Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How was your week? Nov 20/21 edition
Quote | Reply
So, how was it? Of course, I'm unable to do Dr. TC justice in getting us started.

I've got a week and two days left before my "retirement" starts. I'm already getting inquiries about doing contract work, so definitely going to be a "semi" retirement.

In spite of the craziness of wrapping up a long-term job, I got in 2 runs and a bike last week--on the newest member of the household:

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Last edited by: Tri3: Nov 21, 17 13:34
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 20/21 edition [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
lovely bike, and lovely photo!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy Thanksgiving week to the US womens!

Quote:
Goals this week - day off from running, ride 2-3x, swim 5x

I did not take a day off from running. 50.7 miles total; decided to take Monday (yesterday) off to swim with a friend, and figured I'd have some days off during Thanksgiving week, so ran 7 days. Rode once... a 2 mile errand. Swam 7 times for 8375 yds.

Yesterday I swam 3400 yards, which is probably the only swim I'll get in this week. I taught my classes, drove to the airport, and flew to Salt Lake, where my brother lives :-) I am here for Thanksgiving... ran 6 miles around Liberty Park on the chipped trail with his border collie this morning. Love running with that dog! We're headed to the San Rafael Swell tomorrow, and I have no goals or plans for the week except to enjoy myself. I'm so happy to be with family for Thanksgiving.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 20/21 edition [Dr. Tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good for you--enjoy your holiday with family!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for getting us started, Tri3. Glad Dr. TC was just busy :)

My goals last week were:
Three runs, three bikes, two or three swims, two strength sessions, a yoga class, and my daily p/rehab. I *might* do a local sprint this weekend mostly because it's Thanksgiving themed and there's pie at the finish line!

Work was nuts so I only managed two of my swims and one of my strength sessions but got the planned bikes,runs, and yoga. I did jump into the local race -- I helped my friend's nervous daughter navigate the scrum at the start of the swim (she's only thirteen but was in a wave with the adult women) and then had a good and very fun race myself (I hadn't ridden my tri bike or run off the bike since early September so that went about as well as you might expect).

This week is a weird one -- work is crazy, the holiday is crazy, and I'm going to try to camp and climb this weekend. I'll aim for 3 runs, 2 bikes, 2 swims, 2 strength sessions, 1 yoga and daily p/rehab plus some hiking and climbing.

Happy Thanksgiving to the US Womens and Happy Training to all!

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Last edited by: SoCalTricurious: Nov 21, 17 16:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tri3 - is your saddle set really far back or is it a funky shape? Lovely bike btw, I'm glad you are enjoying it!
SoCal - good of you to jump in to help out your friend's daughter.

My goals for last week may have been rather over-ambitious given the timezone change fatigue I suffered (it seems wrong to call it jet lag because I went to bed and woke up at normal times, I was just sooooo tired). Instead of 4 trainer rides, 2 strength sessions. I managed 2 rides, one physio session (strength + running, nearly puked from the intervals she had me doing) and a standalone strength session.

This week: 5 rides (2 done), 2 strength sessions (1 done), 1 run. Some friends from the cycling club are celebrating their golden wedding anniversary at the weekend - I'm looking forward to that. Less than 2 weeks until our cycling trip to Arizona - I have been strava stalking the rides and I'm getting excited!

Hope everyone has a good Thanksgiving.
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 20/21 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Scheherazade, it means a lot to me to have the opportunity to help other people be less nervous in the water!
She's a short-haired wispy tomboy who gets really anxious in the swim but is a decent cyclist and a strong runner -- reminds me of someone I used to know...

Happy cycling :D

(Formerly SoCalTricurious, now in the PNW).
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 20/21 edition [SoCalTricurious] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe you could run a ST Womens camp for nervous nellies like me. Not sure what would kill me first, the prospect of a shark or the waves. ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: How was your week? Nov 20/21 edition [Scheherazade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote:
Tri3 - is your saddle set really far back or is it a funky shape?

Both. The saddle is set back as far as it can go. (I might move to a 10mm longer stem when I get a chance.) And it's a Sitero saddle (short nosed) with a neoprene cover on it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another 8 hour week for me.
Swims - 2x
Trainer - 3x
Strength workout with the trainer - 3x
Yoga - 1x

Definite strength gains! It's been too cold, or raining, or high winds (tornado sirens going off) to ride outdoors. I hate winter!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just finished with my Power Hour in Masters' Spin class at work. A lot of watts in a short period of time feels good once in awhile. Next, I post and admit to the world my triathlon commitments for 2018!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply