Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: show me your DIMOND [CDNCrono] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Used an ENVE basebar & 3T stem.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [ck21trhc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I made it from scratch.Used hi-impact plastic.
Will post detailed pics next.
Carries my spare essentials, fone & money.
Used a magnet (small roud piece) as my lock.
Used a magnet as the lock
http://[URL=[url]http://smg.photobucket.com/user/campled/media/IMG_0467.jpg.html][/url][/url]
Last edited by: campled: Feb 8, 17 1:08
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sooooooo.......how much will you be selling those aero frame boxes for??? :)
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since this is a Dimond related question I figured I'd post it here. Anyone use power on resistance rollers? I use Trainerroad on a kickr but want to ride my Dimond a bit indoors as well, hence my question about rollers with a resistance wheel. My plan is to use P1 pedals to monitor power so I can still work with Trainerroad. Any feedback on this plan?
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [alaska848] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
alaska848 wrote:
Since this is a Dimond related question I figured I'd post it here. Anyone use power on resistance rollers? I use Trainerroad on a kickr but want to ride my Dimond a bit indoors as well, hence my question about rollers with a resistance wheel. My plan is to use P1 pedals to monitor power so I can still work with Trainerroad. Any feedback on this plan?

When you say 'resistance wheel', I assume you mean either rollers, or one of the omni fork mont roller trainers, since a dimond isn't supposed to mounted into any trainer that holds the rear of the frame, power or not.

To answer your question, tons of people use non-erg trainers (including rollers) to do power based workouts using their crank/pedal power meters. They will transmit your power to the trainer road app. Only difference from a kickr is that it will be up to you to make sure you are pushing the numbers that the workout specifies, as opposed to a kickr that will force you to by adjusting the resistance itself.
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [SBRcanuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Canuck! I should have been more clear. I am looking at using a set of rollers I already have but with a fork mount in lieu of my smart trainer so I can ride my Dimond more, since it can't be put into a standard trainer. I'm curious about the feel of using a resistance roller compared to even a fluid trainer. What I find is that rollers are good for form or warm up but not so for intervals or power based sessions. I'm curious if the resistance changes that and makes it a viable option.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have the feedback sports omnium to use with my dimond (and quarq) and I love it. I'm thinking of selling my kickr because I love the omnium so much.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
alaska848 wrote:
Thanks, Canuck! I should have been more clear. I am looking at using a set of rollers I already have but with a fork mount in lieu of my smart trainer so I can ride my Dimond more, since it can't be put into a standard trainer. I'm curious about the feel of using a resistance roller compared to even a fluid trainer. What I find is that rollers are good for form or warm up but not so for intervals or power based sessions. I'm curious if the resistance changes that and makes it a viable option.

I’ve done a lot of TR/Zwift on my Dimond on the InsideRide rollers with the manual resistance control. For sweet spot and higher power intervals, I need to be on resistance setting 2 or I run out of gear, but the ride feel is fine. I use the fork stand ‘cause I have no roller skillz on a tri bike.

That said, I went back to a smart trainer and another bike for indoor sessions because I like erg mode and because I don’t want to corrode my Dimond with all that sweat.

Ian
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have used InsideRide and the Minoura roller that has a similar design to the Omnium. Both provide extremely adequate feel for any type of training. I'm not sure I can recommend the Minoura though, I had trouble with the resistance unit on mine and heard of others that have had trouble as well. Maybe you would have better luck, it's definitely a nice budget option when it is working.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [sneeuwaap] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks to all for the feedback. Bought a resistance roller for my Cycleops set up. Worked well. Glad I did it. Now to find an Omnium for travel...
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [lmar77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Took a while to pull it all together but wanted to share, here is the build:

- Dimond Marquise w/ TriRig Brake front and rear disc
- Vision Metron TFA Cockpit w/ J-Bend extensions
- TriRig Scoops
- xLab BTA
- Vision Metron 81 Wheelset w/ Vittoria Corsa Speed Tubeless
- Full Ultegra Di2 w/ 4iiii Dual Sided PM
- SLF Bottom Bracket and OSPW (will run Ice Friction chain on raceday)
- xlab BTS

A VT grad it was no brainer to have the bike painted up Chicago Maroon and Burnt Orange. One of the more important upgrades was a custom refillable bladder that sits within the downtube and holds 1.8liters. So when counting the BTA/BTS bottles I'm starting at T1 with approx 3.3liters of fluid. Given my sweat rate that means I'm looking at needing zero or only one water stop during the bike during a full distance race and not at all in a half. I could do away with one (or both) of the other bottles if I really wanted to but I like the idea of starting with as much of my own mix as possible.

Between the Dimond Upgrade program, selling off unused equipment, porting over some parts and making use of discounts available through coaching for the rest I was able to keep this build under £2700. Not free but given my other options, ability to customize and deal properly with my fuel and hydration strategy this bike was a clear choice. I also really, really like that in 5 years of ownership I've only paid for bike fee once. I know that is not exclusive to Dimond but being able to break the bike down easily and quickly makes traveling a very easy (and cheap) undertaking.

Hope the images give others some ideas for their own builds. Happy racing!

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [xcrogers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome build, though as a Charlottesville native I immediately recognized those colors and had to shake my head... I assume the decision to keep the rear brake mechanical disc was to keep similar ergonomics for the brake levers with the rim front brake?

Also, on another note but since this thread was on the front page, Andy Potts is officially riding Dimond now. Interesting.

Benjamin Deal - Professional - Instagram - TriRig - Lodi Cyclery
Deals on Wheels - Results, schedule, videos, sponsors
Quote Reply
Re: show me your DIMOND [realbdeal] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks!! I’m currently working on the design team for the new school of data science at UVA. So I get a lot of flack from all sides.

I just saw the Potts announcement, cool stuff!

I honestly didn’t even think of ergonomics with the brake. nearly 100% of my racing is done with air travel and while I’m consider myself an reasonably adept maintaining my bike I just didn’t want to mess with hydraulics. I could take my old Dimond from bag to riding in 30 minutes and while I’m sure hydraulics might not really impact that it just seemed a step too far for me and I kinda discounted early on in my decisions making process.

I like to keep things simple, running two brake styles was already a leap but I really liked the idea of a hidden front calliper and then a bit of real stopping power towards the back with the dirty air.

I’m sure my decisions could be picked apart for aero or feasibility or whatever but this is likely to be my bike for a while and I really wanted to make the decisions that work for me and how I race and really happy with how it turned out. Just a few more parts to 3D print to fill the gaps and provide holders for the bladder fill point.

I’m really stoked to give this thing a go in Vichy!

2024: IM Hamburg
Quote Reply

Prev Next