Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The death of comedy
Quote | Reply
Last week I stumbled across Eddie Murphy's Raw. And thought how badly he would be crucified for that act now.

And now I see that animated rabbits have gotten in trouble. You have got to be fucking kidding me.

https://www.msn.com/...r-BBJ02xE?li=BBnb7Kz

“Food allergies are a serious issue," wrote representatives for Sony Pictures Entertainment, reports The New York Times. "Our film should not have made light of Peter Rabbit’s archnemesis, Mr. McGregor, being allergic to blackberries, even in a cartoonish, slapstick way.”
“We sincerely regret not being more aware and sensitive to this issue, and we truly apologize," the statement concluded.
A charity organization called Allergy UK has since said the scene mocks allergy sufferers, and is an irresponsible move on the part of the filmmakers.
Carla Jones, the charity’s CEO, told the Telegraph: “Anaphylaxis can and does kill. To include a scene in a children’s film that includes a serious allergic reaction and not to do it responsibly is unacceptable, as is bullying.
“Mocking allergic disease shows a complete lack of understanding of the seriousness of food allergy and trivialises the challenges faced by those who live with this condition, particularly parents who live in fear of their child suffering a life threatening reaction.”
Jones also said they “will be communicating with the production company about the film’s withdrawal.”

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: The death of comedy [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply