Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Denizens of theme parks
Quote | Reply
After walking through or standing in theme parks (Disney, Universal & Sea World) and ride lines for the last three days, it makes me wonder if the herd might need to be thinned a bit.

In a funny twist we are winding our way through the herd and Mrs Endless H2O says to me "TAO" (her acronym for "Tits Are Out").
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of theme parks [EndlessH2O] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Down there is just absolute worst when it comes to people. Everyone expects you to move for them as they’re walking through the park. I’ve stopped moving, they don’t have a clue what to do since they were expecting you to move.

I also love at those where the parents are so intent on getting their money’s worth for the day that they’ll drag there gets around for 14 hours until everyone is miserable just to make sure they spent the whole day there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm always amazed at the outrageous amount of adults on electric scooters. Fat is not a disability.
The king-sized gargantuan strollers are a bit much, too.
I still enjoy Disney, though. You just have to have the "right" frame of mind going in.

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of theme parks [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
we just planned a 3 day at Universal / Harry Potter in May. $4,000 (flight+hotel+tickets+ some food) for the 4 of us. Why isn't the park empty?
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of theme parks [TriHard Indiana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TriHard Indiana wrote:
I'm always amazed at the outrageous amount of adults on electric scooters. Fat is not a disability.
The king-sized gargantuan strollers are a bit much, too.
I still enjoy Disney, though. You just have to have the "right" frame of mind going in.

Frame of mind and right time of year... I don’t know why people go over New Years and have to wait 3 hours for a ride. I like space mountain but I don’t like it that much.

We tried early sept last year, great for number of people but we nearly melted with the humidity. That heat/humidity can make anyone hate a theme park.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always feel bad for the workers who are college students working a semester for internship credits and Disney assigns them to working at a fast food register or some other poor job.
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of theme parks [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ajthomas wrote:
we just planned a 3 day at Universal / Harry Potter in May. $4,000 (flight+hotel+tickets+ some food) for the 4 of us. Why isn't the park empty?

Good lord. 3 of us went to France, Spain, Swizerland and Germany for 3 weeks for $5000. We did stay away from tourist traps though.
Quote Reply
Re: Denizens of theme parks [knewbike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah it is crazy. Though the cost per day gets skewed when the trip is just 3 days because the flight is a fixed cost.

Taking the flight out: I think we are at $828 / day or $207 per person. Again, why isn't the park empty!
Quote Reply