Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any details on the aerobar risers? They are hinted at in the images, but not mentioned here or the crowdfunding site.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [culpritbicycles] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What's the stem angle?

Strava
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [shoki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, Di2 fits inside the cover

Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [dangle] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yah

I will update video next week. My samples of spacers came after my video shoot. So sent to vidoegrapher to do a video of actual product stacked, etc,

The spacers are designed to tuck di2 icable n the back pushed in place.and a cable holder clip Part A of B should also work from jagwire allowing mechanical to be clipped in before going into stem keeping cables hidden from the wind from the front.

Will offer 5mm, 10 mm, 20 mm, 40 mm, 60 mm, 5 mm bridge.

0-80 mm total. However. each stack is 4 bolts. So thats my concern shipping weight right now.

Will discuss internally this weekend and see what options we have to include in shipping and at what price increase.

Waiting on final bolt pricing as well

Cheers

Joshua
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [gary p] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gary

It is a cornerstone for Tri bikes but I am also catering to the road market with this stem. Which is why I didn't design BTA mount into cover.

Road and tri market is heading to fully hidden cables. My patent helps keep this stem unique in that it is an open faced design with accessible cables at all times, easier for travel and assembly which should be an option I hope to sell OEM spec to road and tri brands.

Besides. we all hope Sram actually improves the blip box.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [soldagreen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Extension length, Alloy 365 mm, carbon 384 mm

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Could you show us a picture og how the cable runs go without the stem top cap? Interested to see if I can run mechanical on it...
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here you go , cover off

Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [gmh39] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Stem angle is -10 degrees
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bummer I was about to pull the trigger today. I was hoping it would be -17 I wanted to switch this out with my current stem but with the -10 according to ttbike fit stem calculator it would raise my stack 12mm. If anything I would be trying to at least stay the same or lower. I am curious why the -10 for an aero stem? maybe I am wrong but I thought -17 on most tri bikes is what is most common. Did you try to find a middle ground for road and tri bike use?

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [mknight84] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mass market appeal

most common on road bikes is -6 to -10 or even positive rise for some. Tri bikes you sometimes find -17. But honestly not many stems are -17 on bikes as the average rider doesn't ride that agressively.

Had to choose an angle that would be best for both road and tri. And had to study what was on the market to compete against and those were PRO missile and 3T integra both at -10.

Sorry we were not able to meet your needs.
. if we fund, a different angle is definitely in the plans but Tri market is really small compared to road segway and I want to see this product on OEM spec for road bikes and tri bikes with fully hidden cables, while still allowing athletes the ability to travel with the bike with handlebar removal.

Also, biggest cost is the cover in tooling. So that is a limiter and reason for the high funding goal. It allows me to keep the unit pricing retail reasonable at 110 USD with lower unit cost but higher up front tooling costs. This also means opening more sizes and angles comes at a very high mold fee. So had to choose one that works well rounded for all.

If you need extremely low. The profile Ultimate Aeria(my direct competition) is I believe -22 degrees, so should help you reach your fit numbers.

Hope that explanation is clear. Thanks for your honesty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the reply. Totally understandable. I hope this works out well for you. If you do offer other angles in the future I will definitely pick one up.

2019 T-Rex Tri Series
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I uploaded an install video of the aerobars

Shows how easy it is to set up and adjust.

https://vimeo.com/241989692
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
very nice.

Do you think one could run
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [davidalone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One could run??' o don't understand
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Is it possible to order without any extensions? I have a preferred setup that I would like to use with your clipon so don't need another set of extensions.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fyi the timeline makes it look like it won't be shipping till 2019 (eventhough it says elsewhere on the page that it will ship in 2018)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love this stem. Am now a backer. Will be updating my set up this spring me thinks!

NCCP certified Comp coach
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [HoustonTri(er)] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes,
I will add that perk option in. Unit price wont be much different as the cost of extensions is lowest price of the design.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [aeroyoost] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Timeline shows 2018. Can I ask where the date 2019 is coming from?

Thanks

Joshua
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From the timeline you posted, it seems that the starting point in October is October 2018 and shows the products being shipped in 2019.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I see now
Will update later.

Tks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
culpritbicycles wrote:
Should work on felt iaxx

I dont have access to one to check. Felt hasn't seen 3d to verify. But longer stem has 2 cable stopd so should be able to run inner cable to front brake.
I was hopeful this might be a future option for a Felt IAxx stem replacement but alas, you recommend 33mm of steerer to clamp to and if I'm not mistaken the Felt IAxx steerers have been cut to 29mm for their stock stem.

So, either I have that dimension wrong or you've already ruled out most people's Felt IAxx as a candidate for this stem. A shame as it does look like it would have been a very interesting option.
Quote Reply
Re: Culprit Covert Op Aero Stem and Clip on Aerobars, P.E.R.K. saddle/tool bag on indigogo [Ai_1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
29 mm is above headset top cap right?

Does that include the expander plugs height added in? most expander plugs are 2-3 mm added height.

I just remeasured and it should work but I don't have an IA xx available to me in Taiwan to check.

Kiley has a stem for review., I'll see if he can check locally. unsure if he can though as he has a build ready for it to use for testing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm not looking to start a war here, but any aero comparison to Tririg's Alpha X? I'm running a stock cockpit on a 1st gen speed concept and I'm looking to upgrade for aero gains. I'm torn between a used Alpha X and your stem/aero bar set up with a 3rd party base bar.

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply

Prev Next