Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Cervelo P2 upgrades
Quote | Reply
I bought a new Cervelo P2 Di2 tri back this past Sept. Other than putting hydration setup on aero bars, and two behind the seat. Pretty stock. I did buy a set of vision metron 55/81 clincher wheelset a few months ago to use for races. What would be the next area on P2 that you would look to upgrade? Brakes, pulley, cockpit. I have moved the di2 junction box to try and clean up the cables some. Looking for input as what others have done to their P2 bikes
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [dl1340] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The stock P2 cockpit is horrible. Get a good cockpit with better cable routing and aerodynamics.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TriRig Omega X brakes

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [exxxviii] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
exxxviii wrote:
The stock P2 cockpit is horrible. Get a good cockpit with better cable routing and aerodynamics.

Any suggestions?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There are tons of options out there. The Tririg Alpha X is on sale now, and it is an incredible value for the level of performance.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri rig alpha x is beautiful but wow it is expensive.

Id ask do you have a power meter yet? Id say work on your engine before worrying about the cockpit and training to power is a good way to monitor that. Also a decent bike fit.

Having said that if all you want is advice for what to get then yeh the cockpit is a good place to start
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Zipp Vuka Aero with the Evo 70 extensions

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ri rig alpha x is beautiful but wow it is expensive.

Id ask do you have a power meter yet? Id say work on your engine before worrying about the cockpit and training to power is a good way to monitor that. Also a decent bike fit.

Having said that if all you want is advice for what to get then yeh the cockpit is a good place to start

I have a kickr snap trainer, so yes to a degree I train with power when riding on the trainer
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [Lazydoc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lazydoc wrote:
Tri rig alpha x is beautiful but wow it is expensive.
It's relative, but at $750, the Alpha X is a good value. Carbon bars are around $1K. Aluminum bars are around $300, but they often come bare, so you often end up spending a little more for pads and extension clamps. And, aluminum bars are slower than carbon bars, so the savings comes with a performance cost. For $750, cheaper than most other carbon bars, you get one of, if not the, fastest bars at any price.

From a bike performance, a good cockpit will probably have the biggest impact.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a non-Di2 P2. I just did a bunch of upgrades that I'm really really liking:

- Ultegra Di2
- TriRig Alpha X bars
- TriRib Omega X break
- ISM PN 1.0 saddle

and just about to buy an Assioma Duo power meter and a Hed Jet Plus 6 front wheel and Hed Jet Plus Disc (I have a set of Enve Classics 4.5/6.5 right now that are nice but I think I can do better with Hed)

Have fun!
Last edited by: bigredrude: Jan 14, 18 17:38
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife has the exact same bike. I added Di2 shifters to the base bars, which she really likes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or he could get a 3T Vola team (carbon) for 400$. Has all the adjustability of a Tririg, won't be much slower and is a lot cheaper.
Last edited by: SkippiTT: Jan 14, 18 23:03
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [SkippiTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SkippiTT wrote:
Or he could get a 3T Vola team (carbon) for 400$. Has all the adjustability of a Tririg, won't be much slower and is a lot cheaper.

That is the bar that comes on the P3 I think.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkippiTT wrote:
Pwraddr wrote:
That is the bar that comes on the P3 I think.
I did not know the 3T Vola Team was so cheap. It may be tough to find one for $400, but even at $550, it is a good value.

Yes, the Vola Team Stealth is the cockpit on the P3, and it is a massive upgrade over the P2's cockpit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I got a Vision carbon base bar that cleans up the brake cables a tun. Also that are straight vs bullhorn like the stock base bars.

There is a thread somewhere that shows P2 upgrades. Other obvious ones are wheels and a crank based power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkippiTT wrote:

It's a lot slower.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [Grill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You’d be better off with a felt bayonet alloy. The bayonet is only 12 secs slower over 40k then the tririg and is 1/4 of the price. It also has amazing adjustability.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [EnderWiggan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That does indeed look like a great aerobar setup for a reasonable price. I am currently running no-name chinese carbon basebar+aerobars that have worked fine for me and were total $160 and look great, but if I could have bought an alloy Bayonet for $300 back when I was upgrading I def would have gone this route instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes we know already, everything in your microwatt world is terrible slow, a lot slower etc. Why don't you start being really helpful to people?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tririg Omega X brakes and get brake cabling done so that rear brake cable is not sticking out in the wind
And powermeter, if You have rotor crancks power2max NGeco is one good option for the money
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SkippiTT wrote:
Yes we know already, everything in your microwatt world is terrible slow, a lot slower etc. Why don't you start being really helpful to people?

Pointing out that a cheaper option is slower than the more expensive is helpful. It allows the OP to decide whether the $ to W savings is worth it to them.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well he's still missing part of your equation isn't he? How could he know if something is worth it if he doesn't know the difference. And yes, I know you can find a (rather narrow) range with some Googling.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not at liberty to give specifics, but it would be worth it to me. The Bayonet as suggested is a better budget option and Tulas are top if you can live with the quirks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the p2, the no brainer upgrade is a used or new (if you can find it) Aduro bar. it bring the bike from entry level to super bike hiding all the cable and making it a good aero upgrade and a major aesthetic upgrade also

The p2 with about 700$ of investement (bar and brake) can get you with in 1-2 watts of the P5 and faster than mostly any superbike on the market.

i purchased a P2 105. putting a p5 fork, aduro bar, magura brake and fairing... and end up with a relatively ''cheap'' superbike.

Jonathan Caron / Professional Coach / ironman champions / age group world champions
Jonnyo Coaching
Instargram
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo P2 upgrades [jonnyo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jonnyo wrote:
The p2 with about 700$ of investement (bar and brake) can get you with in 1-2 watts of the P5 and faster than mostly any superbike on the market.
Only if the P5 you are comparing to is 1 size larger and both bikes have about $8K of other upgrades. You are probably thinking of that flawed Tririg experiment. Due to all of their protocol irregularities, it is hard to know if the P5's larger frame size is the reason for the performance similarities or if the Auduro bar on the P5 is the reason for performance similarities. The P3, which already has a decent cockpit, is much further from a P5 than 1-2 watts. It is more in line with a Shiv, which is distant from a P5. It is hard to imagine a universe in which a P2 cockpit and brake upgrade alone can leapfrog the P3 and every other bike on the market to outperform a P5.
Quote Reply

Prev Next