Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Talk about censorship!
Quote | Reply
Oh, the humanity!

FWIW, IMO, you have to be pretty freakin' stupid to not see this as inappropriate.

Four weeks into the Cincinnati Premier Youth Basketball League’s season, parents of players on a team from West Clermont, Ohio, saw that the team from Kings Mills, Ohio, against whom their children were playing was named “The Wet Dream Team.” They also noticed that the names on the backs of the high-school-aged boys’ jerseys included phrases like “Knee Grow” and “Coon.”

Tony Rue, a parent of a West Clermont player, highlighted the eyebrow-raising jerseys in a lengthy Facebook post asking how such attire, and such a team name, was deemed appropriate for a league that hosts players from grades two through 12.

“By no means are we perfect parents or assume our teenage boys are innocent and don’t speak of things like this, but I could never imagine allowing my teenage son to represent his school and league in this manner, let alone representing our family with such filth,” Rue wrote. “[…] There is enough hate, bullying, and aggressive behavior in the world that these kids, parents, and schools shouldn’t have to deal with bigotry and lewd innuendos on jerseys and in team names in a school district represented recreational basketball league. This isn’t a typo, this isn’t a mistake, these are ideas that were thought of, discussed, agreed upon by adults and kids alike, printed on uniforms, social media accounts registered and manned and no one thought this was a bad idea or inappropriate?”

https://www.yahoo.com/...rseys-185930020.html

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Talk about censorship! [JSA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
May I?

Wow. Just, wow!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Classy!

Im on the board of directors for my cities little league and im in charge of the coaches. Any one of them allowed nonsense like that, theyd be gone.

who's smarter than you're? i'm!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't know what's harder to believe. That the kids thought this would be funny and couldn't possible backfire. Or that it wasn't shut down immediately. Especially the names on the jerseys.

"I think I've cracked the code. double letters are cheaters except for perfect squares (a, d, i, p and y). So Leddy isn't a cheater... "
Quote Reply
Re: Talk about censorship! [Kay Serrar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Kay Serrar wrote:
May I?

Wow. Just, wow!

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

Emery's Third Coast Triathlon | Tri Wisconsin Triathlon Team | Push Endurance | GLWR
Quote Reply
Re: Talk about censorship! [Leddy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Leddy wrote:
I don't know what's harder to believe. That the kids thought this would be funny and couldn't possible backfire. Or that it wasn't shut down immediately. Especially the names on the jerseys.

That's what blows my mind. According to the article, it was four weeks into the season before someone complained and/or action was taken. WTF?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
JSA wrote:
Oh, the humanity!

FWIW, IMO, you have to be pretty freakin' stupid to not see this as inappropriate.

Four weeks into the Cincinnati Premier Youth Basketball League’s season, parents of players on a team from West Clermont, Ohio, saw that the team from Kings Mills, Ohio, against whom their children were playing was named “The Wet Dream Team.” They also noticed that the names on the backs of the high-school-aged boys’ jerseys included phrases like “Knee Grow” and “Coon.”

Tony Rue, a parent of a West Clermont player, highlighted the eyebrow-raising jerseys in a lengthy Facebook post asking how such attire, and such a team name, was deemed appropriate for a league that hosts players from grades two through 12.

“By no means are we perfect parents or assume our teenage boys are innocent and don’t speak of things like this, but I could never imagine allowing my teenage son to represent his school and league in this manner, let alone representing our family with such filth,” Rue wrote. “[…] There is enough hate, bullying, and aggressive behavior in the world that these kids, parents, and schools shouldn’t have to deal with bigotry and lewd innuendos on jerseys and in team names in a school district represented recreational basketball league. This isn’t a typo, this isn’t a mistake, these are ideas that were thought of, discussed, agreed upon by adults and kids alike, printed on uniforms, social media accounts registered and manned and no one thought this was a bad idea or inappropriate?”

Apparently the league didn't see it as inappropriate until someone pointed it out 3 weeks into the season. How does it go on that long?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
“The Wet Dream Team.”

That's pretty funny.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Talk about censorship! [bluemonkeytri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bluemonkeytri wrote:
JSA wrote:
Oh, the humanity!

Apparently the league didn't see it as inappropriate until someone pointed it out 3 weeks into the season. How does it go on that long?

How does it go that long without someone punching one of the idiots.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is this really a "teachable moment" or are the adults who enabled it and the youth who participated in it just c$$ts?

I think i am 50/50 at this point but leaning towards c$$ts
Quote Reply
Re: Talk about censorship! [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I agree. Apparently there is a whole world out there that I had no idea existed.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's funny. I live in Clermont County right down the road from this I'll have to watch the evening news tonight.

I miss YaHey
Quote Reply