2009 P4 with 3T Aduro and Tririg front brake and Alto CC86

Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Dec 27, 18 4:09
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Clutch Cargo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
nice...please explain how you have that brake fairing in place on the tri-rig brake...thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
zooropa wrote:
nice...please explain how you have that brake fairing in place on the tri-rig brake...thanks

Seconded. I'd like a little write up. The bike looks "weapon".
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [zooropa] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I epoxied the two half of the Magura covers together,and flared them at the top to match the width of the nose piece.

Had to notch out a little of the top of the Magura cover for the brake housing to the brake,and had to trim little off the bottom it was going past the Tririg pad holder.

If you expand the 4th pic I drilled/tapped for a screw into the pad holder to secure Magura cover,that plus the fact it is press up and tight to the nose piece.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very clean. Nice job. Id like to see a pic of your position on it if you're up for it.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Rider17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Try to get that image/video in a few days

Basic Fit#

Saddle H 72
Set Back -3
160mm cranks
Saddle to back of pad 52
Drop -10
Saddle to center of shifter 84
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

How is the breaking on those Alto wheels?

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Comes with Black Prince Pads and brake just as well as if not better than other CC have I used in the past(Zipp Firecrest and the new ENVE brake track)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First off - amazing work!

Secondly - Where's you store the di2 battery? How did you fit the di2 cables through the tiny cable holes under the BB and at the derailleur exists?

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The battery,I used the smaller UCI seat post so the battery would not fit.
I dropped the fork out and installed in through the head tube in the upper part of the down tube.

I opened up the the lower opening and RD opening with a drill bit.Once you go Di2 you never go back to mechanical ;-)

Mounted EW-R910 junction A on Aduro cover
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Liking your work there.

I was working with a client with a P4 last week. With the right front brake and bars they’re pointy!

Developing aero, fit and other fun stuff at Red is Faster
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I presume you tried to make the p5-6 fork fit? if so, how did you find the fit around the dropped down tube.

I am running a very similar bike to yours, aduro bar, and front + rear maguras brakes. When I procured the aduro, unfortunately the brake covers were not available. I'm currently trying to make a speed concept under chainset fin fit. I did manage to fit the di2 wire and brake cable through the existing ports inside the aduro cable exit zone. I presume you had issues with a mechanical brake?

would appreciate to hear if you tried the fork, I'm considering purchasing one sight unseen on ebay. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [notaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
notaero wrote:
Hi, I presume you tried to make the p5-6 fork fit? if so, how did you find the fit around the dropped down tube.

I am running a very similar bike to yours, aduro bar, and front + rear maguras brakes. When I procured the aduro, unfortunately the brake covers were not available. I'm currently trying to make a speed concept under chainset fin fit. I did manage to fit the di2 wire and brake cable through the existing ports inside the aduro cable exit zone. I presume you had issues with a mechanical brake?

You have Magura brakes front & rear ?
How did you mount the rear?
The mechanical brake housing through the bars is not a problem
The rear brake is the stock brake and the front is a Tririg Omega

would appreciate to hear if you tried the fork, I'm considering purchasing one sight unseen on ebay. Thanks

I did not try the P5/6 fork.I did a quick visual assessment the fork and the lower half of the P4 head tube and the top of the P5/6 will not fit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I made a bolt hole adaptor - there is another to thread here on slowtwich where people are doing the same thing. Thanks for the reply.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a Tri Rig post on my FB feed this morning, talking about them developing an aftermarket fairing for the Omega.

29 years and counting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Clutch Cargo wrote:
The battery,I used the smaller UCI seat post so the battery would not fit.
I dropped the fork out and installed in through the head tube in the upper part of the down tube.

I opened up the the lower opening and RD opening with a drill bit.Once you go Di2 you never go back to mechanical ;-)

Mounted EW-R910 junction A on Aduro cover

That's why I'll be installing eTap at some point on my P4. No futzing with dremels and drills required :-)

Citizen of the world, former drunkard. Resident Traumatic Brain Injury advocate.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice!
I want to do this.

BoulderCyclingCoach.com
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [notaero] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the latest on the back brake adapter?
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [TriathlonJoe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sent a 3D printed prototype to the guy that designed it and it looked like it worked pretty well. Last I heard he was going to have it CNC'd to actually test it.

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriathlonJoe wrote:
What's the latest on the back brake adapter?

Getting a version 2 drawing mocked up. But if notaero already has one built, I'd hope he would be willing to show off his work.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [Rider17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Fit Video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKlrnC4dZjQ
Last edited by: Clutch Cargo: Jan 19, 18 4:06
Quote Reply
Re: The new Cervelo P4 2.0v [doublea334] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any way I can get the specs on the adapter? I have a friend who's a machinist.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I'll update my other thread when I receive the specs from my buddy.

Unfortunately, I'm the bottleneck here. Since I only am contributing the IDEA of the adapter. Need a smarter person to CAD up the design, a more technical person to 3D print the prototype, and another person to machine the final piece.

Alex Arman

Strava
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool.

Has anyone designed a replacement for the stock bottle? Fairing? Storage?
Quote Reply

Prev Next