Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

We make everything to order in Los Angeles, CA. We do not stock items. We have been narrowing our leads times down monthly. We intend to keep this up until we have the ability to provide the greatest custom kits in the fastest lead time with no minimum requirements! Feel free to contact us with any questions.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [lovethepain] [ In reply to ]

I think most problems stemmed from a lack of clarity about your extravagant lead times which, previously, was not adequately conveyed to the customer. This disclaimer must be relatively new.

Last edited by: jkhayc: Dec 6, 17 13:29

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]

Either that disclaimer is new, or I'm an idiot and missed it while ordering. I guess I just never assumed that a Medium pair of non custom running shorts would need to be made in 4-6 weeks and then shipped. Guess there was no point in my paying for faster shipping.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [jkhayc] [ In reply to ]

Oh, I saw this when I ordered. And, I was fine with it if it was accurate. It’s when I hit 9+ weeks with no product or communication that I began to worry. They don’t come remotely close to 4-6 weeks so the disclaimer is inaccurate and misleading.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

And, if that occurs then they get you with this verbiage:

"Domestic (USA) Shipping Info
Love The Pain, Inc. products are custom made in Los Angeles, California. Most orders ship within 2-6 weeks. Extended time may occur for various reason including fabric shipment delays. Changes in lead time are not causes for cancellation. Orders cannot be canceled after 24 hours of order.

United States Domestic Shipping (lower 48 states)

All domestic orders are shipped with insurance and tracking via UPS or USPS. Once your order is shipped, delivery varies based on destination."

"Please be aware that all items must be returned within 1 week of receipt and must be unworn, unwashed, still have original tags and be in their original packaging.
A 20% restocking fee will apply to all returns. Your net refund will be your purchase amount excluding any packaging and shipping costs.
All exchanges and returns are subject to additional shipping and handling costs.
Performance Products or custom sewn items such as triathlon and cycling gear are not available for return because we sew them per order."

Sounds like a company that will do well in the current climate.

My order was placed on 8/25, that’s going to be 15 weeks this Friday. Nothing from my order was delivered, not even the non-kit stuff.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

I got my kit in 12 weeks with tons of pressure brought by my coach. My local club had similar problems. They just don't know enough about customer service. Most of our local people wouldn't get e-mails returned.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [lhoyle0217] [ In reply to ]

I wanted to show people what I meant with the 2 suits being different sizes even though they are both "XS":

Ben, the owner gave his word 1 month ago that they were going to replace the kit () 1 month ago, he told my friend he would send a replacement within 2 days of phone call. Nothing was ever sent, no kit, no calls, no apologies, no gift card, ZILCH.

With regards to my order:

They send me an email earlier in the week, after I told them I wanted to cancel, and that I had contacted AMEX to dispute the charges, and they told me that they had actually shipped my kit last week, but the mistakenly shipped it to Florida, and they said that they could create a shipping label to ship it from Florida to me, but they suggested it would be better if they shipped the kit back to them, so they can inspect it and make sure everything was OK with it. To be honest, this just seems like they were trying to buy time to get my kit done last minute. It's been 15 weeks and I haven't received anything.

As an added bonus: Our Club Leader spoke to Ben with these concerns, and Ben is insisting I have not been waiting 15 weeks for my order; which is fucking hilarious since I have a confirmation email from 8/25 when I placed my order.

lovethepain: Try using this tool, http://howlongaago.net/date/2017/august/25

Wow, that is not a small size difference.

jkhayc wrote:
Wow, that is not a small size difference.

My friend is pretty small, so the bigger one is completely useless.

I’m going to interrupt this thread to point out that, even with their appearance on the thread, they haven’t made anything better (maybe worse) and it really shows what a quality shop de soto is

No exchanges? With sizing jokes like that above?

Nuts

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]

Maybe they can rename the company Love The Wait?

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Last edited by: BryanD: Dec 7, 17 18:26

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [BryanD] [ In reply to ]

BryanD wrote:
Maybe they can rename the company Love The Wait?

Yeah, that’s better than mine:

“Love The Pain in 4 months when it gets back from Florida”

Ben is worthless when it comes to communication. I had similar issues with him. There is another owner who has been much more responsive to me and is at least making an effort. Pm me if you want his email.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Dec 7, 17 19:31

Is that a kids XS on top? You should have specified that you didn't want kids sizing. It's really all your fault.

TulkasTri wrote:
I wanted to show people what I meant with the 2 suits being different sizes even though they are both "XS":

Ben, the owner gave his word 1 month ago that they were going to replace the kit () 1 month ago, he told my friend he would send a replacement within 2 days of phone call. Nothing was ever sent, no kit, no calls, no apologies, no gift card, ZILCH.

With regards to my order:

They send me an email earlier in the week, after I told them I wanted to cancel, and that I had contacted AMEX to dispute the charges, and they told me that they had actually shipped my kit last week, but the mistakenly shipped it to Florida, and they said that they could create a shipping label to ship it from Florida to me, but they suggested it would be better if they shipped the kit back to them, so they can inspect it and make sure everything was OK with it. To be honest, this just seems like they were trying to buy time to get my kit done last minute. It's been 15 weeks and I haven't received anything.

As an added bonus: Our Club Leader spoke to Ben with these concerns, and Ben is insisting I have not been waiting 15 weeks for my order; which is fucking hilarious since I have a confirmation email from 8/25 when I placed my order.

lovethepain: Try using this tool, http://howlongaago.net/date/2017/august/25

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [cestmoi] [ In reply to ]

cestmoi wrote:
I wish this thread had come up about a month ago....since I just ordered a tri-suit and now somewhat regretting I couldn't try it on. I was NOT thrilled that you can't return the item if the sizing is wrong (that's even for the non-customized suits). I don't get how they won't accept returns on non-custom items if they are all cut and made to the same measurements? I can understand that they're only making a suit or whatever when they get the order for it, but sheesh, at least let people return them since they can't try them on.

Because they are simply cross-shipping everything without anywhere to store any significant amount of inventory.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

I don't have anything to contribute regarding a Love The Pain experience b/c I have not purchased anything from LTP, and don't plan to. Rather I want to echo another response about how good De Soto is.

15 weeks for delivery? That's crazy. Thanks for the PSA on this!

Tad

It took awhile, but I finally discovered that its not the destination that's important, but rather the journey.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

Its funny how LTP can post a new product on instagram every week or comment on social media every day but when a customer has complaints about their orders not showing up on time as per the web page states or questions on status of the orders they can't email back. I am about at my end with LTP. First order is going on 8 weeks today, and i ordered something else a few weeks ago before I read about all the issues and other customers having similar issues and got email last week that last item was waiting until first items I ordered are ready then it would be shipped out. Granted, I was charged a second shipping fee for second order. I emailed them back mid day last friday and no response back. I will not buy again from LTP and am now calling my credit card company and trying to dispute the charges since I have sent two to three emails asking for a call from management or ownership of this company.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [dl1340] [ In reply to ]

I also ordered in Oct. 2017 using their Kona discount. Have sent multiple requests for status. I have not received the order - tri kit, and have gotten one email saying that I was going to have the kit shipped in early December. Still waiting. Its a shame, some of their line looks pretty good but will not buy anything from them again.

Love the Pain have to have the worst customer service i have ever heard of. I've had two adverse dealings with them, particularly Ben Haas and the support team Yulia. I'm already kicking myself about why I actually went back a second time to order. First order was months delayed and instead of informing me of why items were delayed, Ben instead took no responsibility stated he had no idea and became aggressive in his emails. I stupidly went back again to order, what i thought would be basic items to pack and send (hats, bra and singlets). They arrived weeks later but they sent the wrong sized item... they sent a medium instead of a small. Ben stated it was mismarked and would be a small. Lucky enough i had a small of similar item to photograph and compare to show how big the item was compared to my previous small. That was September 2017, its now Jan 2018... I still haven't recieve anything from Ben or his "support team" who he ensures will sort out the issue quickly. I email them every couple of weeks to follow-up on the progress, i either get no response, or no acknowledgement of the previous conversations outlined in the chain of emails below and having to explain the whole issue all over again. I HATE THE PAIN this company seems to like to promote. I have now reported them to the authorities. I don't recommend anyone buy anything from them in the future unless you want to really experience the worst customer service pain you've even had. I feel sorry for any athletes associated with this company.
Last edited by: zoedr: Jan 7, 18 19:51

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [zoedr] [ In reply to ]

I saw everything people write about LTP so far (delayed orders, customer service woes, and incorrect sizing), but I wanted to point out another issue. CAVEAT EMPTOR FOLKS.....the design you think you're getting just might be different than what you actually get. Case in point: look at this suit's graphic on their website:

https://www.lovethepain.com/...peedstream-race-suit

Now look at the product as received: Note the difference in the design - the extra black fabric on the legs and slightly different design on the underarms. Not only that, but I also noticed the design difference on the back - between the shoulder blades. On the website, it looks like it was supposed to be a "flag", instead, it's just their LTP logo again. This may make some people upset, but after hearing about their customer service, I don't have the time or patience for this.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [aspen6] [ In reply to ]

Long time lurker, first time poster... but relevant to the topic at hand. Just want to keep this post at the top so folks are aware of Love the Pain's struggle to fulfill orders.

Initial order date: 28 Nov 2017, I order 2 sports bras for my wife and a run tank for me. A Christmas (LOL) gift for her.
8 Jan 2018 - 6 weeks, I send my first email to LTP requesting info. No response.
23 Jan 2018 - 8 weeks, I find this ST thread with a "new" Customer Support email. I send an email and receive an automated response, then later another response indicating, "We checked the status of your order and looks like it is our production queue meaning it should be completed, inspected, and shipped within the next few days. We will do our best to expedite that for you as well."
25 Jan 2018 - 8 weeks 2 days, I forward the previous email to "Joshua" to receive a new status update, "Your order has been processed and is in our production queue pending completion. You will receive tracking info once it has been completed, inspected, and ready to ship."
30 Jan 2018 - 9 weeks, I receive an email indicating, "Congratulations your order has just begun production. Your order will be printed, sublimated, cut, and then it will go to our sew room. Once sewing is complete we will check your order for any defects. Once it passes QC will will shop your order to you. You will receive a tracking number at time of shipment."
12 Feb 2018 - 11 weeks, I send an email to Joshua requesting a status, indicating that it's been 11 weeks since the order and 2 weeks since it, "began production."
13 Feb 2018 - 11 weeks 1 day, I receive an email back from Joshua indicating, "All three items have been printed, sublimated onto fabric, and has been cut, it is awaiting sewing." He also indicated they're behind, "due to all the orders being placed at the same time on black friday and Thanksgiving time. Since over 1,000 orders came in all at once it backed us up like crazy."
5 Mar 2018 - 14 weeks, I send Joshua another email requesting status, as it has been 14 weeks since initial order, 5 weeks since being, "in our production queue."
12 Mar 2018 - 15 weeks, I finally receive an email back from Joshua indicating, "Sorry about that, we were reorganizing our production schedules. So both of your bras are in the sewing schedule and estimated completion date is 3/19 or before. The run tank has not showed up in the sewing schedule so I will need to track where it is in the production."

As always, YMMV, but be forewarned - I just want to give my wife 2 of her Christmas gifts before her birthday in April!
Last edited by: c.mont.811: Mar 12, 18 11:35

TulkasTri wrote:
Love The Pain has been running sale after sale after sale after sale for the past 5 months (started in July 4th), 35-45% off the entire store. I ordered a kit back in August including some other things (caps, bottles, etc), and they have been unable to deliver on anything on my order. They have given different reasons for delays: problems sourcing material, problems with human resources availability, etc.. but every time I reach out they tell my my stuff is on the verge of being shipped out.

I have reached out to them to cancel my order, as they have been holding on to $300+ of my dollars, and black Friday came and went, cyber monday came and went, I could've gotten another kit from one of the many that were on sale. I don't know how they will respond, but I have also contacted my Credit Card company to open a dispute; but I wanted to know if more people out there are getting stiffed.

I'm not sure why you people complain.

LOVE THE PAIN - full experience...,those waiting over 15 weeks should be charged double, for extra pain. Suck it up, embrace it.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [c.mont.811] [ In reply to ]

c.mont.811 wrote:
Long time lurker, first time poster... but relevant to the topic at hand. Just want to keep this post at the top so folks are aware of Love the Pain's struggle to fulfill orders.

Initial order date: 28 Nov 2017, I order 2 sports bras for my wife and a run tank for me. A Christmas (LOL) gift for her.
8 Jan 2018 - 6 weeks, I send my first email to LTP requesting info. No response.
23 Jan 2018 - 8 weeks, I find this ST thread with a "new" Customer Support email. I send an email and receive an automated response, then later another response indicating, "We checked the status of your order and looks like it is our production queue meaning it should be completed, inspected, and shipped within the next few days. We will do our best to expedite that for you as well."
25 Jan 2018 - 8 weeks 2 days, I forward the previous email to "Joshua" to receive a new status update, "Your order has been processed and is in our production queue pending completion. You will receive tracking info once it has been completed, inspected, and ready to ship."
30 Jan 2018 - 9 weeks, I receive an email indicating, "Congratulations your order has just begun production. Your order will be printed, sublimated, cut, and then it will go to our sew room. Once sewing is complete we will check your order for any defects. Once it passes QC will will shop your order to you. You will receive a tracking number at time of shipment."
12 Feb 2018 - 11 weeks, I send an email to Joshua requesting a status, indicating that it's been 11 weeks since the order and 2 weeks since it, "began production."
13 Feb 2018 - 11 weeks 1 day, I receive an email back from Joshua indicating, "All three items have been printed, sublimated onto fabric, and has been cut, it is awaiting sewing." He also indicated they're behind, "due to all the orders being placed at the same time on black friday and Thanksgiving time. Since over 1,000 orders came in all at once it backed us up like crazy."
5 Mar 2018 - 14 weeks, I send Joshua another email requesting status, as it has been 14 weeks since initial order, 5 weeks since being, "in our production queue."
12 Mar 2018 - 15 weeks, I finally receive an email back from Joshua indicating, "Sorry about that, we were reorganizing our production schedules. So both of your bras are in the sewing schedule and estimated completion date is 3/19 or before. The run tank has not showed up in the sewing schedule so I will need to track where it is in the production."

As always, YMMV, but be forewarned - I just want to give my wife 2 of her Christmas gifts before her birthday in April!

It's refreshing in this age of mass production to see that LTP apparently goes to the trouble of actually weaving the fabric from scratch for every order.

Re: PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering. [c.mont.811] [ In reply to ]

Chargeback.

Prev Next