Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Youtube - The Real Fake News Cess Pool
Quote | Reply
While doing the ol' diy research thing I made the mistake of being click baited and watched part of idiot video. Now most of my feed is echo chamber bullshit, most of which is idiot's spewing garbage that's not even real. One more link to that race baiting Ezra Levant twit and I think I'm going to punch my laptop screen.
Quote Reply
Re: Youtube - The Real Fake News Cess Pool [racin_rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was friends with someone on Facebook that I kind of sorta knew for about a week. She was constantly posting amazing investigative journalism in the form of YT videos. I think she actually believed the stuff. So over the top, made Infowars appear coherent.

It was amusing but I had to unfriend her so I wouldn't be tempted to give those guys traffic.

I'm beginning to think that we are much more fucked than I thought.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hate Youtube for that - it's barely usable; if you clear your history, you get nothing good, but if you watch one "type" of video - clickbait or other - then your feed is polluted...

I think the fake news bullshit aspect of youtube is troubling...kids spend too much time clicking from crap to crap to crappier, before developing any critical thinking skills... have the conversations I have with my teenage boy are setting him straight about "an article" he saw online...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now most of my feed is echo chamber bullshit, most of which is idiot's spewing garbage that's not even real.

Good thing the Lavender Room isn't anything like that...

Quote Reply
Re: Youtube - The Real Fake News Cess Pool [snoots] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
snoots wrote:
I hate Youtube for that - it's barely usable; if you clear your history, you get nothing good, but if you watch one "type" of video - clickbait or other - then your feed is polluted...

I think the fake news bullshit aspect of youtube is troubling...kids spend too much time clicking from crap to crap to crappier, before developing any critical thinking skills... have the conversations I have with my teenage boy are setting him straight about "an article" he saw online...

Yeah, man. Kids these days are too stupid to weed out the BS. We should restrict access to information. They really should only be exposed to State approved media.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Youtube - The Real Fake News Cess Pool [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
Yeah, man. Kids these days are too stupid to weed out the BS. We should restrict access to information. They really should only be exposed to State approved media.

I know you are being sarcastic about kids.
The problem is that there really are people who cant weed out BS. The poorly read adults who once were the target audience of National Enquirer or the beffuddled 70 year old grandpas sitting in front of their laptops, eating KFC and stroking their blond toupees.

Remember - It's important to be comfortable in your own skin... because it turns out society frowns on wearing other people's
Last edited by: Guffaw: Nov 14, 17 15:57
Quote Reply
Re: Youtube - The Real Fake News Cess Pool [Guffaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Guffaw wrote:
Duffy wrote:

I know you are being sarcastic about kids.
The problem is that there really are people who cant weed out BS. The poorly read adults who once were the target audience of National Enquirer or the beffuddled 70 year old grandpas sitting in front of their laptops, eating KFC and stroing their blond toupees.

Have you seen the cube earth theory? It explains both flat earth and round earth.

Also the huge tree thing is awesome.

Civilize the mind, but make savage the body.

- Chinese proverb
Quote Reply
Re: Youtube - The Real Fake News Cess Pool [Duffy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Duffy wrote:
snoots wrote:

Yeah, that's what I said...

It should read 'half the conversations'... I'm glad your boy is as brilliant a bullshit detector as you are, high five or fist bump or something...
Quote Reply