Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Glock Build #2
Quote | Reply
Well, I had so much fun with the first one, I had to try it again. Another Glock 19 Gen 4 build. This time I started with an OEM lower and a Zev Technologies slide.

First, sand down off the finger grooves, sand off the texture, do the double-trigger guard cut, and do the accelerator cuts. Used a 1 inch belt sander to remover the finger grooves. I use a Dremel with a sanding wheel to take off the texture. The Dremel sanding wheel is perfect to do the trigger under cuts and the accelerator cuts.

After rough-cutting everything with the Dremel, I sand by hand. I start with 120 grit sandpaper. I wrap the sandpaper around a marker to hit the round spots. I follow it with 240, 400, 800, 1200 and 1600 grit.

Once that is done, I used Dremel polish and Dremel felt polish tips to smooth everything out and bring back the shine of the plastic.

Next, I use a pencil to draw the outline for the stippling. I use a rounded edge cutter to cut squares with card stock and use that for my straight edge.

Once I have my design, I use a Dremel bit #109 to cut the outline. Then I follow it with a Dremel bit #107 to cut the outline.

Once I have that roughed out using the Dremel, I use this sanding tool to smooth it all out.

After having the edge cut, I start the stipple. I use an OTDefense stippling tool. For this one, I used the X tip. When I finished, the grip was great, but there were a few pointy spots. So, I used a buffing wheel on the Dremel and took off the points. Now I have a great grip without any areas that are too rough.

Here is the finished product:

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Glock Build #2 [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice. I have given thought to sending one out to robar but maybe I can do it myself.

Been a long time since I have been to the range.
Quote Reply
Re: Glock Build #2 [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was nervous doing the first build. But, I bought two Sig P320 modular grips for practice. They are close to the same polymer as the Glock, but a little thinner. They are $40, but you can find them on sale for $35.

Example: https://ads.midwayusa.com/...Sig%20Sauer-_-534383

I did everything on the Sig modular frames first. Then I bought two "Glock 19" airsoft frames. They around $25-30 each. They are a little softer than the real Glock polymer, but they are great for practice.

Airsoft: https://shop.jkarmy.com/...-euro-ver-black.html

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is a unique and fine looking pistol.
Quote Reply
Re: Glock Build #2 [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Decided to stipple my Glock 26.

Double trigger undercut using the Dremel:

Sand off the grip. Map out the border with pencil, then cut with Dremel:

Cut with Dremel, then smooth out with sanding tool:

Complete the stipple:

Finished product:

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Decided to stipple my Glock 26.

Double trigger undercut using the Dremel:

Beautiful work, again! Ever consider a side-business? You could give Robar a run for their money.

But, I think you might have gone too far with that first undercut on the G26. It doesn't look like there is much material left. I'd be a bit worried about a stress crack developing in that area....

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Glock Build #2 [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! It calms me and is fun, so, wifie is talking me into thinking about it.

Yeah, I got aggressive on the first undercut. It actually looks thinner in the picture than in real life, for some reason. I kept looking at it and kept deciding to go a little further. There isn't any flex, so, I think I am good. But, in hindsight, I won't go that deep again out of an abundance of caution.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:

If you're gonna work on frames, I think you'd have to become an FFL, which seems like an enormous PITA. Plus, it's been my experience that trying to make money from any fun activity will forever suck the fun out of it.

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Re: Glock Build #2 [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MOP_Mike wrote:
JSA wrote:

If you're gonna work on frames, I think you'd have to become an FFL, which seems like an enormous PITA. Plus, it's been my experience that trying to make money from any fun activity will forever suck the fun out of it.

Those two reasons are why I have never even considered pursuing it.

Quote Reply