Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Just sold my bike-so sad
Quote | Reply
So my biking days are over. Too much to lose if I crash or get hit. I haven't ridden in 2 years after my hip replacement 2.5 years ago-too afraid. I did ride some the first few months but seemed to hold my breath the whole time-not enjoyable. I am the bread winner for the family and I need to find other less risky outdoor activites.
Seems like I am a bit sad for the chapter to close/door is shut now that the bike is gone. It was fun while it lasted though-for almost 15 years of triathlons. Good deal there.
Now I do hot yoga to get the sweat I cant seems to get by walking 5-7 miles or gardening etc.
Sucks to get old and fearful. Not overly afraid but cautious and willing to look at other activities that are not as risky like hiking etc
Thank you Aegis Swift.....I loved you!
Quote Reply
Re: Just sold my bike-so sad [cayenne] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paging blep. Blep, please pick up the green courtesy phone.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Just sold my bike-so sad [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IMO, Cayenne gets a pass.
Quote Reply
Re: Just sold my bike-so sad [Ringmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's not up to us. BLeP is the final arbiter of what can stay and what has to be taken back to the tri forum. I anxiously await his decision.

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ringmaster wrote:

No passes.

This shit needs to get taken to the tri forum.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zwifting with a hi-end smart trainer and a good display is really fun...

Gardening? Come on now.
Quote Reply
Re: Just sold my bike-so sad [BLeP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's cold, man.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's with the Bay blanket background?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No passes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was cleaning out the garage and pulled by tri-bike down. We don't have any bike paths around here and I'm nervous about distracted drivers - so I doubt I'll ride it any time soon. I drove to Tallahassee the other day and passed a great bike path that stretches for miles. I wish we had something like that around here because I do enjoy riding the bike.

But as with you, I and my family have a lot to lose if some idiot hits me while I'm riding along the highway.

I bought a rowing machine a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying it. My daughter is really getting into it. I live on a lake and could possibly make use of a rowing shell, so that's something I am considering.
Quote Reply
Re: Just sold my bike-so sad [spookini] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spookini wrote:
Zwifting with a hi-end smart trainer and a good display is really fun...

Gardening? Come on now.

Yup...and even better now that I made one of those rocker plates for the trainer to sit on top of.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations - you have earned full Lavender Room membership, rights, and benefits.

So, uhm, what is the name of that hot yoga place you go to?

________
It doesn't really matter what Phil is saying, the music of his voice is the appropriate soundtrack for a bicycle race. HTupolev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
No way would I moan and groan about my bike on the tri forum. No way would I submit myself to that punishment!
Although the punishment here can be a bit harsh as well:)
Hey-gardening can be brutal under certain conditions and hot yoga for 90 min at 105* ain't for the faint of heart either!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You are wise to stay away from that other place - they are scary. I guess it would only be appropriate that someone with your username would be into Hot yoga.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Get a MTB, problem solved.
Quote Reply
Re: Just sold my bike-so sad [A-A-Ron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A-A-Ron wrote:

Get a MTB, problem solved.

Yeah, nobody injures themselves on a MTB.

...though your odds of being run over by a car are much lower.
Quote Reply
Re: Just sold my bike-so sad [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
I was cleaning out the garage and pulled by tri-bike down. We don't have any bike paths around here and I'm nervous about distracted drivers - so I doubt I'll ride it any time soon. I drove to Tallahassee the other day and passed a great bike path that stretches for miles. I wish we had something like that around here because I do enjoy riding the bike.

But as with you, I and my family have a lot to lose if some idiot hits me while I'm riding along the highway.

I bought a rowing machine a couple of weeks ago and have been enjoying it. My daughter is really getting into it. I live on a lake and could possibly make use of a rowing shell, so that's something I am considering.

St. Marks trail. Used to ride it all the time.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
Quote Reply
Re: Just sold my bike-so sad [NCtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NCtri wrote:

Yep. I was going to Crawfordville. My mother-in-law lives in Keystone Heights which is north-east of Gainesville. There is a nice bike path that starts near her house and runs 20-30 miles to Palatka. Did you ever ride that one, or did you stay around Tallahassee? I think I remember that you got your PHD at FSU?

I wish there was something even close to that in the Panama City area.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
NCtri wrote:

Yep. I was going to Crawfordville. My mother-in-law lives in Keystone Heights which is north-east of Gainesville. There is a nice bike path that starts near her house and runs 20-30 miles to Palatka. Did you ever ride that one, or did you stay around Tallahassee? I think I remember that you got your PHD at FSU?

I wish there was something even close to that in the Panama City area.

I've ridden the one near Gainesville, and the one in Jacksonville. FL has good rails to trails. I did get my PHD at FSU. They completed the St. Marks trail my first year there.

Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I still ride quite a lot, but not nearly as much as I used to (4500 miles last year in Michigan) and I refuse to ride in the cold like I did in the past. Winter time rides in 15-30 degree weather used to be 2.5-3 hours on the weekends for me once the roads were dry & then I'd follow that up with 1.5-2 hours of XC skiing, but not anymore...no motivation for that crap. A good, bright daytime taillight has made me feel infinitely safer, but I also have access to great country roads. Now I'm using the rowing machine a lot more, especially this time of year. Have you done intervals on yours yet? Those will rip your lungs out in a hurry -- 5-10 minutes easy warm up & then do 1 minute on at full effort, 1 minute of easy recovery, repeat 10 times, cool down 5-10...it's a quick killer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BLeP wrote:
Ringmaster wrote:

No passes.

This shit needs to get taken to the tri forum.

Quote Reply
Re: Just sold my bike-so sad [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been sick for the last few days so haven't worked out. I hope to get back to it tomorrow.

I was rowing while watching a TV show and decided to pick up the pace during commercials. Holy smoke did that get my heart rate up quickly. But, that may be more of an indicator of my cardio condition. I'm working on building up my endurance, but will start doing intervals soon - if I'm man enough.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not sure what to offer aside from many hugs.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious, how old are you?
Quote Reply