Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How I'll use the TriRig Alpha One [boing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That is great that you believe that. Customer confidence is huge.

I don't.
Quote Reply
Re: How I'll use the TriRig Alpha One [GreenPlease] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My biggest concern is the strength of the dragonfly. there's a lot less material there than the trek mono extensions. Matters more for guys like me who ride with a long forward position.

GreenPlease wrote:
I’d like to 2nd this. My biggest concern about this bar is the post suddenly slipping.
Quote Reply
Re: How I'll use the TriRig Alpha One [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
TriRig wrote:
Replacement posts will be available as a separate part. Cost tbd.

Perfect. That part had me worried. I can slam it and cut it and not have to worry about getting another post if I want to raise it.

Just for reference, the P5-X stem quill replacement ran us $300. So consider that, at the same pricing, this product is probably $1300 for many of us who intend to ultimately sell it. There is no incentive for a manufacturer to make a part like that affordable, either, because by keeping the price of that component high you can effectively tax every resale flip of your product, which both generates margin and drives would-be classifieds buyers into new product purchase, which generates even more margin. Offering a part like that is a no brainer, but it's not necessarily a good thing for the end consumers.
Quote Reply
Re: How I'll use the TriRig Alpha One [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
I have it on order, and am excited to try it out. I have been pleased with what I have purchased from them already, and have not heard of issues with other components they have manufactured.

Then you simply haven't been paying attention. To be fair, we haven't seen many or any product or customer-service issues from these guys in the Omni era.

Mike Alexander wrote:
The amount of negativity and skepticism on ST never ceases to amaze me. I imagine the 11+ months includes some testing for safety.....I can't imagine their goal is to ship a product that is dangerous and have subsequent liability from injury.

What never ceases to amaze me is that certain people will spend $1,000 on a performance bicycle component within 30 minutes of it being announced before knowing almost anything about it, including if it actually exists outside of a computer rendering! Hell, half of posters on the other thread were ready to buy it before it was even announced. Not to mention the circle jerk in the comments over on Facebook that I could not bring myself to finish reading. This is maybe the most nauseatingly positive TriRig release thread ever. The rest of us are just trying to bring the conversation back to earth.

No, nobody aspires to ship a product that sends people to the hospital. But sometimes they do. And not every company acts responsibly when or after they do (e.g. aggressive communication, recall initiation). Felt is out there effectively putting people in the Emergency Room because they can't make an extension clamp that holds the front end together under normal riding conditions. The structural integrity of these front end products -- given the speeds we are traveling on these bikes and the way we are riding them -- basically could not be more important. I think they are fair questions to ask and not at all out of line.
Quote Reply
Re: How I'll use the TriRig Alpha One [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Mike Alexander wrote:
I have it on order, and am excited to try it out. I have been pleased with what I have purchased from them already, and have not heard of issues with other components they have manufactured.

Then you simply haven't been paying attention. To be fair, we haven't seen many or any product or customer-service issues from these guys in the Omni era.
It looks like it has the potential to be a great product. Very few front ends are super aero and also easy to work with, so this would be a real addition to the market. That said, front ends can take large impacts from potholes, objects, etc, and front end failure is potentially life threatening. My own first hand experience with a serious TriRig product failure, and their response, was not confidence inspiring, so I will maintain a healthy dose of skepticism until the product is actually out and proven in the field.
Quote Reply
Re: How I'll use the TriRig Alpha One [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, someone has gotta test this thing. Just be happy you have so many lined up willing to do so for you. I know, I am. IÂ’ll look for Black Friday sale 2018 if this thing is holding up.
Quote Reply

Prev Next