Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Elktonkool] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It looks beautiful!!!

@floathammerholdon | @partners_in_tri
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks really clever, though would be good to see a real one and not just the rendering.

I guess for non-Omni bikes you're supposed to cut any extra length of the "stack bar" once you figure out your stack?

Edit: It's also up in the store on TriRig's page. Slowman gets the award for most puns ever in a promotional blurb.
Last edited by: trail: Nov 21, 17 19:09
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27lJ7tDsv4A

I will say that Nick has a knack for coming up with what simple, but still new, designs.
Last edited by: DFW_Tri: Nov 21, 17 19:12
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [DFW_Tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn’t ship until March 2018.

blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

I will say that Nick has a knack for coming up with what simple, but still new, designs.

This one should pay some homage to Cervelo, though. (though it does improve upon Cervelo a little, at least by initial inspection)
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [cloy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They have my money.....impatiently waiting. Hell yes. Bad ass.
Last edited by: Mike Alexander: Nov 21, 17 19:45
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Mike Alexander] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A more detailed look from aerogeeks! Looks good and makes me want to buy a P2/3 frame then use The One and make it super slick!

Twitter - Instagram
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
DFW_Tri wrote:

I wonder how that monopost is secured, really like the idea but if it’s just friction I’d like some evidence that hitting a bump wouldn’t result in it falling down (much)
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, just wow. I thought this was going to be more like Trek's or speedshop's design. This is impressive. And UCI legal, too!

I am wondering how it would look on a regular bike. It looks tailored to their on Omni.

- Do you cut the monopost once you dial in your fit? The monopost will probably look out of place on another bike.
- Does it still hide a DI2 junction box? Does it hide DI2 cables. Loved how clean DI2 looks on an alpha X
- Love the design of the dragon fly, but can't help but be a bit concerned with its strength. If you ride really long and hit a bump. Can the dragon fly stand up to all the forward torque? The monopost looks solid as hell but the dragon fly less so
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [SteveM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SteveM wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

I wonder how that monopost is secured, really like the idea but if it’s just friction I’d like some evidence that hitting a bump wouldn’t result in it falling down (much)

There is a 4mm bolt on the front of the base bar.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just sending my money in now as well. This will work perfect on a IA

2024: Bevoman, Galveston, Alcatraz, Marble Falls, Santa Cruz
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
Wow, just wow. I thought this was going to be more like Trek's or speedshop's design. This is impressive. And UCI legal, too!

I am wondering how it would look on a regular bike. It looks tailored to their on Omni.

- Do you cut the monopost once you dial in your fit? The monopost will probably look out of place on another bike.
- Does it still hide a DI2 junction box? Does it hide DI2 cables. Loved how clean DI2 looks on an alpha X
- Love the design of the dragon fly, but can't help but be a bit concerned with its strength. If you ride really long and hit a bump. Can the dragon fly stand up to all the forward torque? The monopost looks solid as hell but the dragon fly less so

Putting mine on a Shiv. Plan to experiment a bit and then cut off the excess to clean up the front end. However, if you didn't cut it.....you are talking about an aerodynamic piece that sits in front of a wider head tube. It is possible that having the smaller piece in front of the head tube actually breaks up the wind and helps aerodynamically. Hoping that data is in the aero results when they publish.

It looks like the Di2 junction box fits under the dust cover. Would have been awesome if you could squeeze a blip box in there.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think everyone is assuming that the blip box will be going away soon, thus not designing for it.

Mike Alexander wrote:
Would have been awesome if you could squeeze a blip box in there.
Last edited by: bloodyshogun: Nov 21, 17 21:43
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [bloodyshogun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
bloodyshogun wrote:
I think everyone is assuming that the blip box will be going away soon, thus not designing for it.

Mike Alexander wrote:
Would have been awesome if you could squeeze a blip box in there.

Yeah...I have heard those rumors.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [trail] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Looks amazing on the Omni - really completes that bike.

Questions for Nick:
- What is the extension width?
- Does the Aerobar Y include a headset cover?
- Any reason that the pad mount holes aren't 6mm wider each side to make the narrowest pad setting possible?
- Expected weight?
- What HTA is the straight Y increment based on?

Some observations:
- 8x as many possible configurations as the Alpha X, though this number is a little inflated by modelling the riser in 1mm increments. Even if we worked to 5mm steps (which is a pretty tight tolerance for most aerobar XY searches) it's still a significant step up from the Alpha X
- Still on the long side for reach for the wider market, good for those pursuing fast positions

XY Fit range vs Alpha X is the same apart from greater granularity on stack

Not as low as the extreme undermount position with Enve, but more overall Y range

Finer adjustment on Y and a touch lower than Profile Design Aeria Ultimate, but a lot less adjustment in X

More useful pad width options than Alpha X

Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [stevej] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
stevej wrote:
Doesn’t ship until March 2018.

Dammit!
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [Sean H] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The specific shape of the BTA mount let me think that we'll can clip a aero hydration system ?
Perhaps tririg upgrade ?

Professional French Bike Shop.
https://www.instagram.com/zebikeshop/
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [refthimos] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone know if this will work on older p2's as well? Looks great and have been thinking about a upgrade.

Terrible Tuesday’s Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig Alpha One [oscaro] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
as mentioned, first thing i thought when i saw it was P5X.

looks quite awesome and looks killer on the tririg bike.

80/20 Endurance Ambassador
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [jrielley] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
jrielley wrote:
A more detailed look from aerogeeks! Looks good and makes me want to buy a P2/3 frame then use The One and make it super slick!

I have three TriRig Alpha X bars, one on a P3. It is pretty nice, looks very sharp. I guess this new bar looks super adjustable, which is awesome, but I'm having a hard time understanding what is better about this bar if you have no trouble fitting the existing Alpha X? Given TriRig history with product quality, surprised so many people are lined up to be first users! Think I'd happily buy an Alpha X on sale instead.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericlambi wrote:
jrielley wrote:

I have three TriRig Alpha X bars, one on a P3. It is pretty nice, looks very sharp. I guess this new bar looks super adjustable, which is awesome, but I'm having a hard time understanding what is better about this bar if you have no trouble fitting the existing Alpha X? Given TriRig history with product quality, surprised so many people are lined up to be first users! Think I'd happily buy an Alpha X on sale instead.

All the bike fitters are getting excited: easy to adjust so it makes their job much simpler and quicker.

And of course you'll need to visit them again to make more minor adjustments to get an even "better" position. And again. And again.

And where's the data/tests to show it really is their "fastest bar ever"?

Apart from the ease of adjustment I'd be surprised if there's any measurable real world performance benefit over the Alpha X.
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Those running DI2 where would you put the junction box? Would I be better off with the Alpha X?
Quote Reply
Re: TriRig One [moonmonkey02] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
moonmonkey02 wrote:

And where's the data/tests to show it really is their "fastest bar ever"?

Apart from the ease of adjustment I'd be surprised if there's any measurable real world performance benefit over the Alpha X.

It’s slowtwitch.....

People are going to buy it because someone said it was fast

Make Inside Out Sports your next online tri shop! http://www.insideoutsports.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Mike Alexander wrote:
SteveM wrote:
DFW_Tri wrote:

There is a 4mm bolt on the front of the base bar.

Yeah, saw that, but how is it holding the monopost? If it's like the cervelo seatpost then it could drop over time, if it only falls a short way then it's probably not a big issue, but if a big bump caused a big drop it could get a bit sketchy.
Quote Reply

Prev Next