Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Kona run course aid stations
Quote | Reply
The aid stations are not marked on the course map, that I could find.
I am assuming there is station #1 as you exit T2.
It looks to me like the turn around on Alii Drive is at aprox 5 miles.

Are there aid stations at:
T2 exit
Mile 1
Mile 2
Mile 3
Mile 4
Turn around
Mile 6 (same as 4)
Mile 7 (same as 3)
Mile 8 (same as 2)
Then the rest of the course.....

I am really only interested in this area of Alii Drive. Thanks for the help ST.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona run course aid stations [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They're every mile the whole course! Theres aid in the transition and then starting
In Reply To:
at mile 1. There's no short of aid stations I promise :)
Quote Reply
Re: Kona run course aid stations [ktommila] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not concerned about the number of stations. I'm trying to help my Kona group of family and friends pick the best volunteer spot for race day. That's why the request for specific information.
Quote Reply
Re: Kona run course aid stations [Ktri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to help my Kona group of family and friends pick the best volunteer spot for race day. That's why the request for specific information.

What are their or your expectations - do they want to see you multiple times?

The two "hot-corners" - Palani & Kuikini and then Alii & Hualalai are probably the best spots to watch. Although, because of that, they tend to get quite congested with other spectators.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Kona run course aid stations [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:
I'm trying to help my Kona group of family and friends pick the best volunteer spot for race day. That's why the request for specific information.

What are their or your expectations - do they want to see you multiple times?

The two "hot-corners" - Palani & Kuikini and then Alii & Hualalai are probably the best spots to watch. Although, because of that, they tend to get quite congested with other spectators.

There’s no real reason to be at Ali’i and Hualalai given the long time between sightings. Just go up a bit on Ali’i (like Royal Kona or Kona Reef) and you will see them the same number of times, then you can walk back (much later) to see them at the finish. The real benefit of the intersections you mention is to see the pros finish while the age groupers are starting out. Plus they’re completely without shade, so your family is not going to want to be out for that entire time.

Ian
Quote Reply