Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: TriRig One [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where do you hide a di2 junction box? doesn't look like there is any place to do that on the bars and no mention on tririg site

personally, i'd prefer a more drop integrated stem to get base bar lower like the enve or profile set ups
Last edited by: jeffp: Nov 22, 17 5:38
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What Am I missing...how does the One adjust back any more or differently than the Alpha ?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The bar looks sooo easy to adjust so, for me, getting a new bike and dialing in fit would be a lot easier. Now if I were to be putting a bar on an existing frame where I knew coordinates I don’t think it would matter as much.

But love the easy stack adjustment. I remember Trevor Wuertle saying he lowers/raises his P5x bats depending on course and distance of the race.

I’d be happy to take someone’s X cheap when they upgrade to The One!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will sell you mine for sure
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [jeffp] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, can a Di2 junction box fit be hidden? Also, is there any public data out there that compres the Enve bar/stem to this one? If the Di2 box won't fit inside the One, what does that do to its drag? Before I trade in my Enve bars, I'd need to know what I was gaining if anything.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Fishbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Surprised it isn’t much more (at least with the free extensions special) than the now discounted alpha x
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [TPerry] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
TPerry wrote:
Yes, can a Di2 junction box fit be hidden?

Just looking at the photo, it appears to have the same sort of cavity inside the stem that the Alpha X has. The junction box fits in there.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry... Weight question

What bar parts are actually weighed.... on the TriRig website it says

Alpha X - 650g
Alpha One - 920g

Anyone know ?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
TPerry wrote:

Just looking at the photo, it appears to have the same sort of cavity inside the stem that the Alpha X has. The junction box fits in there.

I already talked to them about the junction box. Here is what they said.

Me: Is there a compartment for the DI2 junction box on the Alpha one?

Tririg: Not exactly. Some smaller junctions can fit inside the stem cavity but not all of them.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [cyclenutnz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cyclenutnz wrote:
Looks amazing on the Omni - really completes that bike.

I don't know about you but seeing this bar makes me want to by the *Omni* and not just the One.... compelling.

Eric Reid AeroFit | Instagram Portfolio
Aerodynamic Retul Bike Fitting

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would presume the stem asnper the previous bar/stem. I doubt there has been a direct comparison between the two bars particularly as it is Just out. Jim (ERO) might have some idea on how compatible they are aero wise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
way too much time on your hands.......get back on your bike
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Willi3ja] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Willi3ja wrote:
Surprised it isn’t much more (at least with the free extensions special) than the now discounted alpha x

You guys will hate me for this, but I told Nick he wasn't charging enough for it. In fact, I think the price is waaaay to low. Luckily for you, he didn't listen to me.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Keith-OH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Keith-OH wrote:
ericlambi wrote:
TPerry wrote:

I already talked to them about the junction box. Here is what they said.

Me: Is there a compartment for the DI2 junction box on the Alpha one?

Tririg: Not exactly. Some smaller junctions can fit inside the stem cavity but not all of them.

so no hidden DI2 box? well crap.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Willi3ja wrote:

You guys will hate me for this, but I told Nick he wasn't charging enough for it. In fact, I think the price is waaaay to low. Luckily for you, he didn't listen to me.

You always say this about new products that launch with top-of-market pricing. The Giro Aerohead was and is expensive as shit, and so is the TriRig One (and all other TriRig products). $1,000 is a huge sum of money for a component on a bicycle, and this is a component sold directly to consumers! You have to figure 80% gross margins on this stuff.

Let me guess, though.... You tested it at the velodrome and it's 15 watts faster that the Alpha X? Is that less or more than Tim O'Donnell gained from the Aerohead?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
refthimos wrote:
I guess since Jim says it's awesome I should go ahead and just send my money over now

Which is just such a ridiculous thing. Especially when this is the same person arguing for you to need to send as much money over as possible!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [UKINNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sweet! Good thing is the March date leaves me enough time to save money and find a good deal on a frame.

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Jim@EROsports] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Willi3ja wrote:

kind of a category killer... not only is he not charging more, or more than other brands, but he's only charging what he used to charge for AlphaX and is passing the savings on to that tier by discounting the X.

“You are experiencing the criminal coverup of a foreign backed fascist hostile takeover of a mafia shakedown of an authoritarian religious slow motion coup. Persuade people to vote for Democracy.”
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [kileyay] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Is that less or more than Tim O'Donnell gained from the Aerohead?

Tim gained because he stopped being a "periscope head"

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [ericMPro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
kileyay wrote:
Is that less or more than Tim O'Donnell gained from the Aerohead?

Tim gained because he stopped being a "periscope head"

Actually, no, Tim gained because of Jim @ERO. I saw it right here: https://www.instagram.com/p/BbxMHSUHJIJ/

Night and day difference! Somebody fire Steinmetz!

And power output increased too!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
kileyay wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Willi3ja wrote:

You always say this about new products that launch with top-of-market pricing. The Giro Aerohead was and is expensive as shit, and so is the TriRig One (and all other TriRig products). $1,000 is a huge sum of money for a component on a bicycle, and this is a component sold directly to consumers! You have to figure 80% gross margins on this stuff.

Let me guess, though.... You tested it at the velodrome and it's 15 watts faster that the Alpha X? Is that less or more than Tim O'Donnell gained from the Aerohead?

Considering what competitors are selling their bars for, I would say $1K is pretty cheap for what you're getting. The market will let him know, but I'm betting he could have raised that price. I never blame anyone for creating something and selling it for what the market is willing to pay.

Haven't aero tested it yet. Likely don't plan to do so unless he wants to pay me to do it, or someone comes in to test.

Who said anything about the Aerohead testing fast on TO? We tested it, the P09, the Oakley, Smith, Bontrager, and others. You'll know what was best when you see him race in 2018. Assuming anything from a GIF is not wise.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To defend Matt, not that he needs it, that position wasn't from him. He's positioned TO in the past, but that was not his work.

Jim Manton / ERO Sports
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I watched the video and thought “it’s a cool concept”. But then the showed the shot of the Omni and how it covers the monospacer when it’s below the stem and my thoughts became “well crap, should’ve waited a couple months to buy a new bike”

Matt
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:
What Am I missing...how does the One adjust back any more or differently than the Alpha ?

i don't know that you're missing anything. the alpha x had one adjustment limitation: it didn't go back as far as i'd have liked. down? yes. out? yes. up? yes. back? less so.

i don't see that this is changed materially in the alpha one.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ericMPro wrote:
Jim@EROsports wrote:
Willi3ja wrote:

kind of a category killer... not only is he not charging more, or more than other brands, but he's only charging what he used to charge for AlphaX and is passing the savings on to that tier by discounting the X.

Actually, no. That's not how this stuff works. He has developed a new mold now, which is a huge fixed cost, so the new products have to remain expensive to cover that incremental cost. As you amortize the...fuck it. Just, this isn't going to save anyone money, including TriRig.

I have to say, I don't understand this product. I don't understand why you announce it 6 months in advance of its best case ready-by date, which is "March" (July? September?) when it doesn't even seem there is a working/functional prototype. Nobody domestically is buying new front ends right now. It's cold as all hell outside. So why do fire sale pricing on your soon-to-be -- or not so soon to be, as it may turn out -- 'legacy' product, just so that you can clear out a bunch of inventory months in advance, with the new product leaked days before Black Friday. So I don't get any of that.

I also don't understand how we hear all this talk about UCI-Illegal front ends and monster air foils and the wisdom of hiding your junction box and wires and how that means SPEED, but then we are supposed to put this 'improvement' on the bike, which takes a big step backwards in all of those categories except for the speed you can get at your annual pilgrimage to A2. And it's heavier? The Omni is already heavy as shit.

Besides all that, what about this single 4 MM bolt that holds the mono riser jawn, secured by a pushing wedge? If that doesn't scare you, I don't know what does. The hell if I'm running that at the top of the stack envelope on the roads I ride, not that I would need to. We all saw the Factor-gate video. And then for those, like me, who are riding the lowest line on the stack envelope, this product makes even less sense compared to an Alpha X.

Is it possible that we are going too far in the name of adjustability with all this? It just feels like there are too many compromises.

And I don't see how the compromises make it make sense as a front end for someone who either a) knows their fit and/or desired fit well or b) knows nothing about how to alter their on fit. So, for the most experienced and simply for most triathletes, the primary advantage of the product is largely lost. Sure, this makes the life of a fitter recently...I get that. There are already a bunch of fitters shilling for it here. And it seems to nicely complete the Omni. But I just don't see it being successful -- or at least, not as successful as predecessor products -- unless the execution is just unspeakably good. And that has not always been the case with TriRig's most ambitious new products.

The Alpha X is already a best in class front end, and probably among the fastest. I think I would stick with it for the foreseeable future.
Quote Reply

Prev Next