Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense
Quote | Reply
Not a big fan of hers (or the current guy), and if it's her and Donny Two-Scoops squaring off against each other in 2020 I'm simply not going to vote for anyone, or vote ever again. Because our republic will have doomed itself at that point and I'll be too busy constructing my tar paper shack in the Montana wilds to -- or up on Ruby Ridge -- to really care all that much about the former America. ;-)

"Winfrey’s role in this controversy dates back to 2007, when she brought Jenny McCarthy, the Playboy model and actress, onto her show to talk about autism. McCarthy’s young son, Evan, had suffered a series of seizures at two-and-a-half years old and was later diagnosed with autism. McCarthy was adamant that the MMR vaccination Evan received as a baby caused his autism. On the show, McCarthy told Oprah she had been instinctually uncomfortable with allowing the doctor to give her son the vaccine. “I said to the doctor, I have a very bad feeling about this shot,” McCarthy recounted. “This is the autism shot, isn’t it?”

On the show, McCarthy’s claims went virtually unchallenged. Winfrey praised McCarthy as a “mother warrior” and plugged her book Louder Than Words: A Mother’s Journey in Healing Autism, which inaccurately suggests childhood vaccinations contribute to autism. Winfrey did read a brief statement from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which said there was no scientific evidence of a connection and that scientists were continuing to study the causes of autism. “It is important to remember, vaccines protect and save lives. Vaccines protect infants, children and adults from the unnecessary harm and premature death caused by vaccine-preventable diseases,” the CDC statement concluded. But McCarthy had the final word. “My science is named Evan, and he’s at home,” she said. “That’s my science.”"

I recall some pundit the other day calling Oprah Winfrey "America's preeminent snake oil salesman." Personally, I think it's Gwyneth "Goop" Paltrow, but Winfrey (and the guy in the White House, to tell the truth) are pretty high up on that list. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last summer I told my wife that if Trump won I would be very worried about the people of the US. She told me over the weekend that if 2020 is Oprah v. Trump we are packing up.

No idea if we would be moving to Canada or Saturn.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [j p o] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:
Last summer I told my wife that if Trump won I would be very worried about the people of the US. She told me over the weekend that if 2020 is Oprah v. Trump we are packing up.

Canada wouldn't have us.

You think maybe we could volunteer as lab rats for Elon Musk and his Mars flight? ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

Forget that - I'll be moving to Uranus.
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It may not matter...

Donald J. Trump

âś”@realDonaldTrump

Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!
28 Mar, 2014
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
It may not matter...

Donald J. Trump

âś”@realDonaldTrump

Healthy young child goes to doctor, gets pumped with massive shot of many vaccines, doesn't feel good and changes - AUTISM. Many such cases!
28 Mar, 2014

We're screwed, blued and tattooed. I think Ruby Ridge may become my destination even sooner. ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
j p o wrote:

This is not illogical. Not moving because of Trump is sort of a wow, what did the electorate do, or wow, Hillary was that bad, or wow, Obama was more divisive than we thought. We'll have to weather this storm. Trump was a reaction and America will learn its lesson.

If Oprah wins its more of a Holy Shit, America really is full of vapid idiots. This is going to continue. Let's get the fuck out!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
j p o wrote:

Canada wouldn't have us.

You think maybe we could volunteer as lab rats for Elon Musk and his Mars flight? ;-)

And won't be able to climb over the wall on the Southern border.....
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
It may not matter...

Donald J. Trump

âś”@realDonaldTrump

28 Mar, 2014

Slightly off topic, but TrumpCriticizesTrump could be the single best subreddit in the directory.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He was hacked, like Anderson pooperscopper.
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
j p o wrote:

Hmmmmmm, that idea has some merit. We could become Brown 25 miners! ;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
It may not matter...

Donald J. Trump

âś”@realDonaldTrump

28 Mar, 2014

We're screwed, blued and tattooed. I think Ruby Ridge may become my destination even sooner. ;-)

Grew up south of there in the Coeur d'Alene/Post Falls area...be aware you're going to see a lot of Trump bumper stickers.

On a related note I get the impression our completely brilliant and totally stable leader has been such a tweeter (that's a thing, right?) over the years that you could find tweets on a multitude of topics where he expressed pretty much all viewpoints. That must be the key to being totally brilliant (I wouldn't know!)..you're able to hold all viewpoints on all topics!

...whatever the case..yeah..we're all f'd.
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah, its like no one ever has had an opinion then changed it! OMG.

What should he be aware of regarding those bumper stickers? Do they attack or something? He will be safer there than say, LA, NYC, Chi Town
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:

What should he be aware of regarding those bumper stickers? Do they attack or something? He will be safer there than say, LA, NYC, Chi Town

If I go there, it's solely because I'll be LEFT ALONE. Folks in Idaho and Montana are good at that. :-)

Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [dvfmfidc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:

He clearly does not care for either Candidate Oprah or our brilliant and stable leader..hence he should be aware there are a bunch of bumper stickers for one of them in the area

Stop being so offended and OMG-ish. It's a fun thread about someone moving to the sticks because both of those people suck.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:

Or in political circles and high society, a flip-flopper. Most often caused by opposition outrage or political/social gain. Not on my team - a flip flopper. On my team - they have every right to change their mind. Cake for everyone!
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [Skipjack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Don't tell me what to do, your not the boss of me...and if you cant see sarcasm, maybe you should move on over the womens thread.

Oprah is a candidate? For what?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dvfmfidc wrote:
Don't tell me what to do, your not the boss of me...and if you cant see sarcasm, maybe you should move on over the womens thread.

Oprah is a candidate? For what?

I'm going to head over to the TIL thread and let them know that today I learned women can't "see" sarcasm!

Alll kidding aside listing Oprah as a candidate was a joke good sir.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
missed it again!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
It may not matter...

Donald J. Trump

âś”@realDonaldTrump

28 Mar, 2014

sunny california and its $15 billion rainy day fund, and all the vaccines you want, will take care of you. plus, we won't tell ICE you're here.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you mean 15 dollars in bitcoins for that rainy day fund!
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Slowman wrote:
big kahuna wrote:
Kay Serrar wrote:
It may not matter...

Donald J. Trump

âś”@realDonaldTrump

28 Mar, 2014

sunny california and its $15 billion rainy day fund, and all the vaccines you want, will take care of you. plus, we won't tell ICE you're here.

Hmmmmmm... that's a tempting offer!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
big kahuna wrote:

Did you just quote a song by Sleeze Beez?

"...the street finds its own uses for things"
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
rick_pcfl wrote:
j p o wrote:

-
uhhh, not that there's anything wrong with that.
Quote Reply
Re: Reminder: Oprah Helped Spread Anti-Vaxxer Nonsense [AutomaticJack] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AutomaticJack wrote:
big kahuna wrote:

Did you just quote a song by Sleeze Beez?

Ya know, sir... I'm not actually the Neanderthalic right-wing cretin that I frequently play on TV. ;-)

Quote Reply

Prev Next