Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

New TT Frameset question
Quote | Reply
Hi - Please forgive uninformed questions.

I have a 2016 Cannondale Slice Dura Ace/DI2.

My initial fitting was off for whatever reason (badly) and I have a new fitter who has sorted me out well on my road bike. Long story short my frame is too small. On the TT bike.

I would like advice on a new TT frameset so I can utilize the parts on the 2016 Slice to the greatest extent possible. I live in Hong Kong so the ability to demo is very low.

The road bike I purchased is a Cannondanle Supersix Evo Hi Mod team disc - I love it. So some questions:

1) What TT frameset would you recommend? (That is easy/quick to procure) - Cannondale will take months per the LBS so they are out

2) Can I swap wheels between the road bike and the TT bike? I was thinking in my uninformed brain that this is possible. If so do I need a frameset that is designed for disc brakes on the TT bike or are frames brake agnostic?

The TT bike is for olympic and Ironman 70.3 (maybe eventually 140.6).

I am less concerned about price than efficiency in getting going - I have been waiting on a replacement from Cannondale for awhile and gave up - it has set me back time wise. I need to get the TT bike relatively expeditiously so I can practice Aero for a 70.3 I am doing

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: New TT Frameset question [Jacksyee] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm only aware of one aero frame in production that's brake agnostic (it's made by a German company, Rose). So, to answer your question, if you want to be able to swap wheels between your road bike and TT bike you'll need to get a disc brake TT bike.

The Di2 components will swap over to any frame pretty easily. The only question, in my mind, is the crank. Do you know what crank you have by chance? That would help narrow down your frame selection.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2, you would need a disc frameset set up for the same rotors as your road bike (likely 160f,140r but check first)

1. Not many disc framesets on the market right now, there are a number on the way but that doesn't help you. Quintana Roo PR6, Parlee TTiR-disc, Diamondback Andean, Cervelo P5x are the only options that spring to mind.
Quote Reply
Re: New TT Frameset question [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The crankset was cannondale hollowgram si sl2

If i cant get a disc compliant aero fram then perhaps some non diac recs?
Quote Reply
Re: New TT Frameset question [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks @cyclenutz

Any recommendations for those framesets?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'd go the PR6 - best size range, good aero, easy to adjust, good carrying capacity and will fit your cranks
Quote Reply
Re: New TT Frameset question [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Many thanks will look into it and report back
Quote Reply