Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [jimatbeyond] [ In reply to ]

jimatbeyond wrote:
Chargeback.

With all the sizing issues from posts along with the abysmal customer service I can’t believe people aren’t doing this more often.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [aspen6] [ In reply to ]

I'd have a huge problem with that... I'm going to guess they have some verbiage about designs not being 100% accurate as well. As far as I'm concerned that isn't the kit you ordered, paid and waited for.

That's disgraceful and again another reason I'll continue to order from Kiwami... great kit, customer service and it's in my hand in less than a week.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [Grant.Reuter] [ In reply to ]

It sucks because they have some awesome patterns. Thank you everyone for this PSA. Spend my money else where.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [xeon] [ In reply to ]

xeon wrote:
That's disgraceful and again another reason I'll continue to order from Kiwami... great kit, customer service and it's in my hand in less than a week.

My wife had two separate issues with an LTP order, one that was for her and another for a friend. Both times it was delay after delay. Stuff just like what's in this thread.

For this season, she ordered Kiwami's LD sleeved suit and received the suit itself 3 or 4 days after she ordered it. WITH Jelly Belly beans in it.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]

jkhayc wrote:
xeon wrote:

My wife had two separate issues with an LTP order, one that was for her and another for a friend. Both times it was delay after delay. Stuff just like what's in this thread.

For this season, she ordered Kiwami's LD sleeved suit and received the suit itself 3 or 4 days after she ordered it. WITH Jelly Belly beans in it.

In Canada here,

I will echo, we ordered team kit and with customs and border got our custom stuff in two weeks.

Garneau is a good (Canadian) company but had minimums etc and a 8-12 week timeline.

Andre was excellent, side bonus is that all of our vector stuff is on file and we can transfer to different items...or someone can customize with jelly beans or skulls and butterflies etc.

Maurice

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]

jkhayc wrote:
xeon wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but LTP are like a lot of tri clothing companies out there, at least in Australia, their kit is custom, made to order hence the delays. I emailed them, they got back to me within a few hours and answered my questions, the main one being delivery times, which they quote 4 - 6 weeks. Our club has just ordered a whole bunch of kit (not from LTP) and we have been quoted similar delivery times. I think perhaps some customers have been burned because delivery times have blown out or 4 - 6 weeks has been unexpected? I don't think you can compare a company like Kiwami with LTP, providing a different service and product. Seems like LTP's main issue is a communication one. From my very brief experience with them, they seemed OK and I'll probably place an order, but I'll do it an the end of the season :)

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

When LTP first came to market (or around then) they didn't have the time disclaimer on their website. So that threw off a lot of customers. Subsequently, their lead times have ballooned dramatically (just peruse this and at least one other thread on ST) to timelimes that make no real sense. Also, massive sizing differences between identical (supposedly) products, graphic designs that are not represented by the published media on their site, and very poor communication rank as the top complaints.

What further rubs people the wrong way is that they continue to act - through social media/instagram - as though they are providing these sick new kits to athletes and they are a full functioning company. None of which is true.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [zedzded] [ In reply to ]

zedzded wrote:
jkhayc wrote:
xeon wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but LTP are like a lot of tri clothing companies out there, at least in Australia, their kit is custom, made to order hence the delays. I emailed them, they got back to me within a few hours and answered my questions, the main one being delivery times, which they quote 4 - 6 weeks. Our club has just ordered a whole bunch of kit (not from LTP) and we have been quoted similar delivery times. I think perhaps some customers have been burned because delivery times have blown out or 4 - 6 weeks has been unexpected? I don't think you can compare a company like Kiwami with LTP, providing a different service and product. Seems like LTP's main issue is a communication one. From my very brief experience with them, they seemed OK and I'll probably place an order, but I'll do it an the end of the season :)

Actually, based on all the comments here, it seems like it's a lot more than "communication" issues. Appears they have a tough time with delivery of their product within a reasonable period of time along with quality control issues as well. With all the other triathlon support companies out there that have proven track records, I'm surprised anyone would place an order just to get a "different" looking design.

zedzded wrote:

Communication is only one of the many issues with the company...I finally have everything I've ordered, it's good stuff...however waiting three four months for my kit was not a part of the experience. And the fact that they don't update the status of your order. Also, check out this thread where they get snarky and attack people

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/%22LOVE_THE_PAIN%22_clothing_-_I_want_a_phone_number_P6541937/#p6541937

Washed up footy player turned Triathlete.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

TheStroBro wrote:
zedzded wrote:

Communication is only one of the many issues with the company...I finally have everything I've ordered, it's good stuff...however waiting three four months for my kit was not a part of the experience. And the fact that they don't update the status of your order. Also, check out this thread where they get snarky and attack people

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/%22LOVE_THE_PAIN%22_clothing_-_I_want_a_phone_number_P6541937/#p6541937

Gotcha. Shame. Their kit is awesome. Wouldn't take much to get their shit together...

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

Yes. I had tons of issues with the stuff I purchased. I tried to cancel my order but somehow they convinced me to wait for over 3 months. At the end the quality is not good for the price you are paying. I would not buy anything from there ever again. Their customer service is poor.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [rwurbina] [ In reply to ]

Now they're doing helmet painting...LOL

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TheStroBro] [ In reply to ]

Hey guys, a little bit of an update. After I opened the dispute with AMEX, eventually LTP delivered my stuff (about 6 months after placing the order). I decided I was not going to wear the kit, as a matter of principle, so it had been sitting in my closet since then.

A few weeks ago a friend messaged me asking if I had let someone borrow my LTP kit, to which I responded "of course not", and he sent me this:

How do I know that's my kit? Because it has my name on it: "GUS", the dude in the photo's name is Robert. Proof:

So, maybe part of the delays with my kit is that it was shipped somewhere and was used for what looks like a photo shoot. No clue if that dude used it for something else. So basically, I ended up with a $300 suit that was delivered after 6 months, and had someone else's ass in it prior to mine.
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Apr 15, 18 8:40

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

To be honest man, I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't yours and they printed two of them. That guy is significantly larger than you and I don't think his arms would fit in yours. That's just my opinion. Also, based on everyone's customer service, I wouldn't be surprised if they printed like five of those using the same screen and a bunch of people randomly have "gus" on theirs thinking it's like #oatmeal, Yeah, that's how bad I think they are.

TheStroBro wrote:
To be honest man, I wouldn't be surprised if that isn't yours and they printed two of them. That guy is significantly larger than you and I don't think his arms would fit in yours. That's just my opinion. Also, based on everyone's customer service, I wouldn't be surprised if they printed like five of those using the same screen and a bunch of people randomly have "gus" on theirs thinking it's like #oatmeal, Yeah, that's how bad I think they are.

I agree, that is also a possibility. Neither would surprise me. I would just like to point out that the dude owns the same kit without my name on it, so if they wanted to take pictures of him, they could've used the non-GUS kit:

His name is Gus too and he asked to have his name in the same color and spot as you. Obviously.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Apr 15, 18 10:36

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

DFW_Tri wrote:
His name is Gus too and he asked to have his name in the same color and spot as you. Obviously.

Of course, Gus is short for Robert. XD

hilarious!

I do notice he looks a lot happier when wearing your Gus trisuit.

TulkasTri wrote:

I would just like to point out that the dude owns the same kit without my name on it, so if they wanted to take pictures of him, they could've used the non-GUS kit

OK that's... just weird. Besides, isn't the point of a custom kit having something one of a kind? Showing up to a race knowing nobody else is wearing the same thing? I find it weird they'd print more than one copy of something with someone's name on it (unless they ordered multiple).

Edit with a theory: maybe they made the wrong size by mistake, hence the delay? Then they put the 'mistake' suit in a collection of random stuff and the bigger dude used it?
Last edited by: surroundhound: Apr 15, 18 16:35

Holy crap. I would definitely be interested in having LTP explain that one to me....if you're not completely over it by now.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm

TheStroBro wrote:

Possibly. I'm not sure why they would print 2 "gus" suits though. Although it's out there, I'm thinking that they used his suit for a photo shoot and then sent it to him.

Yes, however their customer service is so bad I wouldn't be surprised at either.

I just want to see GUS or #GUS on everyone’s LTP gear.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [domingjm] [ In reply to ]

domingjm wrote:
Holy crap. I would definitely be interested in having LTP explain that one to me....if you're not completely over it by now.

I would love to know also! I'm guessing they're just going to say they made two identical suits. Is there legal issue with doing that? i.e can you request a custom suit with personal information on it and they duplicate the design and sell it someone else?

Prev Next