Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pity. I suppose I will have to create some kind of hack to attach the little mounting bracket for the Aeria hydration system to a non-Aeria stem - I really want to use that system.

Last edited by: davetallo: Dec 7, 17 10:58
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't like your chances, the stem and bottle shaping is quite specific.
And you don't want to be drilling stems.

Is your aim to use the stem/hydration with current bar?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
I don't like your chances, the stem and bottle shaping is quite specific.
And you don't want to be drilling stems.

Is your aim to use the stem/hydration with current bar?

You’re underestimating my Dremel skills! I could see reshaping and securing the mount to a different stem using a two-part epoxy, but I agree ... there’s no way I would drill into a stem.

The bar is a use Tula, which is the hitch ... if I didn’t like that bar so much, I would be tempted to get the full Aeria system. But that would mean I would be spending 1G just for no reason other than running the hydration system, which is not the most sensible approach.
Last edited by: davetallo: Dec 7, 17 14:02
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [davetallo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The potential aero advantage of the bottle might make the 1G worth it. Depends on your frame. Don't have shareable data yet. Which bike are you on.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Qr cd0.1. That’s the rub ... a long and low frame, with a long stem.

But tour earlier teasers of some of the data, and Jim’s earlier findings with the torhans-close-to-head tube config, have definitely got my attention.
Last edited by: davetallo: Dec 7, 17 14:24
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
There will be a flatter angle stem.

100 to 110mm "X" lenght, more "Y", Integrated junction box (even if it's just the new one EW-RS910 I'm willing to invest) with access to press button and charging port, a bit lighter. Where do I sign ? ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [Elktonkool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the event everybody hasn’t turned their interest to the new Tririg bar, I switched to the 100mm from the 70mm and it seems to work a lot better. It took a little finagling but 5 port fits inside and there is a hole on the side that isn’t present on the 70 to access the charger port. I’m not using the included cap at this point because i am experimenting with position at the moment and don’t want to commit to cutting the steerer yet.
http://a65.tinypic.com/15y9dav.jpg
http://a63.tinypic.com/2cxgf7s.jpg
http://a66.tinypic.com/2po4gfm.jpg
http://a68.tinypic.com/143p07l.jpg
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

I see the HSF Aeria Bottle is now on the market. What can you tell us about the benefits of using this bottle with the AU Bar?

Scott
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [GreatScott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not a lot, I still don't have one so it's quite hard to test.
One bike brand has tested a significant boost to bike performance from using the HSF Aeria, but that data isn't shareable.
The aim of the bottle is to make 'mortal' bikes super, so the gusset is intended to be cut to tuck up against the head tube.
Comes with a satellite magnet so the hose can be positioned up by your hands.

A definite benefit is that it's very good value - for the cost of development it should be about 3x the price...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I assume the part on the lower back is a bento of some sort. Is that correct?

Is it required to mount the system? There's no way that part is going to clear the head tube/front brake cover on my Dimond. I don't think it will clear the cover without that bento part either but I'll try it out to see.

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Last edited by: The GMAN: Dec 8, 17 17:27
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [The GMAN] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's the gusset that you cut to match your frame.
As shown here:

It is optional - clips on to the back of the bottle. But it's part of the package - giving a smooth transition from bottle to frame.
Doesn't store anything unless you are both creative and extremely dextrous (would not be easy to access).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. That gussett definitely isn't going to fit on my bike but I'm going to see if the bottle will work.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
if i get the AU to use on a qr pr6 thst had its own integrated stem meaning i can't use the AU stem, is our possible for me to use this profile design hydration system? it looks nice, but i can't use the AU stem on the pr6. thx.

2018 Races: IM Santa Rosa, Vineman Monte Rio, Lake Tahoe 70.3
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It mounts directly to the stem. The stem, not the bar, is the one and only component necessary for the HFS Aeria.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
That's the gusset that you cut to match your frame.
As shown here:

It is optional - clips on to the back of the bottle. But it's part of the package - giving a smooth transition from bottle to frame.
Doesn't store anything unless you are both creative and extremely dextrous (would not be easy to access).

How much does it protrude below the stem? What are the overall dimensions?
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [Sanrafaeltri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The HSF Aeria doesn't fit on the PR6 stem at this point. It can only go on the AU stem.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Any thoughts on the impact for an older P2?

This is a lot like a box design I was playing with using a 3d printer. I'm very interested but want more information first.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can the HSF awria fit on other bars provided one uses the Aeria stem?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [Elktonkool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would be interested to see if you can manage to actually fit the charger to the junction box in the stem.
I did the same with mine but made sure i fully charged the battery before fitting - not the best long term solution mind you!

Elktonkool wrote:
It took a little finagling but 5 port fits inside and there is a hole on the side that isn’t present on the 70 to access the charger port.
Quote Reply
Re: Profile Design Aeria Ultimate aerobar and stem [The Red Baron] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's why I ended up keeping it outside of mine for winter training until I find a better solution (probably with the integrated bottle...), or will only insert it in the stem by race season time.
For now I used the round holes on the right side and have the junction box in front of it, managed to make my junction box works with only 3 wires by having a 4 ports JC41 inside the stem. I know I can do two wires with the new EW-JC130 wires but not in a rush to change.
Really looking forward to that bottle availability, it's probably the missing part of my setup right now !
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz: By flatter, do you mean more drop? or less drop?

cyclenutnz wrote:
There will be a flatter angle stem.
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Less drop. I'd describe the current stem as declined
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, as long as the extensions are not too low (~50mm stack) or too narrow (less than 100mm)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Makes sense and thanks!

Would it be possible to use the HCA as a storage device and run a BTA over it?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Choice between the new ENVE SES Aero TT system or the Profile Design Aeria Ultimate. Which would you choose? [ejd_mil] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ejd_mil wrote:

Would it be possible to use the HCA as a storage device and run a BTA over it?

Anything is possible if you get creative. But it hasn't been designed with that purpose in mind.
Quote Reply

Prev Next