Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I received the HSF Aeria bottle a couple of days ago. Installed it yesterday and it fits on my Dimond, barely, but it fits. No way it would have worked with the 70mm stem as it would not have cleared the Dimond's brake cover.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would you mind sharing a few photos?
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This looks pretty awesome...nice to see the computer mount moving forward....my preference is computer between the bar tips (learned from a st poster).....that way you can push buttons in aero and you can read it with the minimum movement of eyes from the road
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [frenchieTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frenchieTT wrote:
would you mind sharing a few photos?

It might be a bit before I can get some pics. My cockpit is currently a work in progress that I will finish up in a couple of weeks.

Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No worries. How much does the hydration goes down below the stem?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [frenchieTT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
frenchieTT wrote:

This is the question I would like answered. From the bottom of the stem to the bottom of the hydration reservoir, what's the length?

I sort of wonder if there is any bike with a TriRig Omega X or any external brake that would accommodate this bottle when the bar is at or close to the lowest configuration.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
frenchieTT wrote:

This is the question I would like answered. From the bottom of the stem to the bottom of the hydration reservoir, what's the length?

I sort of wonder if there is any bike with a TriRig Omega X or any external brake that would accommodate this bottle when the bar is at or close to the lowest configuration.
Yep, me too.
Thinking about the bar/stem/hydration combo on my B10 with omega x.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No chance on your setup I would guess.

However, a flat kit or some such could be fashioned to hide the rest of your front end.

You know who to call for that.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [chicanery] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just yesterday, I received 2 of the hydration kits from Ceepo to go on my Viper-R frames. I have 2 of the bottles, but only 1 stem at the moment. The other stem is still to be shipped out. I mocked it up on my frame, and it looks good.

The stem is 100mm length, and rather heavy. The computer mount can be removed, and a second cover that's smooth fits in its place. The straw is big, and has a strong magnet to keep it folded down. The fill hole has 2 layers of star-slit-cuts to keep upspalsh down.

Happy to answer any questions.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah,could you measure from the bottom of the stem to the bottom of the bottle / fairing. Thanks

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, it's not the clearest photo I could snap. Hope it helps.

Team Zoot-Texas, and Pickle Juice
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [Taugen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanx a lot,another shot measured at the steerer would be highly appreciated.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So that flat black (rubber maybe) material under the stem/behind bottle, do you trim that for best fit?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [WatsonNh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WatsonNh wrote:
So that flat black (rubber maybe) material under the stem/behind bottle, do you trim that for best fit?

Yes.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that I finally have some of the bottles.
The unofficial answer to the question of "how low can you go with the HSF Aeria?"

The frame pictured has stack of 517mm, the headtube + headset cover is 110mm
The stem shown is the long (100mm) option

With a normal brake caliper

You can see that there is plenty of clearance vertically
The problem arises when we consider the caliper arm sticking out

It would be necessary to cut the gusset short of the head tube to provide clearance for the arm.
Could potentially fit on a slightly shorter headtube but would be a case of checking for a particular frame and caliper.
Would not fit with the 70mm stem at this height (arm would hit bottle).

Easier if we move on to centre routed calipers

The Magura would be beautifully hidden away. Once the gusset is fitted there would only be another 4mm clearance to the top of the caliper, so a 51cm NP2/3 or P5-Three would need a spacer under the stem to make it to 522 (as the absolute minimum) stack of frame +headset+spacers
Would not fit with the 70mm stem at this stack height

This image will likely not feature in the official fitting guide, but this mechanical centrepull caliper goes very nicely with the bottle.

Plenty of clearance. In fact you could go 20mm lower (probably, again this would require checking). Which brings it into scope for a 48 NP with a spacer under the stem.
Marginal on a 48 QR PR Series but good for a 50 (will not fit these sizes with a Shimano caliper)
Will it fit a 51 P4 with the steerer cut so short that you can't fit a spacer under the stem...No.

And finally - with the gusset on. Needs to be cut to match the headtube better. Will do that later.
Will attempt to put my bike together so I can field test too.

Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perfect,thanx a lot for the effort to show it with different brakes.

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Would love to see this mounted on a felt IAx..

Am I reading that the bottle fits better with the 100mm stem?

Do we know if much testing has been done on rough roads with these? I had a garmin bike computer go flying at frankfurt this year when my torhans mount snapped :(
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [paulmartin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
paulmartin wrote:
Am I reading that the bottle fits better with the 100mm stem?

That's probably bike and bike size dependent. As I mentioned earlier, the bottle would not fit on my bike if I had the 70mm stem. Dimond has a brake cover that protrudes out a fair bit and I barely clear it with the 100mm stem. My Dimond is a size M, which is equivalent to a L or 56 from other bike manufacturers.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for this

cyclenutnz wrote:
Now that I finally have some of the bottles.
The unofficial answer to the question of "how low can you go with the HSF Aeria?"

The frame pictured has stack of 517mm, the headtube + headset cover is 110mm
The stem shown is the long (100mm) option

With a normal brake caliper

You can see that there is plenty of clearance vertically
The problem arises when we consider the caliper arm sticking out

It would be necessary to cut the gusset short of the head tube to provide clearance for the arm.
Could potentially fit on a slightly shorter headtube but would be a case of checking for a particular frame and caliper.
Would not fit with the 70mm stem at this height (arm would hit bottle).

Easier if we move on to centre routed calipers

The Magura would be beautifully hidden away. Once the gusset is fitted there would only be another 4mm clearance to the top of the caliper, so a 51cm NP2/3 or P5-Three would need a spacer under the stem to make it to 522 (as the absolute minimum) stack of frame +headset+spacers
Would not fit with the 70mm stem at this stack height

This image will likely not feature in the official fitting guide, but this mechanical centrepull caliper goes very nicely with the bottle.

Plenty of clearance. In fact you could go 20mm lower (probably, again this would require checking). Which brings it into scope for a 48 NP with a spacer under the stem.
Marginal on a 48 QR PR Series but good for a 50 (will not fit these sizes with a Shimano caliper)
Will it fit a 51 P4 with the steerer cut so short that you can't fit a spacer under the stem...No.

And finally - with the gusset on. Needs to be cut to match the headtube better. Will do that later.
Will attempt to put my bike together so I can field test too.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:

What caliper is that?

"They're made of latex, not nitroglycerin"
Last edited by: gary p: Jan 9, 18 6:14
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tririg Omega

-shoki
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
shoki wrote:
Tririg Omega

Ah, I was hoping there was a cheaper option. Not sure the tri-rig is worth the $ since most of the aero goodness is hidden under the shroud. Wonder if a Campag rear TT brake could be configured to work? They're only ~$40.

Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny talking bout pricing of a brake while thinking bout a 150$ waterbottle.;-) (not to mention the stem or the bar)

-shoki
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
shoki wrote:
Funny talking bout pricing of a brake while thinking bout a 150$ waterbottle.;-) (not to mention the stem or the bar)

Well, I'm looking a the the stem/bottle combo as a possible cheap(ish) way to aerodynamically tidy up the front end of a basic tri bike. The fact that it holds water is just a bonus.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
gary p wrote:

Ah, I was hoping there was a cheaper option. Not sure the tri-rig is worth the $ since most of the aero goodness is hidden under the shroud. Wonder if a Campag rear TT brake could be configured to work? They're only ~$40.

That bugs me too. Testing is limited so far but what has been done shows that the bottle is far more significant than the marginal gains from the centrepull caliper. So it makes a lot more sense to go with the bottle and a cheap brake that doesn't block the gusset. Unfortunately there aren't any cost effective front centrepull calipers now - I can't recommend putting rear brakes on the front in order to use PD product.

Will see if I can find a Transition to test on as that would answer the question in a safe way.
Quote Reply

Prev Next