Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad
Quote | Reply
If you have TrainerRoad's workout builder, you can copy the original Sufferfest workouts and create your own custom workout for each one. I did this and it worked just fine with the videos still and synced up just fine with them.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [gantaliano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What? The workouts for the videos I purchased are going away? Where did you see this horrific news?
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [prefersdirt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TrainerRoad sent an email announcement for it yesterday. Sufferfest also announced that they are asking TrainerRoad do this because of the proprietary conflict.

But if you act quickly, you can copy the original workout in workout builder and create your own custom copy.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [gantaliano] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
strange, I did not get a TR email. (Been with them since beta). Will do the copies tonight. Thanks for the heads up!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tip.

What do you mean by “copy”? Duplicate from the workout library?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Correct. You can look it up in the TR library and make your own copy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just tried, looks like they are gone.

Any chance you can share your custom workouts through the Slowtwitch TR Team?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used to have a copy of 2016 TrainerRoad with all the old workout programs. The sufferfest is now officially gone from that too.

I am really unhappy with this decision by TR.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, they are gone. Except for the ones that I have done already. Those come up in the TR app workout search. But cannot find them in the workout creator.

NOT happy. Have all the videos David sold until he went app. Did not get the email and am NOT happy.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ghost234 wrote:
I used to have a copy of 2016 TrainerRoad with all the old workout programs. The sufferfest is now officially gone from that too.

I am really unhappy with this decision by TR.

Woah, this is not our decision.

The Sufferfest CEO emailed me directly and asked me to remove all Sufferfest workouts and mentions of the Sufferfest workouts that day. We did it.

And to be fair to us, The Sufferfest used to give us advanced copies of videos to put the workouts in our library. We we're given implicit approval to have the workouts in our library.

And as soon as they asked to remove them, we did.

CEO at TrainerRoad
Co-host of the Ask a Cycling Coach Podcast
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [Ghost234] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To be fair I don’t think TR could do much here. This is sufferfests work.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
meh. the videos just get in the way of my suffering.

All I need is a pitch black room and blue graphs to follow.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [prefersdirt] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
prefersdirt wrote:
Yep, they are gone. Except for the ones that I have done already. Those come up in the TR app workout search. But cannot find them in the workout creator.

NOT happy. Have all the videos David sold until he went app. Did not get the email and am NOT happy.
You can still run the videos through perfpro and it will control your trainer in erg mode. Most of the older workouts are already written out, it's not difficult to write new work outs, just a bit tedious and time consuming. It is $100 but it's a one time fee. It can be a little bit of a challenge to get them synced perfectly with the video but I have mine pretty close. Part of the problem is it seems like the amount of time it takes for the video to start playing can vary by a second or two.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not that big of a deal really people, come on. Some of the Sufferfest workouts were great and some were complete pieces of shit from a workout standpoint. There are so many workouts on TR it's almost ridiculous. Almost. Although some are ridiculous as well.

Now something to bitch about is the fact that when I search through Threshold workouts from 90-2h, then sort by ascending or descending duration and TR says 183 workouts but won't let me see more than 10 of them even when scrolling, that's something to bitch about. I want to see all 183 workouts by scrolling and having it load them as I scroll.

If they fixed that, that would be awesome......but losing Sufferfest workouts...whatever

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Except if you paid for them to begin with, with the intention of using via TR. Loyalty seems like a one way street with sufferfest.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
desert dude wrote:
It's not that big of a deal really people, come on. Some of the Sufferfest workouts were great and some were complete pieces of shit from a workout standpoint. There are so many workouts on TR it's almost ridiculous. Almost. Although some are ridiculous as well.

Now something to bitch about is the fact that when I search through Threshold workouts from 90-2h, then sort by ascending or descending duration and TR says 183 workouts but won't let me see more than 10 of them even when scrolling, that's something to bitch about. I want to see all 183 workouts by scrolling and having it load them as I scroll.

If they fixed that, that would be awesome......but losing Sufferfest workouts...whatever

You don't got enough love for Sufferfest! I think their stuff is great - used it a ton a few years ago, both with and without TR. It's a good way to stay motivated, esp for the VO2+ and anaerobic sprints where you have to 'catch the break' - its good stuff, and I much prefer the story/video than the boring ol power spike coming your way in TR.

I will admit that I tended to use Sufferfest as one of those "A day" workouts where you knew you were going to hit it hard. Def wasn't a day-in-day-out video series for me to use.

I just use the Kickr phone app now, and control it manually on the fly. I think Cody Beals did this for quite awhile, actually. Haven't fired up Sufferfest, TR, or perfpro in awhile, and I'm liking it. Simpler, less setup, less to worry about.
Last edited by: lightheir: Mar 15, 18 14:15
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [jakesdk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jakesdk wrote:
Except if you paid for them to begin with, with the intention of using via TR. Loyalty seems like a one way street with sufferfest.

+1. Very disappointing. This surely does not incentivize me to give Sufferfest more of my money by subscribing to their app.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, myself and a few folks I train with have used some of the sufferfest stuff in the past, but there was nothing -that- special about them. There is so much content online now, races uploaded on youtube, netflix, etc etc., just load up a good TR workout and watch something good on the TV.
Quote Reply
Re: PSA, Custom fix for Sufferfest workouts leaving TrainerRoad [lightheir] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lightheir wrote:
desert dude wrote:

You don't got enough love for Sufferfest! I think their stuff is great - used it a ton a few years ago, both with and without TR. It's a good way to stay motivated, esp for the VO2+ and anaerobic sprints where you have to 'catch the break' - its good stuff, and I much prefer the story/video than the boring ol power spike coming your way in TR.

I will admit that I tended to use Sufferfest as one of those "A day" workouts where you knew you were going to hit it hard. Def wasn't a day-in-day-out video series for me to use.

I just use the Kickr phone app now, and control it manually on the fly. I think Cody Beals did this for quite awhile, actually. Haven't fired up Sufferfest, TR, or perfpro in awhile, and I'm liking it. Simpler, less setup, less to worry about.

I switched to perfpro as I no longer wanted to pay a subscription. I have a Tacx vortex and have used the iPhone app a few times and it’s fine. I could probably just create a bunch of workouts and just use tacx app for workouts
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I’m not part of the team, but I’ll go look for it this evening. I only owned a few of the videos (ISLAGIATT, Local Hero, Blender, and There is no try) Can I add them as a non team admin?
Quote Reply