Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Feb. 19
Quote | Reply
How are you and how was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 19 [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
goals this week:
5 swims and at least 6000 yds; 2 bike rides; day off from running; do running things that make me faster. (got a good start to today with 6 mi easy)
I swam 4 times and they were all short - but 3 rides, a day totally off, and I did some tempo-ish run miles. :-)

Totals 2850 yd swim, 23 mi bike, 42.9 mi run

This week: I fly to a conference in San Diego on Wednesday. Goals are to ride at least once before I get on the plane, swim at least 3k between today and Wed., and not go too nuts with run mileage.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Womens! Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik. Good work and safe travels to SoCal -- I don't know how much time/freedom you'll have but it's warm enough to swim in the ocean without a wetsuit -- I swam wetsuit free on Sunday up here and it's likely 4+ degrees warmer there.

My goals last week were:
Quote:
swim 4 times, ride 3 times, and run 3 times. I also have PT twice and would like to do yoga once.

I only swam 3 times and they were all pretty short (1 pool, 2 ocean), I rode 4 times (2 trainer, 1 big day of climbing, 1 easy cruise) and I ran 3 times (all easy but it's coming along). PT is coming along too but it's been VERY humbling. I also did yoga which is always lovely.

This week my goals are 3 swims, 3 runs, 3 bikes, 2 PT sessions, and 1 yoga class.

This weekend, I fly to Central America for my adventure race (2/28). Losing a month means I'm not as prepared as I'd like to be (are we ever?) but I'm still excited for the race and even more excited to see friends for a week-long adventure. I probably won't check in next week but I'm hoping to swim and run some while away.

Happy training!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 19 [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Safe travels to both Dr TC and SoCal. And have a fun race!

I was only able to get two doubles in last week, so I'm 2 behind on the 100/100. I aim to get those extras in this week. Also got in 3 bikes and no swims.

Unseasonably warm weather ahead, so I'm hoping to get a couple of longish outside bike rides in this week.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have an awesome time away SoCal; I will be insta-stalking you for some vicarious adventuring!
Tri3 - you seem to have this under control!

My goals were: I'll go with one bike (yes), at least 2 runs (yes), 2 strength sessions (only 1) and 1 pool and/or stretch cords session (epic fail). On the bright side, I had a great time in Montreal; my dad was super surprised to see my sister and I felt like I indulged but in a sensible controlled fashion.

This week should look something like this:
M: bike + run brick (done)
T: Physio session (Run + mobility)
W: Swim
Th: Hotel gym strength + dip in the hotel pool (it's only 8 strokes across so maybe I'll try some of the technique stuff that usually drowns me)
F: XC ski in Lake Louise
S: rest
S: bike + XC ski (final lesson)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello Women!

Great week last week. Not a whole lot of training, but still sooooo much more than my colleagues!

Pool Swim: x2
Bike: x1
Run: x2

I did a 13.1 with two of my girlfriends on Sunday. It was an absolute riot. We signed up for the early start for the "elderly and walkers." It was on an army base, which is why I wanted to do it - when do you get to run around on an active base? We got there at 6:00 for our 6:30 start time and it was pitch black and not single sign of a race, just a bunch of soldiers randomly walking around (with guns!). So, we finally found packet pickup in "classroom 5" (there was no signage helping us out - we just saw a light inside a building). We got our bibs and found out where the start line was. There was a pop up tent with a lady standing nearby. Looked good enough for us. So, we parked literally right next to the start/finish line. We got out of the car and started to gather ourselves when the lady suddenly yelled, "3 minute warning!" We hustled over to the start line 20 feet away.

She gave a very rough overview of the course to the 14 of us standing there. And the, "ready, set, go!" We figured we'd just follow the lead pack since we couldn't figure out the course. The problem was that we were the lead pack. So, we just kind of ran where we thought with one of the 3 of us occasionally running back to another runner to ask if they knew the course. They were following us. We held the lead until mile 9 when suddenly we turned around and it was like the living dead. Suddenly there were 4 or 5 people hot on our heels. We had been alone up until then. We picked up the pace but were over taken by 9 1/2 miles by two speed walkers (seriously!). In the end, we came in 3rd, 4th, 5th as we crossed the finish line together. Overall, when we include the runners who started at 8:00, we came in 42nd, 43rd, 44th, out of 53 racers.

No matter, we had the most fun.

Rock on women!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Argh! Over 50 hours of work and no help on the horizon. They have yet to hire me help and once they do, they'll need to be trained. Getting cranky! At least I was in San Francisco and did a lot of walking.

PT evaluation on my hip and he thinks I may have a hip labrum tear. Makes sense with the issues I have but I'm not happy about it. Going to get an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon to see what he thinks.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SoCal, have a great race! I look forward to hearing about it.

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 19 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oh no! Sorry to hear about your hip. Keep us updated.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Feb. 19 [ironclm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ironclm, sorry to hear about your hip! Keep us updated.

Scheherazade, enjoy Lake Louise -- I'll do my best to update from the jungle :)

Thanks for the luck, TC -- while my overall fitness isn't where I want it to be, I feel good about my other skills and I know it's going to be a blast.

SLO, that kinds sounds like the best race ever -- glad you're having fun and looking forward to seeing you this season.

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! There's a lot going on! I love the story of the half marathon. The adventure race sounds fun, too!

I've been suddenly swamped with mom duties, so my work-outs have dropped off. Last week my hubby developed horrific hives & I was the last-minute fill-in for his volunteer spot on our daughter's overnight class trip aboard the Californian, a tall ship in SD bay. My crew of 8 5th graders stood watch from 1:30-3 am. It was so great to see them looking out over the dark water; they were pretty much miserable.

I ran a 13.1 mile training run Saturday morning on a whim. My hubby complained that my 15 minute warning was insufficient for a 2 hour run. I'm happy my 30 minute runs in the 100/100 have added up to something I can really use. I feel like I have a solid base.

I'm 6 days (or so) behind on the 100/100. School resumes next week for my kids, so I hope work my way back with doubles.
Quote Reply