Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Unacceptable Forum behavior
Quote | Reply
I have just returned from attending a funeral for triathlete George Wright. During that one day and two nights I did not monitor this Forum, because you're all fairly well behaved and not much happens here on weekends anyway. Apparently my confidence was not altogether justified.

I have this to say about what I found on this Forum upon my return. Certain people who used to post here are no longer able, and will not be allowed to return.

For the rest of you, this Forum has grown large, and has done so in certain measure because of its free-flowing exchange of ideas, absent of overmuch strong interference from me. In recent weeks, however, I have had to get involved more and more frequently to pull posts and apply corrective measures of one sort or another. Unfortunately, it seems to be a similar set of people who just do not have much control over their sense of propriety.

This is a triathlon forum. It is not a singles site, a personals site, and/or a place to exercise one's libertine or personally experimental tendencies. It is not a place to embarrass people, to engage in trial by internet, it is not a tool for your personal use as a way to harm others you don't like.

Accordingly, here's your warning. I don't care who you are, how long you've been here, how often you've posted, or in what sort of high regard you think you are among others on this Forum. Should you cross the line into the sort of behavior I describe above, you'll not be allowed to post here any longer. No warnings, no second chances, no apologies accepted. The great, great majority of people here are here for the right reasons, which is (of course) to talk about things relating to multisport.

I have a very low tolerance at this point. Maybe things will loosen up a bit as time goes on, maybe not. In either case, assuming you want to protect the liberty to post here, I'd be on my best behavior. There's a hair trigger on the "ban" button right now.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Amen!

Lewis
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Slowman.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank you Dan

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am new to the ST forum but even I could see the last 48hrs were out of control. Let the drama end! Thanks Dan

Bob

Train safe & smart
Bob

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thank You!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello, Condolences about your friend. Sorry about the bruhaha in your absence. One thing I like about this forum is that you can get pretty heated discussions going about both tri an OT issues without too much infantile behavior. The recent posts were so far out of line it was hard to believe.

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [smtyrrell99] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for putting a top to that nonesense. Amen!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I read almost daily, post relatively infrequently (mostly in-season or when I think have something to add that is worthwhile or can help someone on some topic), and have valued the site.

Dan was among the first of us over on rec.sport.triathlon a decade + ago, pushed his retailers into looking at web commerce about the same time and the site...the whole site, which, it seems, more people should look at...is a great resource. Dan knows he has to keep some interesting content coming, which is essential to keep a conversation/forum going. That article on having the 70.3 series races becoming qualifiers for Kona was a perfect example of what the forum can and should react to.

Everyone likes a sense of community, and we pick and choose which community we belong to during each part of our day. I like this being my multisport community, and can live without the nonsense.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You da MAN!

We devoted, well mannered Slowtwitchers thankyou, for 1) this forum 2) keeping it real.

TriDork

"Happiness is a myth. All you can hope for is to get laid once in a while, drunk once in a while and to eat chocolate every day"
Quote Reply
Woo Hoo!! [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you, sir!! I've always loved coming home at the end of the day and seeing what was on the forum. But lately, I'm afraid my wife will look over my shoulder and think I'm on some kind of a singles site. It's much better that she just know me as the boring, tri-geek that I am! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dan,

Can you make this a "sticky" at the first page of forum?

Suffer Well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
add moderator privileges for certain people, it's the only way to properly admin a forum this large.

"Democracy consists of choosing your dictators, after they've told you what you think it is you want to hear."
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [astrotri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
so umm what was the controversy?
Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [fulla] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"so umm what was the controversy?"

there's no controversy. leave it at that.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok. sweet as.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

peggy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It was kool until Spagnoli ordered the pizza.

Jim
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
wow, that's something i wouldn't have ever expected to see go on here. thanks for the ST gear dan fits great!

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [Ted McGregor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"thanks for the ST gear dan fits great!"

i think i forgot to include the carbon seat post. i found one here in the workshop, and it could only have been for your frame. i'll send that to you separately.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hear, Hear.

"How bad can it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First, sorry for your loss.

Second, sorry that you had to come back and clean up the mess that you had no part in making.

Third, Thank You.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
See, now Dad got mad and we can't play with you meanies anymore.

Thanks Dan,

Pat
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
haha, i was wondering about that part, but i wasnt too worried about it... however just send it when you like.

------------------------------------------------------------------
"The aspect of sport that you learn is that you have your good times and your bad times, but you share it with great people." - George Gregan

Quote Reply
Re: Unacceptable Forum behavior [tridork] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"2) keeping it real. "

Please god tell me you wrote that in jest. There is a sale on trucker hats and facial jewelry at Hot Topic. Hurry you might miss it.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply

Prev Next