Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
another round of bans...lost count

Is vitus gone? What a dick. Unless he's been banned. In which case I have nothing to say.

Seriously, who has been added to the naughty list? I cannot keep track?

Re: another round of bans...lost count [ajthomas] [ In reply to ]

It doesn't appear that Vitus came down with a case of the bans. Looks like he's sitting it out right now instead. Whether or not that was of his own volition or an ask from above is anyone's guess. Doesn't matter, though.

ajthomas wrote:
Is vitus gone? What a dick. Unless he's been banned. In which case I have nothing to say.

he has not been banned. if he's not posting it's because he doesn't want to post.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Well, and I can't believe I noticed this, it has been 3 days since h2ofun has been on.....

Re: another round of bans...lost count [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Cruzevegas?

who's smarter than you're? i'm!

Re: another round of bans...lost count [veganerd] [ In reply to ]

Quite possibly. His profile can't accept PMs right now, so he may have been banned or deregistered. Last logged on mid last week, though, Thurs 1/4. I thought this ban stuff didn't start happening until a couple of days later, though. I could never remember the spelling of his username -- CruseVegas.

veganerd wrote:
Cruzevegas?

We can't go around assuming anybody who takes time off is banned. Lots of people take breaks from the LR, sometimes long ones and come back when they're re-energized and want to play again.

Re: another round of bans...lost count [Slowman] [ In reply to ]

Slowman wrote:
he has not been banned. if he's not posting it's because he doesn't want to post.

This is what he told me last night:

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR

I'm sorry to hear that Vitus isn't posting, under any circumstances.

With ESM's, MJuric's, and Vitus's voices muted, who will carry the banner of intelligent, reasonable counterpoint to the idealists here?

patf, rick_pcfl, spot... Can you guys pick up the slack?

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."

Re: another round of bans...lost count [JSA] [ In reply to ]

I thought you were working late last night:

I hope Blep is still here. That guy knew how ti have a good time! Just sayin'. ;-)

Swimming Workout of the Day:

Favourite Swim Sets:

2020 National Masters Champion - M50-54 - 50m Butterfly

Re: another round of bans...lost count [MOP_Mike] [ In reply to ]

MOP_Mike wrote:

With ESM's, MJuric's, and Vitus's voices muted, who will carry the banner of intelligent, reasonable counterpoint to the idealists here?

Id agree with you on a couple of those guys...

who's smarter than you're? i'm!

MOP_Mike wrote:

Counterpoint to the idealists? Just questioning, because I'd consider the first two to be hardcore ideologues, and the 3rd not very far behind. I don't intend that as a pejorative, just a description: the arguments of ESM, for example, are strongly colored by his vision of the ideal world being one that adhered to his particular ESM-branded of school of libertarianism. And I think "pragmatist" was something of a dirty word to the first two.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 9, 18 14:25

MOP_Mike wrote:

I count it quite the compliment to be included in that list. I will say that 8-10 years ago (and less) - nobody would have counted me as someone capable of providing a reasonable counterpoint to the idealists.

I have to give all the credit for my change in disposition to the people here who post thoughtful, intelligent and considerate opinions. My viewpoints on a number of things have changed as a result of the two-sided discussions that take place here. Had I been a participant of the conservative forums - I would still probably hold all conservative opinions.

<edit> Ow crap. I think I sprained my shoulder patting myself on the back. :)
Last edited by: rick_pcfl: Jan 9, 18 14:25

Re: another round of bans...lost count [rick_pcfl] [ In reply to ]

rick_pcfl wrote:

<edit> Ow crap. I think I sprained my neck...... :)

FIFY

Re: another round of bans...lost count [JSA] [ In reply to ]

JSA wrote:
Slowman wrote:

This is what he told me last night:

yeah, as i recall he was pretty stridently against the bans. heated. but there you go. i piss off thousands every day. part of my job.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman

Re: another round of bans...lost count [trail] [ In reply to ]

trail wrote:
MOP_Mike wrote:

Counterpoint to the idealists? Just questioning, because I'd consider the first two to be hardcore ideologues, and the 3rd not very far behind. I don't intend that as a pejorative, just a description: the arguments of ESM, for example, are strongly colored by his vision of the ideal world being one that adhered to his particular ESM-branded of school of libertarianism. And I think "pragmatist" was something of a dirty word to the first two.

You have a good point. I chose the word "idealist" as a less offensive alternative a lot of more pejorative terms, in keeping with my new-found desire to not be unnecessarily confrontational here. But, I suppose my intent was more towards countering "authoritarian collectivism" which I regard as naively idealistic, and of which there is a strong streak here in the LR, hence the inclusion of ESM on the list.

As an honorable mention, I'd also like to nominate dave_w to carry on in vitus's absence.

In the mean time, IIRC, vitus doesn't live far from me. So, I may look him up and buy him a beer. :-)

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."

It appears that it’s at least Duffy, Windywave, CruseVegas, and Old Hickory. Any others?

ajthomas wrote:

Re: another round of bans...lost count [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]

Trump's balls will never be dirty again.

MidwestRoadie wrote:
It appears that it’s at least Duffy, Windywave, CruseVegas, and Old Hickory. Any others?

ajthomas wrote:

Re: another round of bans...lost count [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]

Old hickory is gone?!?

Halle-freakin-lujah!!!

Time to strip down and start dancing in the streets. I'll brb.

Long Chile was a silly place.

Re: another round of bans...lost count [BCtriguy1] [ In reply to ]

BCtriguy1 wrote:
Old hickory is gone?!?

Halle-freakin-lujah!!!

A bit surprised by this one. He never added anything to the conversation, but I never felt he was derogatory in any way. He was the Flavor Flav to the slowtwitch right. They would talk and he would just come in behind with a "yeah boyeeee."

Re: another round of bans...lost count [TimeIsUp] [ In reply to ]

TimeIsUp wrote:
BCtriguy1 wrote:
Old hickory is gone?!?

Halle-freakin-lujah!!!

A bit surprised by this one. He never added anything to the conversation, but I never felt he was derogatory in any way. He was the Flavor Flav to the slowtwitch right. They would talk and he would just come in behind with a "yeah boyeeee."

I don't think the banhammer has been wielded as much as we're supposing it has. I just think some folks have decided to cool off (or go sit in a corner and sulk, take your pick) for awhile after the estimable Mr. Duffy -- with whom a few of them greatly sympathized -- determined to commit such a public display of Lavender Room suicide.

By the way; I agree with Lieutenant Dan's demurrals when it comes to laying down some sort of hard-and-fast list of things that'll get you hit by the banhammer. Once you do that some folks will immediately start litigating the list and others will turn it into holy writ, with them demanding that even the smallest violations be punishable by internet death.

Next thing you know, there's a star chamber up and running and that's when the real fun begins. ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."

Re: another round of bans...lost count [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]

So to recap, who do we think we lost in the recent melee?

Duffy, Windy, Old Hickory, BLeP, CruseVegas, h2ofun...

Can anyone confirm or deny these and/or others?

If we lost h2ofun, does the tri forum even realise yet?

Re: another round of bans...lost count [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]

The report of my ban has been greatly exaggerated.

How does Danny Hart sit down with balls that big?

Re: another round of bans...lost count [BLeP] [ In reply to ]

BLeP wrote:
The report of my ban has been greatly exaggerated.

Well that's a relief.

Funny story. When I was about 6 years old, two ladies suddenly showed up at my house and when they saw my dad they flung themselves on him and said thank goodness you're still alive! Somehow a rumour had gone around the community (we lived on an island) that he had died. I think they were colleagues of his and it must have been the weekend, although I really can't recall the details very well. Pretty sure my mom was home at the time too. It was very odd.

Prev Next