Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Bontrager Carbon Bottle Cage [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks all - suspect I'll be taking it in as I don't want to risk damaging the Y-extension and I need the bolts re-ordered (although I'd prefer to replace them with something harder as the last shop almost stripped the heads trying to get them out).

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager Carbon Bottle Cage [mongooseman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As a rule, it might be good to take all the bolts off once a year and coat them all with grease to keep from seizing. Pad bolts, extensions, spacers, especially the 3 bolts on the underside of the stem that bolt to the risers. The entire front end can have these freeze in place so good annual maintenance disassembly, reassembly is great preventative maintenance.
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager Carbon Bottle Cage [fishgo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Agreed - new baby has definitely seen the bike suffer...which is awkward, as I'm presently trying to sell it (the bike, not the baby). Surprised Trek used such soft bolts though. I'd be very happy to pay for Ti or similar to avoid this happening again.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Has anyone successfully run a wheelbuilder aerojacket with a jet 6+ on the gen2 model speed concept? I'd prefer to go this route over buying a dedicated disc due to cost. Thanks for your help.
Quote Reply
Gen 1 Bontrager Aerobar S-Bend Extensions? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know where I could get a hold of some Gen 1 Bontrager Aerobar S-Bend Extensions? I have a 2013 Trek SC 9.9, but the extensions have been cut a little short by the previous owner and I would like to replace them with some that haven't been cut (or are as least as long as I need - something which I don't quite know yet).
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where I can find a fit chart for the 2018 speed concept? I can't even seem to find a copy of the 2014 fit chart anymore.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MattAune] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should see it on the page for the 2018 bike. Scroll to the bottom:
https://www.trekbikes.com/us/en_US/bikes/road-bikes/triathlon-bikes/speed-concept/speed-concept/p/1485000-2018/?colorCode=black

I can't seem to find the stack and reach chart but I think it should be the same as recent years?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know what bento box Tim Reed used on his setup here?
http://www.triathlete.com/2016/10/photos/kona-pro-bike-tim-reeds-trek-speed-concept_293982

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ChrisJM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the stock Bontrager bento but painted. It looks weird because you're probably not used to seeing it in red on a size small frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would make complete sense to me... but the shape looks slightly different and same with the top.

Possible it was a prototype or an earlier version? I've seen him use the stock version more recently.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ChrisJM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
it was a prototype, while yes it was painted which made it a little different, it was made on a 3D printer.

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ttx_tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know it it more of a support thread but I was proud of my new baby. I know its a trainer pic without the race wheels but she makes me happy. I ordered a framset and had my LBS transfer components from a Cannondale Slice to this. Power meter is on order and I'll miss my Tririg Alpha but it is always nice to have a new bike and my son fits on it perfect.. :)

Last edited by: Augie023: Mar 5, 18 14:47
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Augie023] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's a great looking machine!

It is one of the first that I have seen with RED on it - I hope it keeps bringing you joy!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [teddygram] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
teddygram wrote:
That's a great looking machine!

It is one of the first that I have seen with RED on it - I hope it keeps bringing you joy!

Thanks, I am actually pulling the RED crank off to put a RED DZero power meter on, I wish I could have swapped the spider on this crank but I wasn't thinking when I ordered the crank.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Augie023] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Great ride! Just purchased the same frame and love it!
Last edited by: zlooney: Mar 5, 18 16:14
Quote Reply
Seat-post swap (Gen 1) [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to get my hands on the straight seat-post smallest off-set (25 mm?). I have one with the mid-level offset and I also have one with the largest offset. Would anyone be interested in a trade, or alternatively be able to sell me one?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It is so sad. 2018 SpeedConcept has default black color with glossy black logo which i like. But this color scheme comes only with uci base bar which i dont like. The project one gives me option to put non-uci aerobar + 500$, but they give only one black color scheme + blue (Really?) trek logo on it. If i want to get non uci aerobars + full black paint i have to pay $500 for bars and additional 500$ for paint. RLY?
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager Carbon Bottle Cage [Ksavostin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What’s up with the UCI bar. AFAIK drag-wise it’s a wash. It does give you a little more knee room when out the saddle ;)

This is just nature’s way of telling you to get the red one.

Edit: more seriously, talk to your dealer. They can see a lot more on the system than you can, so there may be options available. You could just get a new base bar and get the shop to swap them out when building up.

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Last edited by: SkippyKitten: Mar 5, 18 22:56
Quote Reply
Re: Bontrager Carbon Bottle Cage [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkippyKitten wrote:
What’s up with the UCI bar. AFAIK drag-wise it’s a wash. It does give you a little more knee room when out the saddle ;)

This is just nature’s way of telling you to get the red one.

Edit: more seriously, talk to your dealer. They can see a lot more on the system than you can, so there may be options available. You could just get a new base bar and get the shop to swap them out when building up.
My local TREK store said they can swap to non UCI bar for $500.
Quote Reply
Gen 1 Seatpost saddle angle stuck? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How exactly do you adjust the forward/backward angle of saddle on the Gen 1 Seatpost? I can see the circular insert thint behind the clamps, but it doesn't seem to move and I don't know if it's supposed to take this much force...
Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 Seatpost saddle angle stuck? [BikedPotato] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a concern about the UCI bar but really don't think it's going to be a huge issue for my pace anyway 🙄

One other thing to watch it for was the brake cover was also the UCI legal cover. The shop was able to order me a replacement speed fin because the description said it was included
Last edited by: Augie023: Apr 26, 18 18:05
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Disassemble the whole clamp. The rails sit on conical parts which can become stuck in the post head. Ensure you lightly grease/anti-seize these faces and the the thread when reassembling.

Quote Reply
Re: Gen 1 Seatpost saddle angle stuck? [SkippyKitten] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkippyKitten wrote:
Disassemble the whole clamp. The rails sit on conical parts which can become stuck in the post head. Ensure you lightly grease/anti-seize these faces and the the thread when reassembling.

Thanks - I've removed the outer parts and I'm left with what is shown in the attached picture. I can't see any way to get these inner parts to rotate, how do I apply force?
Last edited by: BikedPotato: Mar 14, 18 19:15
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just ordered SC 2018 today with vapor coat. Time to choose wheels/tires.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They need tapping out (gently!) with a soft drift from the opposite side. Is that the UCI post?

Quote Reply

Prev Next