Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
PSA: Don’t buy from “Love The Pain”, they are having problems delivering.

Love The Pain has been running sale after sale after sale after sale for the past 5 months (started in July 4th), 35-45% off the entire store. I ordered a kit back in August including some other things (caps, bottles, etc), and they have been unable to deliver on anything on my order. They have given different reasons for delays: problems sourcing material, problems with human resources availability, etc.. but every time I reach out they tell my my stuff is on the verge of being shipped out.

I have reached out to them to cancel my order, as they have been holding on to $300+ of my dollars, and black Friday came and went, cyber monday came and went, I could've gotten another kit from one of the many that were on sale. I don't know how they will respond, but I have also contacted my Credit Card company to open a dispute; but I wanted to know if more people out there are getting stiffed.
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Dec 7, 17 17:58

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

Yes but their owner eventually contacted me (after i too opened a credit card dispute). But still, this is a real problem for their business. 4-6 weeks for custom order is fine but they can’t deliver in that timeframe. I waited 10 weeks for my first order and I’m going on the about the same for my second order. I am probably done with them for this reason.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Dec 3, 17 23:31

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [TulkasTri] [ In reply to ]

Yes, a pair of leggings ordered for this household took multiple months. Really, really poor communication and excuses that don't really make any sense.

I ordered something back in Oct the weekend on Kona. I sent emails before I ordered something to ask questions and never got a response. I thought I would give them a try as they are a small company and made in USA. I like their designs but customer service and response have been lacking. I finally email them again last week and got a response that my order should ship this week. After seeing responses above, I am not holding my breathe that I will see my order any time soon.

Our local tri club had setup with them to make the club kits this year. I did not order one but many of the people who had didn't receive anything for about 3 months or so until the people with our tri club who made the arrangements got in contact with LTP through countless phone calls and emails before they finally started to get something produced.

Did you order a trucker hat, fake beard or lycra tattoo sleeve; they have plenty of those.

29 years and counting

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [Jorgan] [ In reply to ]

Jorgan wrote:
Did you order a trucker hat, fake beard or lycra tattoo sleeve; they have plenty of those.

All of the above.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

DFW_Tri wrote:
Yes but their owner eventually contacted me (after i too opened a credit card dispute). But still, this is a real problem for their business. 4-6 weeks for custom order is fine but they can’t deliver in that timeframe. I waited 10 weeks for my first order and I’m going on the about the same for my second order. I am probably done with them for this reason.

hold on, you had crazy problems with the first order you went back, bent over and said "thank you sir may I have another?"!!!!

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [M~] [ In reply to ]

Well, before I knew I had issues with the first order (but after I had placed the order) I was given a gift card as a bday gift and then (to his credit) the owner took care of me with some additional store credit after my issues, so none of the money was coming out of my pocket. He also reassured me that the issues they were having were being addressed. Obviously not well enough. His communication was prompt and professional (and his initial communication contact was on a Sunday morning) so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. But now the delays persist. And I have seen postings elsewhere that others have the same issues. I assume their business is growing at a rate they cannot sustain since everything is custom made but I don’t really know the issues nor am I excusing them if that is, in fact, the issue.

I ordered a kit back in May and it took me 8 weeks to receive it. As others mentioned, I exchanged a few emails with them and they blamed the delay on the "tri-season". Personally, I don't think the quality of the material or price point are all that great and it definitely does not justify the wait.
Last edited by: CMattos: Dec 4, 17 7:34

I ordered running shorts from them and it wasn't until after a few days that i realized I never got a shipped notification. I went back on the site to check and it wasn't until I was clicking on links that I found a link at the bottom of the page that stated that all items would take 4-6 weeks to make. Guess I must have missed this message while ordering. Had I realized this I probably wouldn't have ordered.

2x Deca-Ironman World Cup (10 Ironmans in 10 days), 2x Quintuple Ironman World Cup (5 Ironmans in 5 days), Ultraman, Ultra Marathoner, and I once did an Ironman.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [chuy] [ In reply to ]

I also have a friend (non-STer) that ordered two kits back in July, when they ran their 40% discount sale (one of many), and it took almost three months to get them delivered, but that’s not the worst part: even though they are both size ‘small’, they are physically different dimensions; one fits OK in the body, but sleeves are too big, while the other one has OK sleeves, but body dimensions are too big. They spoke to Ben, whom didn’t take too fondly with the complaints, but in the end areed to send a replacement kit for the one that had too big of a body within 2 days. It’s been about 6 weeks and my friend hasn’t received anything. I also want to add that they have a ‘No Refund’ policy, so My friend is out $400+ and stuck with two kits that don’t fit right.

It seems like LTP has no clue how to handle their business.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [CMattos] [ In reply to ]

Yeah to be honest, I was disappointed in the quality. Their non-sale prices are obscene. Sales prices make some of their stuff almost manageable. I really like some of their non skull and bones designs. As to the quality of the material...it was nice but not as high as I expected, especially at that (even on sale) price point. I have been doing custom orders from OwnWay Apparel this last year and learned more about fabric quality this year. I am fairly confident that some of the fabrics you see in pics online for Love the Pain (some of which look like the nice soft, high quality Italian fabric that almost look they have lines in the arms for example) aren’t those that I received on my jersey which are nice but not quite at the same level. The owner tried to claim I received “upgraded” material, but I know better. The fabric I received for my OwnWay Jerseys is far superior and their customer support has been incredible. Once my now 8-week old order comes in, I’m done with Love the Pain.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Dec 4, 17 8:06

I placed an order 2-3 weeks ago and received my order within a week. Granted it was only a hat and decal.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [TNTRI] [ In reply to ]

TNTRI wrote:
I placed an order 2-3 weeks ago and received my order within a week. Granted it was only a hat and decal.

Probably because they had stock of those. The kits are made after you order them.

I’m thinking they have no money to order the raw materials, so the use the the funds when they get enough orders to source the material. And most likely they are understaffed or hired cheap labor somewhere, which could probably account for the poor quality control.

TulkasTri wrote:
TNTRI wrote:

Probably because they had stock of those. The kits are made after you order them.

I’m thinking they have no money to order the raw materials, so the use the the funds when they get enough orders to source the material. And most likely they are understaffed or hired cheap labor somewhere, which could probably account for the poor quality control.

Is the owner the guy with a beard? If so, he ain't hurtin' for money. He lives in LA and rides in my area... he was riding around on a brand new Trek Emonda SLR Disc.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [BrentwoodTriGuy] [ In reply to ]

BrentwoodTriGuy wrote:
TulkasTri wrote:
TNTRI wrote:

Is the owner the guy with a beard? If so, he ain't hurtin' for money. He lives in LA and rides in my area... he was riding around on a brand new Trek Emonda SLR Disc.

No, he’s just a model for them (or maybe an investor?) but no, that dude isn’t the owner, that dude is a cheff.
Last edited by: TulkasTri: Dec 4, 17 10:04

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [CMattos] [ In reply to ]

CMattos wrote:

I ordered a kit back in May and it took me 8 weeks to receive it.

Anytime I read that, I can't help but wonder if they're just taking orders and forwarding them to overseas suppliers (i.e. China) and then forwarding them once they get them. It would explain the long lead times on orders.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [Durhamskier] [ In reply to ]

Killing the whole Made in the UsA

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [ButFirstCoffee] [ In reply to ]

ButFirstCoffee wrote:
Killing the whole Made in the UsA

I hadn’t thought of this, could be why they cannot give a straight answer on when they will deliver.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]

I find the story of their Sponsored Pro (Eric Lagerstorm) post to be pretty ironic in this context.

Here's a company (Love the Pain) that's underserving their customers with long delays, poor customer service, high price, lower quality, and varriable fitting outifits (...what's not to love).

https://www.lovethepain.com/.../athletes/being-real

Ironically, we have a pro sponsered by them who is calling out other pros who are sponsored by shit products that they don't use. Maybe Eric's experience is completely different from everything on this thread. But it certainly sounds like he's out of touch with what it's really like to deal with these guys.
Last edited by: beston: Dec 7, 17 17:23

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [beston] [ In reply to ]

I've been looking at their posts on IG, and I see people complaining over the last few months about these issues, and on top of that, they also complain that their comments are being deleted.

I wish this thread had come up about a month ago....since I just ordered a tri-suit and now somewhat regretting I couldn't try it on. I was NOT thrilled that you can't return the item if the sizing is wrong (that's even for the non-customized suits). I don't get how they won't accept returns on non-custom items if they are all cut and made to the same measurements? I can understand that they're only making a suit or whatever when they get the order for it, but sheesh, at least let people return them since they can't try them on.

We apologize that you are having this difficulty. We would love to look into this and see exactly what the issue is. Please email support@lovethepain.com and we will jump on it immediately.

Re: Anyone having issues with "Love the Pain" delivering orders? [LSchmitt] [ In reply to ]

Really, which club are you with?

Prev Next