http://www.cnn.com/2018/01/08/us/southern-california-evacuations/index.html

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: California now evacuations because of rain [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
len wrote:

Hey, bro? Don't you know? It never rains in Southern California. Hell, it never rains in California. But don't they warn ya? It pours, man, it pours... ;-)

"Politics is just show business for ugly people."
Quote Reply
Re: California now evacuations because of rain [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes when it rains it pours.

They constantly try to escape from the darkness outside and within
Dreaming of systems so perfect that no one will need to be good T.S. Eliot

Quote Reply
Re: California now evacuations because of rain [len] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is pretty standard for CA. The joke is there are 4 seasons in CA: Spring, Summer, Fire and Flood (in VT, is they are Winter, Winter, Still Winter and Construction). When hilly areas gets completely charred they flow when they get any sizable amount of rain.
Quote Reply
Re: California now evacuations because of rain [torrey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
torrey wrote:
That is pretty standard for CA. The joke is there are 4 seasons in CA: Spring, Summer, Fire and Flood (in VT, is they are Winter, Winter, Still Winter and Construction). When hilly areas gets completely charred they flow when they get any sizable amount of rain.
Partially true. 3.5 seasons would be more accurate because the flooding does not happen every Winter or Spring but when it does, a lot of damage is done.
So far getting to and out of Santa Barbara seems to be at a stand still. At 5:45a the rain came down very hard. Pouring like buckets and that was just a sample of what is expected to come. Like the fires, the shit ain’t no joke.

Quote | Reply
Surprised that La Conchita area in between Ventura and Carpinteria didn't have problems. I imagine that Oprah can continue her campaigning and the following doesn't affect her. I think the only people that this affects are possibly just people trying to use the Hwy 101 to get north and south, and the unfortunate people who somehow died.

http://www.kvta.com/news/

Gnothi Seauton.
Last edited by: Ready4Launch: Jan 9, 18 13:10
Quote Reply
Re: California now evacuations because of rain [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
Surprised that La Conchita area in between Ventura and Carpinteria didn't have problems. I imagine that Oprah can continue her campaigning and the following doesn't affect her. I think the only people that this affects are possibly just people trying to use the Hwy 101 to get north and south, and the unfortunate people who somehow died.

Aside from you joking about Oprah, nine people have lost their lives with this rain storm since yesterday and it isn’t yet over.

Quote | Reply
Holy crap. Was that a highway before, now buried in mudslides from the embankments? I'm guessing that vegetation in the middle is the median?

I'll stop complaining about how cold I am and the snow now. And I'll stop complaining about not being able to ride my bike outside yet. Comparatively, we have it good here in Michigan. Stay safe and best of luck!!

travelmama wrote:
Ready4Launch wrote:

Aside from you joking about Oprah, nine people have lost their lives with this rain storm since yesterday and it isn’t yet over.
Quote Reply
Re: California now evacuations because of rain [MidwestRoadie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:
Holy crap. Was that a highway before, now buried in mudslides from the embankments? I'm guessing that vegetation in the middle is the median?

I'll stop complaining about how cold I am and the snow now. And I'll stop complaining about not being able to ride my bike outside yet. Comparatively, we have it good here in Michigan. Stay safe and best of luck!!

travelmama wrote:
Ready4Launch wrote:

Yes, the 101 is a mess and has been since 4:30a. Freeways in LA are flooded, urban rivers are reaching capacity and snow falling. It is bad but the fires burning off vegetation makes it all worse. The snow storm most of the nation is experiencing is far worse than this.

Quote | Reply
len wrote:

I've been in the LA area since Sunday night and it has been raining since early Monday morning. I left a lot of snow and freezing temperatures with people who couldn't drive in the snow to an area in the high 60's and people who can't drive in the rain.

_____
TEAM HD
Each day is what you make of it so make it the best day possible.
Quote Reply
Re: California now evacuations because of rain [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did you not read my post in full? And, all Ventura County evacuations have been lifted.

Gnothi Seauton.
Quote Reply
Re: California now evacuations because of rain [Ready4Launch] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ready4Launch wrote:
Did you not read my post in full? And, all Ventura County evacuations have been lifted.
Yes and why do you ask?

Quote | Reply
MidwestRoadie wrote:

travelmama wrote:
Ready4Launch wrote:

Cali has seen some crazy stuff, i’m glad i’m not there (for many reasons, but this is just the cherry on top.)

However I also want to say that it’s never too cold to ride... my buddy and I just did a lap last week on the lake... ;)
Quote Reply
Re: California now evacuations because of rain [TheRef65] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TheRef65 wrote:
[I left a lot of snow and freezing temperatures with people who couldn't drive in the snow to an area in the high 60's and people who can't drive in the rain.

So what you're saying is 'people can't drive'.

Agreed.
Quote Reply