Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Finally an Olympic event ordinary Americans can excel at
Quote | Reply
A local news station in Chicago accidentally aired a graphic that referred to the host city of the Winter Olympics as 'P.F. Chang'

I podium finished in a sesame chicken eating contest there with some buddies many years ago - haven't eaten there since.

Quote Reply
Re: Finally an Olympic event ordinary Americans can excel at [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They even messed up the Olympics logo. That's a very thorough fail!
Quote Reply
Re: Finally an Olympic event ordinary Americans can excel at [Alibabwa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly :) They saw where the bar for tv journalism was set, and in true Olympic spirit said, “we can lower it”.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally an Olympic event ordinary Americans can excel at [wimsey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm sure if we had access to NK TV the American broadcasters would only muster a Silver in a best case scenario.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too funny, I mentioned this over dinner this evening and my 13 y/o son just shook his head and said, "no wonder other countries hate us"

--------------------------
The secret of a long life is you try not to shorten it.
-Nobody
Quote Reply
Re: Finally an Olympic event ordinary Americans can excel at [mck414] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Too funny, I mentioned this over dinner this evening and my 13 y/o son just shook his head and said, "no wonder other countries hate us"

LOL!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I always thought that would be Biathlon! :)

I'm actuality half-serious, with the love of guns and the military, I would think it would be perfect!

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: Finally an Olympic event ordinary Americans can excel at [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

I'm actuality half-serious, with the love of guns and the military, I would think it would be perfect!

WTF? Just how PC arrogant are you? The Canadian military owns 4 of the 10 longest sniper kills in history. Documented and undeniable. Now you come on this forum and pretend to that Canada (read liberal Ontario) is somehow above proficiency with firearms. You sir are an arrogant PC ass. Canadians are by far, some of the most proficient killers on numerous battlefields. Your rejection of this reality is as much a revelation of your personal dishonesty as it is your willingness to blindly accept falsehoods promoted by dishonest politicians attempting to project a specific image.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally an Olympic event ordinary Americans can excel at [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
racin_rusty wrote:
Fleck wrote:

WTF? Just how PC arrogant are you? The Canadian military owns 4 of the 10 longest sniper kills in history. Documented and undeniable. Now you come on this forum and pretend to that Canada (read liberal Ontario) is somehow above proficiency with firearms. You sir are an arrogant PC ass. Canadians are by far, some of the most proficient killers on numerous battlefields. Your rejection of this reality is as much a revelation of your personal dishonesty as it is your willingness to blindly accept falsehoods promoted by dishonest politicians attempting to project a specific image.

Fuck yeah we can shoot!!!

Well not me. I own a couple rifles but quite frankly I am quite a terrible shot.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: Finally an Olympic event ordinary Americans can excel at [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Returning the half-serious tone, I think there's an issue with biathlon in the US - cross country skiing has something of an effeminate reputation in the view of many here, and on the flip side the reality is that you have to be in really terrific cardiovascular shape to ski like that and then be able to calm yourself down enough to do precision shooting. It's a cool sport IMO, but the gun aficionados will scoff at the skiing part and the skiers will get palpitations at the thought of carrying a loaded gun (!!!) on their backs.
Quote Reply
Re: Finally an Olympic event ordinary Americans can excel at [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Good morning, RR

No smilies, no pink - I never know if you are serious, joking, or what you are getting at?

You do seem rather angry and agitated, in this post, and others. If what I said, has upset you in some way, I am sorry.

I was genuinely trying to be light and humorous, about it all, but also as noted, half serious as well - American citizens strong embrace of firearms (that is seen in no other western democratic country), and their massive military infrastructure, and numbers of enrolled service men and women - the largest in the world. Putting those together, it would seem obvious that biathlon MIGHT be a popular sport, and something that Americans would do well at.

There's even a historic Division of the U.S. Army - the 10th Mountain Division that specializes in winter operations - http://tahoequarterly.com/...high-altitude-heroes

Just putting 2 and 2 together here!

Last edited by: Fleck: Feb 14, 18 5:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looking at the positives, his tie matches the logo precisely, and his eyebrows are 10/10
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure that was sarcasm all the way
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Yeah, but there's all that skiin' interfering with the shootin'! To make it truly 'Murican, we need to swap the skiing part for motocross, ATVs, golf carts, or monster trucks.

On that note, biathlon supercross would be kind of cool...

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: Finally an Olympic event ordinary Americans can excel at [Travis R] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Travis R wrote:
Fleck wrote:

Yeah, but there's all that skiin' interfering with the shootin'! To make it truly 'Murican, we need to swap the skiing part for motocross, ATVs, golf carts, or monster trucks.

On that note, biathlon supercross would be kind of cool...

It should be done riding the motorized shopping carts from Wal-Mart, and all shooting must be done with a beer in one hand.

I talk to myself because mine are the only answers I'll accept - George Carlin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Minnesota National Guard has a pretty good team/program. They are major help to the Minnesota Biathlon junior Olympic program and have a massive range and ski trails at their base here.

Sadly we 'Muhrcans are too dedicated to ball sports. Any sport requiring Lycra is frowned upon.

I was wondering aloud at work why no American firearm manufacturer is producing guns for the event. Almost all of the athletes shoot Anschuz rifles.

Federal is a huge sponsor of youth shooting sports, they are based in Minnesota as well.

Pactimo brand ambassador, ask me about promo codes
Quote Reply
Re: Finally an Olympic event ordinary Americans can excel at [Tatonka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lol! Perfect!

Travis Rassat
Vector Cycle Works
Noblesville, IN
BikeFit Instructor | FMS | F.I.S.T. | IBFI
Toughman Triathlon Series Ambassador
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fleck wrote:

Good morning, RR

No smilies, no pink - I never know if you are serious, joking, or what you are getting at?

You do seem rather angry and agitated, in this post, and others. If what I said, has upset you in some way, I am sorry.

I was genuinely trying to be light and humorous, about it all, but also as noted, half serious as well - American citizens strong embrace of firearms (that is seen in no other western democratic country), and their massive military infrastructure, and numbers of enrolled service men and women - the largest in the world. Putting those together, it would seem obvious that biathlon MIGHT be a popular sport, and something that Americans would do well at.

There's even a historic Division of the U.S. Army - the 10th Mountain Division that specializes in winter operations - http://tahoequarterly.com/...high-altitude-heroes

Just putting 2 and 2 together here!

I guess it hasn't occurred to you that your posts are clearly passive aggressive.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I guess it hasn't occurred to you that your posts are clearly passive aggressive.

"Passive aggressive"? Really?

Just trying to have an informative, rational debate/discussion - with a bit of fun thrown in on the side!

Quote Reply