40mm of risers under the armpads?

Curious what people think about the aero benefit of the bottle with more separation between bar and pads (like with pads pedestalled ~55mm)? (as opposed to just going with a standard BTA bottle set up)
Last edited by: dand: Apr 25, 18 6:56
Quote Reply

Prev Next