Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I basing my comment on cervelo publish data and some internal numbers.

P5-6 vs P5-3 is 1 watts

P5-3 is essentially the same as p3 or p2 frameset as long as each bike as same major components (bar, brakes mostly). There are small differences in the frameset of the p5 but those differences are at the back of the bike and we are talking 1 or 2 watts.

that how good the p2-3 frameset is. The group, crank, saddle you put on the bike have very little impact on performance.

So, once you treated your P2 to the ''p5 components treatement (fork, fairing, beard, magura, adruo bar) you will be ahead of a shiv, Felt IA, Speed concept for anything from 0 to +/- 7 degres yaw.... and might get caugh up by the speed concept at higher yaw but you essentially are riding a super bike for a very affordable price.

so, 2000$ for a 2017 closout p2, 200 for a p5-6 fork, 400$ for aduro, 150$ magura brake 75$ of fairing, beard etc

2825$...... for perhaps a 3 watts deficit on p5-6.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Last edited by: jonnyo: Jan 15, 18 14:13
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
been looking off and on for the fairing for 2 years, have a p3 with the magura center pull hydraulic brakes and have not been able to find the fairing. any advice on where it is available.

Thanks,
GS
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [rockfish] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it s relatively easy. any cervelo dealer could order it for you.

or simply search online and you can by them today for 15$ a peice

https://www.excelsports.com/...major=11&minor=2

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
THX!

Been googling magura brake fairing without success and looking online in all the wrong places.

Best,
GS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:

Does that just clip on to the magura brake?
Could you use it without the aduro?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yes and yes

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone got pics of upgraded cockpit on a P2 as some have mention in this thread. Zipp, vision, Tri rig alpha x, others.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Alpha X

Ventus

Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jan 17, 18 6:59
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How'd you get the rear brake cable routed that way? It's the only thing I don't like about the P2.

DFW_Tri wrote:
Alpha X

Ventus

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There were some postings on here on how to do it; I printed those out and brought them to my LBS and had them get to work; since I have Maguras, I wasn’t concerned about about the internal turns of the wires as others expressed with traditional brakes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
happy to take more pics with different angles but this is what I have on hand
Last edited by: bigredrude: Jan 17, 18 7:09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
There were some postings on here on how to do it; I printed those out and brought them to my LBS and had them get to work; since I have Maguras, I wasn’t concerned about about the internal turns of the wires as others expressed with traditional brakes

ok found it. doesn't look too hard, maybe I will end up with another Cervelo after all.

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...so=ASC;mh=25;page=-1

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [JasoninHalifax] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just did it with my P2. Really easy for those who feel comforatble working on their bike. No need to go to a shop.

The top tube cable port already has three holes (2 gear, 1 brake). That port/cavity (whatever it's called in the top tube) actually pops out without much effort and makes cable routing easier. It really not that hard to run the brake cable to the top tube (removing the fork first also give you easy access to the inside of the frame to help guide the cable).
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
beston wrote:
I just did it with my P2. Really easy for those who feel comforatble working on their bike. No need to go to a shop.

The top tube cable port already has three holes (2 gear, 1 brake). That port/cavity (whatever it's called in the top tube) actually pops out without much effort and makes cable routing easier. It really not that hard to run the brake cable to the top tube (removing the fork first also give you easy access to the inside of the frame to help guide the cable).

+1
Agree with this. If you are comfortable working on your bike it is not hard. I did mine with standard mechanical brakes and it was pretty straightforward. Leave a nice big 'U' in the cable or loop it. 3 cable ports. Ran housing all the way. Plenty of room.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It looks like you have some experience working on Magura RT6 brakes.

...have you ever tried to install the magura HS/RT hydraulic tubing to the barbed end fitting on the brake lever?
(here's a video of Magura doing it: http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...brakes/rp-prod128877)

I've tried myself and find it to be very difficult. Nowhere near as easy as the video shows. If you have done it, I'd appreciate any advice that would help make the job easier
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [beston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I do not...I leave this type of stuff to my LBS. In fact, when it comes to special projects designed to clean up my bike, wires etc, I will only take my bike to certain LBS as for some, itbis over their head.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Got a used set of these basebars coming, will have to figure out what extensions to put on

Zipp Vuka Aero
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wait what??? Magura on Ventus?

DFW_Tri wrote:
Alpha X

Ventus

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That set up didn’t last long, but why not??
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are there aero benefits to the magura brake cover if it isn’t being used with the Aduro bar and other p5-6 parts (ie I have a rt6 in my P2 with a Different Aerobar and wonder if buying the cheap cover would offer me any aero benefit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
in reality no. But if it was me, for 30$, a little pray paint and a fun special project, i would put them on and make the bike look very cool and mean. But it wont gain you time.

Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking very cool and mean is always a bonus!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My P3 serves me well:

2015 Cervelo P3
Shimano Dura-Ace 11-spd mechanical
Quarq Elsa GXP
ISM Adamo Race
Zipp Vuka Stealth
Magura hydraulic brakes; RT8 levers and RT6 calipers
Arundel Chrono (frame), XLab Delta 225 (BTS), Zipp Vuka BTA with Quickview and Garmin Edge 520 (BTA)
Dark Speed Works Speedpack 483D
Von Drais Race Number Plate
Flo 90 Aluminum rear with Catalyst cover, 24mm Continental Force, latex tube and Silca valve extender
Flo 60 Carbon Clincher front with 23mm Continental GP 4000s II, latex tube and Silca valve extender
Last edited by: GreatScott: Feb 2, 18 9:36
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:

Thank you for this morsel!

Can you help me understand how to install the cover over the Magura RT6 on a P3 frame?

I’ve purchased the covers and see three screw holes on each, but don’t understand how to attach the cover to the brake. Is there an internal mounting bracket that attaches the cover to the brake? If so, is that part sold separately?

Edit, found it: https://www.excelsports.com/...major=11&minor=2

Scott
Last edited by: GreatScott: Feb 11, 18 19:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What about a custom bike painting job?

Wont add any watts but will make you LOOK faster!

Anyone know how to do this on a carbon frame?
Quote Reply

Prev Next