Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Newbie 70.3
Quote | Reply
Looking for thoughts comments on the Santa Rosa 70.3 as a first 70.3 race. I’ve done numerous sprints and Olympic distance, but this will be my first 70.3. Mid-packer, looking to have a solid race and finish strong. Thanks in advance!
Quote Reply
Re: Newbie 70.3 [cmac2045] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Highly recommended! I've done 3 70.3's: Vineman 70.3 (some course overlap with SR), Santa Cruz 70.3, Santa Rosa 70.3 and 1 full. SR 70.3 was definitely the easiest, the swim is pretty straightforward, bike is fairly fast (altho a few stretches of crummy road bits), run is super flat and on a bike path.
The biggest challenge in my opinion is logistics, given the large separation for T1 and T2. Give yourself plenty of time for bike check-in the previous day as the drive to T1 can have some traffic. Last year I stayed near T1 and got dropped off in the morning but I heard that the shuttle in the morning from T2->T1 was smooth as well.
I've heard rumblings that the course may change this year too, and the date was moved from May to July (expect the heat to be more of a factor) so my experience may not be as relevant.
Quote Reply