Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Garmin 920 XT glitch (steps)
Quote | Reply
In the past couple of months I've noticed a little glitch happening on my 920. The steps displayed on the watch don't match gamin Connect (yes, I made sure to sync the watch). The watch will have a certain number of steps counted, I'll sync to the app, and fewer steps will show up there. If I then turn off my watch and turn it back on, the watch will then display the number that was on the app.

I first noticed this happening once a week or so, and the difference would be a few hundred steps. But lately it's been happening every day, yesterday the change was about 2500 steps.

I don't care about the steps per se, it's a pretty irrelevant metrics to me; but I'm wondering if this is a sign of things to come. Thus far I haven't lost any SBR data, but coming back from a 5 mile run and finding only 3.5 miles displayed would really piss me off.

Has anyone else noticed this issue?

------------------------------------------------------------
Any run that doesn't include pooping in someone's front yard is a win.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT glitch (steps) [CCF] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you have more than one watch counting steps?

I use a 920 and a 230 with the 920 as the preferred tracker. The combination of both watches seems to throw of the counts off the 920 as compared to what garmin connect says. It seems the garmin app updates the 230 to the total of the two watches while the 920 only displays its own steps.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT glitch (steps) [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:

I use a 920 and a 230 with the 920 as the preferred tracker. The combination of both watches seems to throw of the counts off the 920 as compared to what garmin connect says. It seems the garmin app updates the 230 to the total of the two watches while the 920 only displays its own steps.

Huh, funny. But nope, that's not my glitch, I've only got the one watch.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Does it happen on swimdays? I believe I have seen it happening here. (swimstrokes counted as steps?)
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT glitch (steps) [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:

That's because the 920 does not have the True Up feature, but the 230 does.

Try not to drown / rock the bike / hobby-jog
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT glitch (steps) [N+1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I did not know that.
Quote Reply
Re: Garmin 920 XT glitch (steps) [fritsiexx] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
fritsiexx wrote:
Does it happen on swimdays? I believe I have seen it happening here. (swimstrokes counted as steps?)

I was about ready to say that perhaps they changed the algo and were no longer counting steps I accrue while running in my daily total. But that doesn't seem to be the case. I've run each of the last two days and the difference between watch-steps and app-steps are no where near the number that I must have done while running.

Definitely happening every day now, I don't get it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the step counting feature disabled but mine's assessment of cadence on the treadmill appears to be fine. I've not noticed any other issues either. Except that it REFUSES to connect to my phone via BT.

---------------------------------------------------------------

https://connect.garmin.com/modern/profile/domingjm
Quote Reply