Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Needing inspiration - best blogs.
Quote | Reply
Hey slow twitchers.
I’m out of shape (25lbs overweight and exercising less than 1x a week for the last couple months) and have no mojo these days.
Thee short backstory is my dad (62) is dying of cancer and my older (31) year old brother is fighting lung cancer. We have 3 kids , and the mojo, fire, drive (insert noun here) that I had even last year is totally gone. Mentally I am spent.
Who’s got inspiring “makes you want to get out there and put in some gritty long miles in the snow “ blogs I should be reading? Run and tri blogs preferred, but definitely open to other sports.

I just need an external kick to get out the door. Documentaries and YouTube videos are welcome too.
Thanks friends.
Quote Reply
Re: Needing inspiration - best blogs. [arca_tern] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don’t have any but I just wanted to say I’ll be following this thread and reading your posts if you need to offload.

That’s a really rough situation and it must be taking a massive toll on you. I’m rooting for you, buddy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what others think of it but I really liked "You are an Ironman" by Steinberg. It's a book but I listened to the audio book during long runs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got a lot of videos on YouTube where I unbox stuff to ride indoors. Maybe wait for the end of one of my videos and see who it suggests you should watch. ;)

As for what's motivating to get outdoors.... Chasing Legends. Overcoming. Road to Paris. It really depends who triggers you.... and I'm sure at least one of those three videos will trigger just about anyone on the Internet. :)

Shane Miller - GPLama
YouTube | Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook | Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
With what you are facing - I think you're handling pretty well. Get some head clearing exercise in and worry about race season next year.

That being said, I was a big fan of Fat Cyclist's blog. He started out with a mountain biking blog, then his wife contracted what turned out to be fatal cancer...he blogged throughout and became a pretty active cancer advocate ( Yes, with Livestrong - Lance trigger warnings)

He's not blogging any more, but the entire archives are posted on RedKitePrayer ( a good site in its own right)
http://redkiteprayer.com/category/fat-cyclist/

All the best...

" I take my gear out of my car and put my bike together. Tourists and locals are watching from sidewalk cafes. Non-racers. The emptiness of of their lives shocks me. "
(opening lines from Tim Krabbe's The Rider , 1978
Quote Reply