Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Saskatchewan Crime Wave!
Quote | Reply
Pierogies stolen! They were probably homemade too. Dirty bastards!
Quote Reply
Re: Saskatchewan Crime Wave! [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe Gerald Stanley stole them...
Quote Reply
Re: Saskatchewan Crime Wave! [Sanuk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

It was an accident. He didn't mean to steal them, he just wanted to sniff them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

You should really get up to speed on that whole debacle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm curious as to people's take on this. Including Trudeau's comments as well as those of Jody Wilson-Raybould.
Quote Reply
Re: Saskatchewan Crime Wave! [scobig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Me too. All I know is there were some insanely racist 'anti-white people' posts floating around my Facebook feed yesterday because of the verdict.

Long Chile was a silly place.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
scobig wrote:
I'm curious as to people's take on this. Including Trudeau's comments as well as those of Jody Wilson-Raybould.

4 drunk young adults showed up at a farm yard after a failed theft attempt at another farm yard. They were on day 14 of binge drinking, even though they were caught trying to steal a vehicle at another farm, their story is they were looking for tools to fix a flat tire. A fight ensued where the property owner first fired warning shots and it went downhill from there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you have a reference for the "day 14 of binge drinking" comment?
Quote Reply
Re: Saskatchewan Crime Wave! [buddhabelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Part of one of the actors testimony.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Part of one of the actors testimony.

I'm curious about the details of this case. All I read about on news articles was the teens were drunk, had failed at breaking in to a vehicle nearby , got a flat tire and were looking for help. As you said, warning shots were fired and apparently the one kid was shot in the head while the defendant reached in the window to grab the keys out of ignition. But the articles never say who's testimony that story comes from, they just present that narrative as fact.

I hadn't heard the day 14 of drinking detail.

Quote Reply
Re: Saskatchewan Crime Wave! [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that is what I read as well. I never saw anything about a 14 day bender.
Quote Reply
Re: Saskatchewan Crime Wave! [buddhabelly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It sounds to me like the beginning of the story is from the teen's testimony while the later stages are from the defendant in the case. Both seem to rate high on my bullshit meter.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is why I don't believe it should ever have gone to trial. Maybe as manslaughter? But to prove there was an intention to kill beyond a reasonable doubt for a second degree murder charge?

And for Trudeau and Wilson-Raybould to then make the comments they made? All they've done is inflame the situation and call into question (a) their impartiality and (b) that of the Crown should it chose to appeal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure the crown is quite busy reviewing the judges instructions to the jury and anything else for a technicality.

Another detail not mention is the fact the people involved actually did have a gun with them. It wasn't produced at the events at Stanley's yard and Stanley has said as much. However, it could call into question the actual motives of the party when they arrived at the farm. One of the crown witnesses changed their statement on the stand.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I should have written that in pink but I am up to speed on the case and followed it closely and for what it's worth, I think the judgement was the correct one.

Last edited by: Sanuk: Feb 12, 18 6:34
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

I should have written that in pink but I am up to speed on the case and followed it closely and for what it's worth, I think the judgement was the correct one.

You racist bastard!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You racist bastard!

Well, I am a white male so it's a given...

I've been following some of the online comments over the case and it sure seems to be an all or none perspective. If you are native (or your last name is Trudeau or you are a government Minister) you think justice was not served. If you are a racist white person, you think that if people spend the day drinking, being armed and trying to steal vehicles on someone else's property, bad things can happen.

Go figure.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was terribly irresponsible of Trudeau to publically condemn the verdict and to meet with the family of the deceased. He has undermined our entire justice system with that action. He wasn't in the courtroom, he didn't see the evidence and he didn't hear the testimony.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what i read the rifle (without stock) was there between Boushie's knees when Stanley leaned in to try to grab the keys--in other words about the time the fatal shot was fired??

http://www.cbc.ca/...ten-gerald-1.4520214

/r

Steve
Quote Reply
Re: Saskatchewan Crime Wave! [Marlonius] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was terribly irresponsible of Trudeau to publically condemn the verdict and to meet with the family of the deceased. He has undermined our entire justice system with that action. He wasn't in the courtroom, he didn't see the evidence and he didn't hear the testimony.

Trudeau is being Trudeau, jumping in when there is any chance to be seen as being "fair." It's politics at its worst.

The whole idea that it would be a different outcome if there had been an Indigenous person on the trial is demeaning to the jurors and is in itself racist. He is telling the jury that they voted because of the skin color of the accused and not on the evidence. He is also saying, Indigenous people would have voted the opposite, not based on the evidence, but because of their skin color.

Quote Reply
Re: Saskatchewan Crime Wave! [Steve Hawley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, the gun was between Boushies legs with a round in the chamber and rounds in the tube magazine. They had apparently broke the stock earlier while trying to bust a window or something on a vehicle they were trying to steal, at least that's the way I understand it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sanuk wrote:

Trudeau is being Trudeau, jumping in when there is any chance to be seen as being "fair." It's politics at its worst.

The whole idea that it would be a different outcome if there had been an Indigenous person on the trial is demeaning to the jurors and is in itself racist. He is telling the jury that they voted because of the skin color of the accused and not on the evidence. He is also saying, Indigenous people would have voted the opposite, not based on the evidence, but because of their skin color.

Agreed. I guess in Trudeau's world, we get a hung jury based on racism, a mistrial and infinite retrials. Like I said, an undermining of our justice system. Goddamn that guy. I thought he'd be bad, but he's waaay worse than I ever imagined he could be.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here's the most dangerous places in Canada to live, my brother lives in Lloydminster and there was a murder a few years ago in the apartment parking lot behind his house. I'm surprised that East Central Alberta didn't hit the crime list with the Klaus murders in Castor (I knew the parents and the POS son), the work related murders in Consort, and an incident in which a family member with mental illness killed his brother. It might be a good time to get some water tests around here.
Quote Reply