Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet
Quote | Reply
http://www.giro.com/us_en/products/men/helmets/aero-tri/vanquish-mips.html

Read a few reviews online, looks promising. Probably time to upgrade my Air Attack. I just hope my prescription glasses fit under the shield like they do on the AA.
Last edited by: The Sloth: Sep 25, 17 20:40
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [The Sloth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bump
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bumping an older thread (didn’t want to create a new one). Has anyone gotten their hands on a Vanquish yet? Looks like it tests just slightly slower than an Aerohead, so considering getting this as my TT helmet.
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [SBR10003] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep. Gonna try it soon. Feels great on. Visor is awesome.
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome!

I'm hoping it can be my single helmet for use in both training and racing. I'd feel kind of silly biking around Central Park in an Aerohead with the visor on. But I feel like the Vanquish looks more "normal" and tests almost as good as the Aerohead anyway... and I love the integrated visor, even if it's smaller than the Aerohead's.
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [Sbernardi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hows the fit? like regular sizing? i have heard they come up large?

and re: testing fast, has anyone tested this aside from Giro?
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [coates_hbk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
To me it fits great. I’m a small in all my other Giro and this seems true to me.
It will replace my Attack. I’m a fan of visors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would say it's going to be a very good aero road helmet; perhaps the fastest out there for many if not most, but our testing has shown it's not on par with full aero helmets. That said, it's my next road helmet for sure.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, Jim. And when you’re referring to full aero helmets, you’re including the Aerohead in that category, I’m assuming?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes, but only against the vented version, not the non-vented.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
I would say it's going to be a very good aero road helmet; perhaps the fastest out there for many if not most, but our testing has shown it's not on par with full aero helmets. That said, it's my next road helmet for sure.

Will you be wearing it:
A. Always with the shield, just not the same without
B. Shields are great, but only when you need to go fast
C. The shield will be sitting in the closet

I talk a lot - Give it a listen: http://www.fasttalklabs.com/category/fast-talk
I also give Training Advice via http://www.ForeverEndurance.com

The above poster has eschewed traditional employment and is currently undertaking the ill-conceived task of launching his own hardgoods company. Statements are not made on behalf of nor reflective of anything in any manner... unless they're good, then they count.
http://www.AGNCYINNOVATION.com
Last edited by: xtrpickels: Jan 1, 18 14:39
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [xtrpickels] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Giro posted data on this, faster with visor.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I received mine but haven’t ridden in it. It looks and feel really nice; I would label it an aerohead “light”....very similar in style.
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Received mine a few days ago and finally got in a short 4 mile ride to work. So far I love it. Incredibly lite. I was surprised how I can feel the air cooling on the top of my head. All my previous road aero helmets aren't so good with cooling. I have no doubt this will make a huge difference. It was almost too cold since it was a bit chilly today.

I don't know about the aero especially since I was on my 'slow' disc road bike, but it was indeed quiet. It's a keeper for sure.
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [karlw2000] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone who has it already maybe put it on a kitchen scale? I hear its a lot heavier in reality than the advertised 350grams in size M
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [Ben6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ben6 wrote:
Can anyone who has it already maybe put it on a kitchen scale? I hear its a lot heavier in reality than the advertised 350grams in size M

OK. just put my size M Vanquish on the scale. With visor, 376 grams. Without visor 324 grams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Incredibly lite.

I picked one of these up at a shop recently. I'm a huge fan and wearer of Giro road helmets - my go-to helmet for many years has been the Giro Atmos.

"Lite" was not the first word that came to my mind when picking up the Vanquish, but then again, I'm unfamiliar with the other "road aero" helmets. Maybe it is. For the type of riding that I do, having an aero road helmet is not a top-of-mind priority.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [Fleck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since I had the scale out, I put my old Giro Air Attack (no visor so no magnets) and it's 288 grams.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks a lot karl!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I like the shield idea on paper. Has anyone had any hot-weather experience with these yet? I'm curious about sweat drips/fogging issues.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Am looking at getting the vanquish....did your prescription glasses fit under the shield. ??
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [PRF1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had one and returned it because the tip of the helmet was blocking my sight. I hated that thing I could not get used to the pwriflerial view either. After 3 hours I switched it out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
rode in 80 degrees yesterday; helmet cooled very well. love the visor; honestly forget that I have it on. I don't notice the weight of the helmet at all.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don’t understand on their website when they say it tests X seconds fasters over 40 K and then say X watts faster, And the Watts correspond to a hell of a lot more than the time.
Quote Reply
Re: New Giro Vanquish Aero Helmet [PRF1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been wearing this on and off since last Fall. For the most part the visor does not accumulate sweat like my Oakleys do. For racing I tip the helmet back a little bit to get the profile more in-line with my shoulders/back and improve the visibility while down on the skis. This past weekend I did a 10-mile TT in Hawaii where the temps were low to mid 70s and humidity was normal (60-70%). At mile 8 the visor began to fog and within a minute I was unable to see anything and had to remove it for the remainder of the race. I was kind of surprised as I haven't experienced any fogging to date before the race. I'm still happy with the helmet/visor, but may apply an anti-fog agent before next race.
Quote Reply

Prev Next