Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Probably the cheapest option in that case might be to place a regular bottle (Trohans aero 20/30;Profile....) there and tape a plastic sheet to it for a nice fairing to the steerer tube.
This can’t be called cheating anymore since the PD aeria ultimate bottle....cause it’s a none structural part, let’s call it fairing, right there.
The plus From the aero30 over the ultimate bottle from my POV is the weight is place a little lower and closer to the steerer.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoki wrote:
This can’t be called cheating anymore since the PD aeria ultimate bottle....cause it’s a none structural part, let’s call it fairing, right there.

I'm not confident in your interpretation.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
shoki wrote:

I'm not confident in your interpretation.

I mean, Gary p wants a none expensive aero option for the front
So why not using something like I said and tape the gap with some plastic or whatever to get the same result
I know to put something just for fairing is not legal BUT I don’t see any difference in this factory made fairing, got nothing structural as far as I see it in the pictures.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My bottle should arrive this week to test on a Neil Pryde 48cm, 100 Aeria Stem and TRP 860 brake.

Pretty much expecting it not to fit now

1) Suspect it would need 5mm more stack clearance from front tyre
2) bottle would found 860 brake with cable stop fit fitted. Might fit with 860 cover removed.

I've an Omega-X to solve 2).

A small shallower bottle with 1 cm less stack for 48 and 51 would mean they'll have coverage across pretty much every frame size. As the NP is about as low you can get without going to 650b wheels
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [emerywd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
emerywd wrote:

A small shallower bottle with 1 cm less stack for 48 and 51 would mean they'll have coverage across pretty much every frame size. As the NP is about as low you can get without going to 650b wheels

Unfortunately that's not going to happen, they're so expensive to make that multiple sizes are not realistic.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ive already been googling 'plastic hot knife' in anticipation of that!
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tried it on my Dimond but the magnetic cover of the Superfork will be in the way.
Last edited by: campled: Jan 18, 18 0:11
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you still need the brake cover if you have the AU system though?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
campled wrote:
I tried it on my Dimond but the magnetic cover of the Superfork will be in the way.

70 or 100mm stem. Yeah, no way it works with the 70mm stem but fits fine on the 100mm.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Jan 18, 18 4:49
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [imswimmer328] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
imswimmer328 wrote:
Do you still need the brake cover if you have the AU system though?

Yes, see my pics.

Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bitchin' Camaro

The GMAN wrote:
campled wrote:

70 or 100mm stem. Yeah, no way it works with the 70mm stem but fits fine on the 100mm.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haha. When I installed it the first thing I thought of was the Bullet from Mario Kart.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I see now. Thx. Nice looking setup!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am using an ENVE stem and was hoping I can retrofit the bottle since it has a similar shape.
However it doesn't.
Now trying to order the Aeria 100mm stem but out of stock all over.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have the 70mm stem for sale in the Classifieds if anyone is interested. Still brand new and never used.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if there are any plans by PD to add tilt adjustability to the older Aeria Aerobar?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There is something on the way for later this year.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you know if this bottle set up would work with a p5-6 with the beard extending out beyond headtube or could it fit if you remove beard? Or maybe the gusset can essentially be a beard replacement?

Also does the bottle only need the Aeria stem for compatibility or does it also need to Ultimate Aeria Aerobar? I have regular carbon Aeria so if I bought the ultimate stem, would the bottle fit with that set up?
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Jan 27, 18 4:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
is that Enve stem not "slammable"?

campled wrote:
I am using an ENVE stem and was hoping I can retrofit the bottle since it has a similar shape.
However it doesn't.
Now trying to order the Aeria 100mm stem but out of stock all over.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will need to cut off the top of the brake cover if i slam the Enve stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [snny] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snny,

Any issues with the brakes with how the front cable is bent? I have an Ordu OMP as well and considering this setup although my one concern is the brake and also getting my stack and reach right.
Last edited by: kart17: Jan 27, 18 7:59
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it won't hit your headtube?

thanks

campled wrote:
Will need to cut off the top of the brake cover if i slam the Enve stem.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Beard only works with Aduro bar/stem. Bottle only works with AU stem, so you can't have both. Not that you need both as shown below.
Astrid hadn't cut the gusset to match her head tube cleanly, she just has the brake covers, no beard.

You don't need the AU bar, just the stem. Which fits fine with original Aeria.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you for the reply. I plan to try this set up.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [kart17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kart17 wrote:
I have an Ordu OMP as well and considering this setup although my one concern is the brake and also getting my stack and reach right.

What size is your Ordu and what is your pad XYZ (to rear centre of pads, including cushion)?
Quote Reply

Prev Next