Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Zwift Ride Data not Transferring to Garmin Connect
Quote | Reply
So I have Zwift set up to export to Strava and Garmin Connect. Most of the data transfers fine except the Power IF and TSS factors. These seem to be calculated in Zwift and NP seems to export fine but for some reason TSS and IF does not export to Garmin Connect. Does anyone know if this is a Garmin issue? If so, is there a fix coming? Does this data transfer to Strava (I'm not Strava Premium so I don't know if it does for Premium members)?

Finally, what is up with Zwift not making Ride Data available to view historically?! I am fairly new to Zwift and it seems like a deep flaw that you can't access historical ride and power data, especially when IF and TSS doesn't even export out of Zwift to a common analysis tool like Garmin Connect.

------------------
http://dontletitdefeatyou.blogspot.com
Last edited by: Lock_N_Load: Dec 5, 17 13:10
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ride Data not Transferring to Garmin Connect [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Am I the only one having these issues with Zwift power data? Or data reporting overall for that matter?

------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ride Data not Transferring to Garmin Connect [Lock_N_Load] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I got all numbers except one (manually imported fit file, I did not now that you could connect Zwift to Garmin), the training effect (if that's whats it called in English).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Responding to the historical data:

I can go to my.zwift.com and download the data for any of the rides I have done
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ride Data not Transferring to Garmin Connect [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jaretj wrote:
Responding to the historical data:

I can go to my.zwift.com and download the data for any of the rides I have done

Yes, I can do that as well. However, when you bring in a .fit file into Garmin Connect and then go to the Cycling Reports section it is supposed to give you data like Normalized Power (NP), Training Stress Score (TSS), and Intensity Factor (IF). When I do this it only shows NP. It does not display or track TSS or IF. I know that in the ride report at the end of every ride in Zwift they have this data but for some reason it does not translate in their exported .fit file. Does anyone know if this is a Garmin issue or a Zwift issue.

The other problem is why the heck can't we see detailed ride data (like the one displayed at the end of every ride) on our historical data on my.zwift.com? Is this feature ever coming?

------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been on Zwift for a little over two years. To my knowledge, TSS and IF have never transferred over when auto-uploading from Zwift to GC or Strava. That is part of the reason I generally run my Garmin head unit alongside Zwift (that and the lack of a lap feature for intervals in Zwift). If I'm not lazy, I manually upload the file from the Garmin head unit (to GC) at the end of the ride. Then I plug in the mileage and elevation reported in the Zwift-to-GC file before deleting it (the file direct from Zwift). In the end, I have TSS, IF, L/R balance, and a few other metrics I'm probably forgetting now. Sometimes, I'm lazy and don't upload the Garmin file. I don't use GC much for TSS or any CTL tracking anyway.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ride Data not Transferring to Garmin Connect [Signal8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use my Garmin 800 data in GC.

The data from Zwift doesn't have TSS in the fit file probably because they haven't contracted with Training Peaks to include it. GC is just displaying what's in the fit file.

I agree that it would be nice for Zwift to include the TP metrics though.
Quote Reply
Re: Zwift Ride Data not Transferring to Garmin Connect [Signal8] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Signal8 wrote:
I've been on Zwift for a little over two years. To my knowledge, TSS and IF have never transferred over when auto-uploading from Zwift to GC or Strava. That is part of the reason I generally run my Garmin head unit alongside Zwift (that and the lack of a lap feature for intervals in Zwift). If I'm not lazy, I manually upload the file from the Garmin head unit (to GC) at the end of the ride. Then I plug in the mileage and elevation reported in the Zwift-to-GC file before deleting it (the file direct from Zwift). In the end, I have TSS, IF, L/R balance, and a few other metrics I'm probably forgetting now. Sometimes, I'm lazy and don't upload the Garmin file. I don't use GC much for TSS or any CTL tracking anyway.

Yeah, I guess what I could do then is to delete my connections from Zwift to GC and Strava and let my Garmin head unit import to GC and Strava like you are doing. The whole bringing in of mileage and elevation from Zwift into GC sounds like a big PITA though. Maybe I should stick to Trainer Road and have a full suite of analysis there. I need to decide if the entertainment factor of Zwift outweighs the structured training of Trainer Road. I definitely do not want to pay for both...

------------------
Quote Reply