Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official power2max support thread [Mitchster1979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello!

A loyal and happy P2M customer here... I placed an order for replacement screws and O-ring for the battery compartment on one of my Type S meters. It has been 6 days with no movement according to the UPS tracking (they are still awaiting the shipment). Any idea how long I can expect it to take? The destination is southern California. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi, if your order number is 205841 it has been send the sameday we got the order. I can only check on Monday in the office why it is not yet there but like I said, it went out. I am assuming you got the tracking code information.
Best
Michael
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is indeed the order number, and I was updated by UPS today. The order should arrive on Wednesday, March 1st. I appreciate you looking into it. Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Are you aware of any delays regarding the Power2max NG orders?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [power2max] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
power2max wrote:
Dear slowtwitchers,

opening the official power2max support thread to help with any questions, issues, etc. Feel free to ask away!

Best
Nicolas from power2max

Hey Nicolas,

Not sure if it's already been asked in here but is the Renata battery the only compatible battery for the PM?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [tritygr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
tritygr wrote:

Hey Nicolas,

Not sure if it's already been asked in here but is the Renata battery the only compatible battery for the PM?

Not that I can speak for Nicolas, but I own two Type S power meters, and after the Renata batteries died in each of them, I used a Duracell DL2450 as a replacement with no issues.
Last edited by: robegan99: Mar 2, 17 21:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi there,

I'm pretty sure I want to buy a power2max type s but I'm unsure whether I should get the FSA Gossamer or the Rotor 3D. I am also a bit of a novice regarding bottom brackets, so this is all quite confusing for me.

I'm currently riding a B-TWIN Ultra 920 AF bike with a Shimano Ultegra SM-BB72 Pressfit, so I think that is a BB86. Will this accommodate for either of the Gossamer or the Rotor 3D, without the need to purchase any BB adaptor?

I'm leaning towards the Rotor 3D because of the reduced weight but I understand that the FSA Gossamer is potentially more future proof, is that correct (and why is that)? I imagine that I will probably want to upgrade my bike at some point and with that in mind I want to purchase a power2max that will be transferable to other bikes in the future.

As I said before, I'd rather purchase the Rotor 3D but if it will not be compatible with a wide range of bikes in the future, I'm inclined to go for the Goassmer.

Cheers,

Evan
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [evclem] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
evclem wrote:
Hi there,

I'm pretty sure I want to buy a power2max type s but I'm unsure whether I should get the FSA Gossamer or the Rotor 3D. I am also a bit of a novice regarding bottom brackets, so this is all quite confusing for me.

I'm currently riding a B-TWIN Ultra 920 AF bike with a Shimano Ultegra SM-BB72 Pressfit, so I think that is a BB86. Will this accommodate for either of the Gossamer or the Rotor 3D, without the need to purchase any BB adaptor?

I'm leaning towards the Rotor 3D because of the reduced weight but I understand that the FSA Gossamer is potentially more future proof, is that correct (and why is that)? I imagine that I will probably want to upgrade my bike at some point and with that in mind I want to purchase a power2max that will be transferable to other bikes in the future.

As I said before, I'd rather purchase the Rotor 3D but if it will not be compatible with a wide range of bikes in the future, I'm inclined to go for the Goassmer.

Cheers,

Evan

When you have a Shimano Ultegra crankset on your bike now, so you can use both the FSA Gossamer and the Rotor 3D without adapter.

The choice is entirely yours

My TT bike
BMC TM01
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [robegan99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
robegan99 wrote:
tritygr wrote:

Hey Nicolas,

Not that I can speak for Nicolas, but I own two Type S power meters, and after the Renata batteries died in each of them, I used a Duracell DL2450 as a replacement with no issues.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [tritygr] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's happening with your product list in the European website? No single speed MTB power meter.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I recently attached my new Power2max Type S PM with Rotor 3d+ 110 crankarm with my existing Praxis Works LevaTime 52/36 chainring to my 2015 Specialized Tarmac Elite with Shimano 105 drivetrain. With that being said, it is time to replace my rear 105 11/28t cassette, 105 11 speed chain and Praxis Works 52/36 chainring set at an affordable price since I am a broke fishing guide living in a van down by the river and can't afford the top of the line stuff but I can live off rice and beans for a while which is what I am currently doing already after my power meter purchase.

I like the gearing ratio and am just fine with the 105 cassette and chain but mainly looking for something different than the Praxis chainset for compatibility with the Rotor cranks and Power2max PM. Any and all recommendations would be greatly appreciated so i can drop the hammer and get my drivetrain back to optimum performance.

Cheers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there any issue I should be concerned with in using a power2max type-s spider with a SRAM Force 1 1x setup? The guys at the bike shop warned that the narrow-wide chainring might not work with the power meter.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cloy wrote:
Is there any issue I should be concerned with in using a power2max type-s spider with a SRAM Force 1 1x setup? The guys at the bike shop warned that the narrow-wide chainring might not work with the power meter.

I've been doing that for the past year with no issue that I've noticed. I haven't exactly verified the power numbers by comparing to a 2nd PM mounted at the same time, but neither have I noticed any reason to suspect the #'s I'm getting.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am riding a Type S on my cross bike 1x narrow wide without any problems.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello!
I've got P2M Type S with Rotor Q-rings. Everything worked perfect couple years. 2 monthes ago I've changed Q-rings on Osymetric rings. And P2M began drop connection with Garmin 520 and/or Zwift (PC + Ant+ stick) It happens 1-2 times per 5-6 workouts, and can lasts more than 60 seconds.
Could you recommend something to fix this problem?

BR
Oleg
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [echolot76] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you replaced the battery in that time? If not, it might be time for a fresh one.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quick question :

It seems on the android app there is a calibration factor option available.
Not trying to discuss who has the correct power numbers and who hasn't but let's say somebody has a Powertap hub (non adjustable slope) and a Power2max NG (it seems adjustable slope through Android app) and wanted to get the same numbers on both, would it be possible to adjust Power2max slope until it matches Powertap hub numbers ?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am looking into the one of the P2M power meters and had a few questions before
I make the jump.

Currently have BH with PF30, running gossamer BB30 crank with Force 1x 48 chainring.

I plan to get one of the P2M and down the road will upgrade my bike to a
Cervelo P2 latest gen. Wondering which crank would work for both the BH and
the latest P2. I would like to use 5 arm and have flexibility to use SRAM Force 22
double chainrings, praxis or Force 1x.

I was looking in to Quarq but they said I needed to run the carbon version.
I prefer not to go that route due to costs and don't want to purchase two
separate power meters.

Any thoughts?
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [arteves] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
First, Quarq what said isn't exactly true. They probably said that because the aluminum DZero doesn't come with the a BBright (Cervelo P2) bottom bracket option like the carbon one. But you could easily run an adapter. I run a GXP power meter on my Cervelo S5 with a Wheels Manufacturing adapter. Works great.

That said, given your criteria, the NG or NGeco power meter in SRAM form meets all your options. Force 22, Rival 22, Force 1, etc. You could run Praxis rings on all those, but I'm not aware of any crank-spider power meter that would work with a full Praxis crank.
Last edited by: trail: Jan 8, 18 6:07
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think the poster meant use Praxis chainrings and not a Praxis crankset.
Last edited by: loxx0050: Jan 8, 18 6:14
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey all you P2M owners and soon to be owners I have a 165mm Rotor 3D+ 110 crank set since I messed up and ordered wrong and was thinking 175mm. P2M helped me get the right length after my mistake but since they are slightly used I'm stuck with a sweet pair to trade for 172.5mm or 175mm. If anyone is looking to get 165 and want to trade please let me know since this is for my new endurance race bike build. All I know right now is that I have a Salsa Warbird frame and I want to building it with another P2M power meter and 2x Ultegra Di2.

Cheers
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [cobra_kai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cobra_kai wrote:
Have you replaced the battery in that time? If not, it might be time for a fresh one.

Yes, I've changed the battery at first
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wanted to give the Power2MaxNA team a huge positive shout out here for incredible customer service.
When I bought the PM, part of my decision to go with a Power2Max unit was seeing the positive customer service comments in this thread. That, and seeing many of my buddies deal with issues with their Quarks and PowerTaps.
So, I bought a P2M FSA KForce Light crankset. No troubles at all for many miles of riding, but then...
I started getting a creaking sound from somewhere in/around the cranks. After troubleshooting everything I could think of (cleats, pedals, BB, etc), I noticed there was a hairline crack in the carbon of the left crankarm that went entirely around the self extracting crank bolt. Then I noticed the crankarm had a very slight amount of lateral play, even when the bolt was torqued to spec. The crankarm was coming apart at the crank bolt! Oh crap!
So, I sent an email, with pictures, to Power2Max support. I sent the email at around 6pm on a Saturday evening. Within 30 minutes, I had a reply! After a few emails back and forth with Power2Max support, we had the issue resolved. I received a replacement crankset the next week, along with a prepaid shipping label to send the old ones back.
Many thanks to the crew at Power2MaxNA!
Cheers,
John
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is there a timeline for availability of the new mountain bike power meters in the US? Looks like the euro website got a major overhaul and the US site is a bit outdated.
Quote Reply
Re: Official power2max support thread [Power2maxNA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm looking to pick up an NGeco but before I do I want to double check I've got all the model/bottom bracket/chainring compatibility details sorted out.

I'm on a Scott Plasma 5, Ultegra 6800 Di2, and Shimano BB86 bottom bracket. I am planning to keep the Ultegra chainrings because they shift great, so I'm looking at the NGeco Road Rotor 3D24 (110-4S version). My question is whether the Rotor 3D24 is compatible with the Shimano bottom bracket currently on my Plasma? If not, then which bottom bracket will I need?

Thanks!
Quote Reply

Prev Next