Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Canyon Ultimate - Moving Di2 Battery
Quote | Reply
Going to be traveling to and around Europe this summer with my new Canyon. Due to the amount of air travel, I'm going to have to be removing the Di2 battery quite often. Thinking that it may be easier to move the battery from the down tube (just above BB) to inside the seat post. Anyone done this or have any suggestions. Seems like it would less hassle to do this than to travel with a bearing press and have to remove the BB 3-4 times just to comply with the airline's regulations.

Based on what I've found, the Ultimate has a BB92, so the BB would have to be removed each time in order to access the battery and cradle. Seems like a huge PITA that would be better served, even in the short term, by getting a longer Di2 wire and stuffing it up inside the post.

Thanks

Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Ultimate - Moving Di2 Battery [Twotter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
never heard of putting battery in downtube.. not really the best way. I've always had it in the seatpost itself or seattube. Canyon really put it there from factory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't know if it's different in Europe ... but I've flown with my bike a couple of times in the states and they've never asked me to remove my battery
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Fit it in the steerer tube. You can have a really tidy setup, and then you just remove the steerer top cap to remove the battery.
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Ultimate - Moving Di2 Battery [spntrxi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
spntrxi wrote:
never heard of putting battery in downtube.. not really the best way. I've always had it in the seatpost itself or seattube. Canyon really put it there from factory.

Brain fart on my part, I meant to say seat tube. Then again, I can't say for sure where they put it, b/c I haven't removed the BB to get in and have a look.

To answer a question from another poster - I've seen a number of mentions on airlines' policies that Lithium Ion batteries cannot be put in checked baggage and must be carried on:
From American Airlines: "Please remove batteries from devices in your checked bags and put them in your carry-on in separate plastic bags."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Twotter wrote:
spntrxi wrote:

Brain fart on my part, I meant to say seat tube. Then again, I can't say for sure where they put it, b/c I haven't removed the BB to get in and have a look.

To answer a question from another poster - I've seen a number of mentions on airlines' policies that Lithium Ion batteries cannot be put in checked baggage and must be carried on:
From American Airlines: "Please remove batteries from devices in your checked bags and put them in your carry-on in separate plastic bags."

only thing that should be in the downtube is a junction.. just pull the seatpost out..and lookdown the seat tube...likely the battery is down there or in the post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
looking at getting the same bike...sorry if this is a very silly question but how do you charge the battery? The di2 bike i have from a few years ago has the battery mounted externally on the downtube and you easily remove it for charging
Quote Reply
Re: Canyon Ultimate - Moving Di2 Battery [wahoowatri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You plug the charger into the A Junction.
Quote Reply