Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

2nd Weekly Ride for SlowZwifters Announced: The Hilly Vanilli
Quote | Reply
Here it is. The Hilly Vanilli Ride. Thursdays, 10:35am Pacific Time, 6:35pm London time.

- 70min by time. (After Week-1 we will evaluate to see if we want to switch to distance.)

- 5min everyone-together warmup. The ride then separates into 2.75w/kg (C) and 2.00w/kg (D) groups, with ride leaders for each group and a sweep for the D group. Slightly faster if the group wants on the climbs - but regrouping at the summits - for about 40min depending on the route. Then you are off your leashes for the final 20min, with everyone for him/herself. Finish up with a 5min cooldown.

- First week course is the London 8. We'll *probably* cover two laps of it. It's about 20km (12.6mi) in total distance per lap including one stout climb and one rolling climb for net vertical per lap of 238m (780ft).

- This is a "challenging" course, which is likely how we'll bias the routes. We'll pick courses that are rolling-to-hilly. Not flat but also not mountainous. Feedback welcome on that.

- Ride volunteers solicited here. We'll need C group leaders, D group leaders, and a D group sweep.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Last edited by: Slowman: Feb 26, 18 11:53
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Weekly Ride for SlowZwifters Announced: The Ugly Dog [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sounds cool. Prime time Europe so us North America workaday stiffs won't be able to join in. The leader & group will have to remain disciplined and let the A/B rider/trolls blast off the front from the gate.

tinman
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Weekly Ride for SlowZwifters Announced: The Ugly Dog [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doing it by time could be odd for a race finish. It would be racing to hit the front as the clock reaches time rather than racing for a line. I've never done that before. Could be strategically interesting for anyone taking it seriously!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Excellent. The time slot is when the Swedish Zwift Rider (SZR) group workout has been previously which drew a decent number of riders. The SZR workout was problematic because they hadn't properly calibrated the power output to cadence for most riders so I would expect even more interest in this kind of ride.

The real question is how long until someone complains that everyone is being snowflakes for asking the pace be maintained, and in the process offends the Zwift developers who have worked hard to design the snow on Watopia.
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Weekly Ride for SlowZwifters Announced: The Hilly Vanilli [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh man, so close Dan! Just an hour later and my kids would be in bed! I'll just have to offload responsibility a couple of times and see if I can join.

Great stuff, was just thinking in a WBR ride last week how it would be cool to ride with fellow twitchers.
Last edited by: knighty76: Feb 27, 18 0:17
Quote Reply
Re: 2nd Weekly Ride for SlowZwifters Announced: The Hilly Vanilli [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd be planning to ride in the 2.75W/kg group, but could possibly lead the 2.00W/kg group from time to time. However, my departure time from work can be unpredictable and I don't want to say I'll do it and then not show up! So for the time being, I won't throw my name in.
Quote Reply