Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
How was your week? Dec. 25/26 Edition
Quote | Reply
How are you, and what are your plans for the last week of the year?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 25/26 Edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Happy holidays, Dr. TC. Are you home or traveling now?

My plans for this week are to GET OUT IN FRONT OF SLO. She has passed me on the 100/100, so it's time to get my butt in gear.

Last week was 8 runs and 2 bikes. I hope to add at least one bike to that this week, for a total of 8 and 3.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 25/26 Edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
My plans for this week are to GET OUT IN FRONT OF SLO. She has passed me on the 100/100, so it's time to get my butt in gear.

I'm enjoying this rivalry!

I have been home for a week, and am leaving tomorrow with my dad to go to VT for a few days to see my brother (visiting his GF's family). Ben and Jerry's and Cabot factories here we come!

Quote:
main goal this week = no eating issues. Had some of those last week and I'd like to get out of it.
other goals 6 swims, 6 runs. Cycling a bonus!

Weather interfered with 1 swim, and I slept late one other morning, so 4 swims (4700 yds total) and I did run 7 days, but two were short (5k and 4.5 mi, respectively) for 53 ish mi total. Had some food issues.

Goals this week: hmmm. I snowshoed yesterday. I ran 10k and swam 1125 yds today. Not sure what I'll get in aside from running with our travels. So whatever :-) goal again NO FOOD ISSUES.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have fun on your travels TC! And yes, the rivalry between Tri3 & SLO is most entertaining!

I am in my sick bed. We had our last fire practice of the year on Wednesday and by Thursday I'd been taken out by a bug. I still seem to be on the downward slide which is frustrating but makes me glad that we planned very little for this time.

My goal: get better before the new year!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
My plans for this week are to GET OUT IN FRONT OF SLO. She has passed me on the 100/100, so it's time to get my butt in gear

Listen, girlfriend. It just isn’t gonna happen. Retired or consulting or whatnot. I am going into tax season so I am about to turn into a machine. A beast. A god damned running tax preparing mofo. My strategy is worldly and my tactics are brutal. Catch me if you can (love that movie!).

Ladies, all that matters this week is that I am ahead of Tri3. I did other stuff. Ya know. Swimming. Biking. Whatev. Ok. So no swimming. Details. I may not able to walk. But who cares!? Walking. Pftsth. Blah.

In other news, my boy got named All American, First Team Nationals, first Team conference, etc in Water Polo as college sophomore. I’m so mama proud I might blind you. Not to mention he is a hottie and loves his mama. Stand by for link (need his help...).

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Your trip is short. Make the most of it.
https://www.slogoing.net/
Last edited by: SLOgoing: Dec 26, 17 19:34
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 25/26 Edition [SLOgoing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
In other news, my boy got named All American, First Team Nationals, first Team conference, etc in Water Polo as college sophomore.

Congrats! That is really impressive!

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 25/26 Edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Feel better soon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Dr. Tigerchik -- enjoy your travels.

Feel better, Scheherazade.

I'm enjoying the trash talk bewteen Tri3 and SLO but not taking sides :D And congratulations to your son, SLO -- that's a big deal!

My goals for the week were to: kick my cold, run/bike/swim 3 times, lift twice, do yoga, be better about my daily p/rehab, and fly across the country again.

I mostly kicked my cold and managed to get in three solid runs and bikes, two swims and strength sessions, daily p/rehab but no yoga. I'm on the very chilly East Coast this week so I'll likely only run in the snow and lift but I'm hopeful to sneak in a little yoga.

I hope everyone who celebrates had a nice Christmas, I wish you happy training and a happy new year!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He's all amazing and stuff. When he's done with Water Polo I'm going to stick him on a bike. He already swims a <0:45 100 SCY and can run a 5k in less than 20 minutes (just based on his run fitness built by running barefoot laps around the pool during dryland). Proud Mama!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow -- strong merpeople genes!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Listen, girlfriend. It just isn’t gonna happen. Retired or consulting or whatnot. I am going into tax season so I am about to turn into a machine. A beast. A god damned running tax preparing mofo. My strategy is worldly and my tactics are brutal.

That's quite the trash talk there. We'll see how feisty you're feeling on day 60 or so. In the meantime, I'm going to give you a break and only do one run today. Enjoy the (slim) lead while you can.

PS Congrats on the kiddo!

Last edited by: Tri3: Dec 27, 17 14:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just curious - you post a lot of doubles 1min apart in time. Are you manually adding runs, or uploading from Strava?
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 25/26 Edition [edbikebabe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm old school--strictly manual.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 wrote:
I'm old school--strictly manual.

Makes sense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dunno. I think we are both in a run for our money. Mistressk is hot on our tail with just one run short of kicking our asses. She has exceptionally more mileage - we just need to stay 1 run ahead of her!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And she has better pics.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hahaha, I'm loving the trash talk between you two!

I'll probably miss an extra day or two in January as I have a 6-hour indoor track race on the 6th and may not want to run for a bit after that. Although, I may try to get out anyway since that's when our daily high temperature is finally supposed to reach normal (-2c/28f) instead of below -10c/14f.

I may try back-to-back double days on NYE and new year's day, though, just for giggles. With a hundred miler on the horizon any time on my feet now helps, especially while loaded down with extra pounds of clothing (and maybe a bit too much gingerbread and eggnog..)

I'll try to keep the pics coming over the challenge!

Also: Hi Womens! I'm still around, just super busy and trying to cut my forum/social media time to keep on top of it. Hope you all have a wonderful holiday season!

Quote | Reply
Hello everyone! Hope you all had a merry whatever you celebrate if you celebrate.

I am loving the Womens Forum Running Showdown and Smacktalk TM. I'm not taking sides either but am rooting for all our ladies here.

Feel better, Scheherazade!

I have been off since last Wednesday and my goals over break are to work out once a day, read one magazine a day, and clean/tidy something once per day. I am doing OK with the working out -- I've done a bike ride or barre class every day except Christmas and am forcing myself to go to the pool later. I am only half a magazine behind my reading schedule. As for the cleaning/tidying, well, that hasn't been happening. Oh well. But we have spent a lot of quality time with family and friends.

I am still not running but I start PT on Tuesday. I researched a few places recommended by my orthopedist and picked one right by my office that also has a running academy! My hope is that after PT is in progress and I am cleared to run again, I can continue visiting the running academy to improve form, gait, etc., which is what probably put me this mess I'm in. My knee has been doing well through barre (I only have to make a few slight modifications) and trainer rides so I am thinking the inflammation has calmed down.

Hope you all are having a good week.

http://mediocremultisport.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've had my eyes on SLOgoing on the leaderboard, too. She's tantalizing! I think its the all-caps at the beginning of her name that draws my eyes. I MUST catch her!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 25/26 Edition [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
I'll probably miss an extra day or two in January as I have a 6-hour indoor track race on the 6th and may not want to run for a bit after that. Although, I may try to get out anyway since that's when our daily high temperature is finally supposed to reach normal (-2c/28f) instead of below -10c/14f.

I'm in Vermont right now and it has been in single-digit negatives (F) the past few days. SO COLD!!!!

Is the track race on a 200m or 400m track? Do you get to switch directions at any point? Banked track?

Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 25/26 Edition [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
CalamityJane88 wrote:
I've had my eyes on SLOgoing on the leaderboard, too. She's tantalizing! I think its the all-caps at the beginning of her name that draws my eyes. I MUST catch her!!

It is the obsession with finding the missing W. Is it a typo? An acronym? Is she just simply nuts?

Taking a rest day today. Got a niggle and I ain't gonna let it derail my moment of glory. I'll be back... Actually, if the stars align, I might give the 10k swim a go this afternoon. That's like a month's worth of swimming all in a single day!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love how I see consistency pays off in this 100/100. This is my first time participating. It looks to me like we could have 5 women in the top 10 spots at the end. That's fun given all the macho-machismo posts I read (or maybe I'm misreading-- that could be the case.)

I think we have 83 days left, according to my calculations. A lot can happen in that time, injuries or illness. I think slow & steady wins this race! (Plus just a few double run days. Maybe one double a week?) Fun, fun!!
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Dec. 25/26 Edition [CalamityJane88] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So true! The training effect (affect?) of consistency is amazing.

Not gonna lie. I threw on some KT tape and compression socks for today's run. But, it was worth it. 6 miles on the Central Coast of California. Clear as a bell and around 60 degrees at 8am. If it weren't for this challenge I would have stayed home!

Hillary Trout
San Luis Obispo, CA

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In stark contrast to that lovely scene, to get my run done today I had to layer up with base turtleneck, fluffy hoodie, windbreaker, shorts, wool socks and hat, wind stopper pants and double layer gloves.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dr. Tigerchik wrote:
Is the track race on a 200m or 400m track? Do you get to switch directions at any point? Banked track?

210m track - not banked, which is good because I enjoy having functional ankles, knees and hips. We'll change direction a few times; I think it's every 90mins.

Tri3, I'm feeling you - all of the past few days' runs were either in tights or wool longjohns under windproof pants, with either a couple of shirts + shell jacket or a longsleeve base layer + insulated jacket. Hat, earband AND buff on the noggin. Almost too tired by the time I get dressed to go out for the actual run!

Last edited by: mistressk: Jan 2, 18 9:09
Quote Reply

Prev Next