Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Post deleted by mpbiddl5
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [mpbiddl5] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FYI: There's already a generic QR Owners thread. It has (or had) some nice PRs.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [HandHeartCrown] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, we wanted to start this thread to answer any questions our QR owners have on PR series bikes specifically, and am personally a big fan of the QR mafia thread.
Last edited by: mpbiddl5: Jan 6, 18 8:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm actually curious about the Qbox light. Mine can barely be seen. Are there any plans to release an upgraded top with an LED in it? Or have you heard of anyone modding the light?

Use this link to save $5 off your USAT membership renewal:
https://membership.usatriathlon.org/...A2-BAD7-6137B629D9B7
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [AlyraD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We are looking at some enhancements to the Qbox light, but will have to get back to you on what stage of the process we are in. I will talk to design on Monday AM and send you a PM. Thanks for the question.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Something to "re-post", the 2018 PR six can be obtained with rim or disc brake options! I was not aware of this until after I ordered my green PR5 frameset with the known rim brake design.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

PR = Private Reserve no? Please may I join with this? :0)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi guys - Great idea for a thread! I had two beginner questions regarding my PR3:

(1) Does the stock rear brake have a quick release mechanism? I don't see one, but wanted to check.

(2) When using my bike on an indoor trainer, I notice a "grinding sensation" when pedaling down on the left side while in the front small chainring. It's not particularly noisy, but there's a distinct vibration. The problem disappears if I switch to the front large chainring and pedal at a higher cadence. I've moved my bike between 2 different direct drive trainers and the grinding is still there, so I suspect it's the bike and not the trainer. Any idea what could be causing this?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you point me to a document that has the torque recommendations for attaching the PR6 fork to the frame, and any other recommended torque values, please? I need to remove the fork to travel with the Armored Hen House case.

Also on your website there is nothing regarding the 2.0 stem assembly, torque, etc-please point me to that as well.

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [quintana who] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's tough to tell in the pic, but I believe you're right. Slowman knows all the key indicators of that vintage, so maybe he'll chime in and hit us with the facts of what you have there. Very cool bike!

Brad DeVaney
QR
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [JonathanNYC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
JonathanNYC, there are no beginner questions ;)

1) the rear Shimano TT brakes do not have the conventional quick release mech built in. To the dealer, our bikes are packaged with optional inline adjusters to allow opening and closing of the brake. Properly placed (near the stem) these adjusters can allow on-the-fly adjustments should they be needed. I love these little guys: https://jagwire.com/...rts/inline-adjusters

2) I suspect your chain may be dragging either the inside face of the large chainring or the front derailleur. Should you be using the small chainring with the last two cogs (smallest), please upshift to the big ring and 2-3 clicks easier on the rear. You'll be in a comparable ratio and not "cross-chaining" which causes a great deal of drivetrain stress and premature wear.
If the issue isn't related to cross-chaining, but is the chain touching the front derailleur, a slight movement of the shifter (not a full shift) may alleviate the contact. The slight movement of the front derailleur is referred to as "trimming" and is often necessary when using inner cogs when on the big ring OR when on the small ring and using the mid to outer/smaller cogs. We don't expect anyone to use the smallest two cogs and the small ring. Small ring cross-chaining is a no-no.
If this doesn't solve your issue, have a seasoned mechanic have a look. The PR allows 3 dimensions of front derailleur adjustment: a) rotational angle of the front derailleur mount on the frame b) height of the front derailleur above the chainrings and c) yaw, or angle of the derailleur cage in relation to the chainring plane.

Thank you for being a part of the QR family and we wish you a great season!
Brad DeVaney
QR
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [sch340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sch340 wrote:
Can you point me to a document that has the torque recommendations for attaching the PR6 fork to the frame, and any other recommended torque values, please? I need to remove the fork to travel with the Armored Hen House case.

Also on your website there is nothing regarding the 2.0 stem assembly, torque, etc-please point me to that as well.

Here's a tech doc that may be useful when installing your fork. http://www.quintanarootri.com/...ce_5a5e1bac419bd.pdf

It calls out proper procedure for both Gen1.5 and Gen2 stems. I'm expecting the doc to be updated with Gen2 images soon. The procedure is the same, but the Gen2 doesn't require mounting a lower cradle or different length hardware when raising or lowering the basebar.

Safe travels and we wish you great training and racing!

Brad DeVaney
QR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there any differences/improvements between the PRFive 2016 and 2017 models? I am looking to purchase a left over 2016.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [B DeVaney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe I should've posted in pink!

It's a QR Kilo PR frame from about 1998, with a fork of a Redstone so a bit of a mish mash.
My original Kilo ripped the front mech hanger rivets out (in Lanzarote!) and Dan kindly offered an upgrade to the Redstone.
The Redstone finally died a year or so back (crack to the head tube) so now lives on the Kickr, and I picked up the NOS Kilo frame shortly after. It still gets ridden and occasionally raced when I'm feeling too fat/slow/old/unfit for my newer bike (which isn't a QR sadly)...
Last edited by: quintana who: Feb 22, 18 15:44
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [DaniD] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DaniD wrote:
Are there any differences/improvements between the PRFive 2016 and 2017 models? I am looking to purchase a left over 2016.

For 2017, the PRfive gained Q Box bosses. Both year models will have top tube storage bosses and the same SHIFT+ frame design as the PRsix. Another factor to consider is warranty. Feel free to call or chat with us online regarding the specifics of a new or used bike you're considering. We're here to help you with your options and decision making.

Cheers,
Brad DeVaney
QR
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [B Devaney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have a PR6 question for you: does the steerer tube come pre-trimmed or does a bit of it extend beyond the stem? I only ask as I'm contemplating buying a PR6 to build up with my MORF aerobar (when Frank finally ships it to me) and a bit of exposed steerer would ease my BTA concerns.

Also, what's the maximum tire clearance (measured width) for the PR6 disc?
Last edited by: Slowman: Feb 26, 18 7:10
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [quintana who] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
quintana who wrote:
Maybe I should've posted in pink!

It's a QR Kilo PR frame from about 1988, with a fork of a Redstone so a bit of a mish mash.
My original Kilo ripped the front mech hanger rivets out (in Lanzarote!) and Dan kindly offered an upgrade to the Redstone.
The Redstone finally died a year or so back (crack to the head tube) so now lives on the Kickr, and I picked up the NOS Kilo frame shortly after. It still gets ridden and occasionally raced when I'm feeling too fat/slow/old/unfit for my newer bike (which isn't a QR sadly)...

Post in PINK! HAAAAAA!
It's great to hear you're getting the nostalgic rig out of the stable now and then. We're here when you want to discuss an upgrade (wink wink).

Seriously, thanks for sharing the pic. We love to see and hear from owners who continue to enjoy a piece of our history. It's a passion we share and I'm personally grateful.

Continue to enjoy the miles!
Brad D
QR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tightened the Qbox bracket too hard and it cracked. Your site only sells the entire assembly (bracket, box, and lid). Is it possible to only purchase the bracket?

Also, I purchased my pr5 in 2017. It appears to come with a bento type box. But it doesn’t seem to fit or I am not sure of how to attach to the top tube. Is there instructions on the assembly?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just received a PR5 frameset. No owners manual. Would like to know the torque values for all of the screws -dropouts, bottombracket, front derailleur bracket, etc. prior to using my etap groupset to build up the frameset.

I had 2325 grams for this size 54 PR5 frameset. I would guess that a PR6 in this size would come in at around 2210 grams. Glad to get my hands on a great rim braking triathlon bike before only disc braking bikes are sold.
Last edited by: Slowman: Feb 26, 18 7:10
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [B DeVaney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, Brad - appreciate the help here. I'll take a look into both of these and see if they fix my issues!

I also wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts regarding BTS hydration options. It turns out the combination of the stock PR 2.0 + my saddle position + QBox makes mounting a BTS bottle tricky. I've tried an XLab Delta 300 and XLab Delta 425, but they don't work - here's a photo https://imgur.com/a/6QdJx

Curious to see if you guys have seen this before and if so, if you have any suggestions for a single BTS mount? I know XLabs makes a Turbo Wing product that hoists the bottles a little higher and might work, but I don't want to run double bottle cages in the back (suppose I could just run a single cage, but feel like it would look a little silly).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Joe Gambles OR PR6 from 2017 Ironman
Last edited by: Slowman: Feb 26, 18 7:09
Quote Reply
Re: Official Quintana Roo PR Series Owners Thread [Billyk24] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

high mounted cages
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another option, profile design rmp which is adjustable angle behind the saddle

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just purchased a PR3,although I will not pick it up for a couple of weeks. Can’t wait. I’ve rode a road bike up until now so I’m looking forward to a proper Tri bike

Dan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I usually like an all-black bike, but that neon green is quite appealing!
Quote Reply

Prev Next